Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Souls

Old 01-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
Mob_zter

Give me a Complete Mod Guide for Dark Souls

I heard lots of good things about this game from lots of people.So i checked lots of trailer & few gameplays.Game looks really good. So Im thinking of buying this game from Amazon for 13$ after I got my salary . But I heard that the pc port is horrible for this game & I heard that Keyboard & mouse not the best way to play this game.

So few weeks ago i was talking to my girl about this game & told her that i need to buy a controller to play this game. few days ago on my birthday & She gave me a surprise gift . its a Logitech f310 controller

Im a PC gamer from age 12.Now I'm 24 years old. Need to say that i never used a Xbox or PS3 in my life. but I remember using Nintendo Entertainment System(Nes) to play punch-out before i came to the PC gaming.

anyway after i got the controller & i tried it on AC revelations(i already finished AC revelationas with KB& mouse) & i really sucks playing it with a controller Anyway I still hope that i can get used to the controller once i started playing few hours with dark souls.

Now that being said, I want some help from all of you pro DS players who finished the game on PC. Im a PC gamer always but I never used any mods in my life. And i heard this game is really hard too. I'm not a rich person & I don't have a super computer. My specs are
Core 2 quad
4GB ram
GTX 460
17 inch monitor ( 1280 x 750)

so Guys plz help me with some helpful tips( i dont mind few small spoilers ) & tell me what mods do i need to install before i play and what order should i install them. I heard that I need a sound Mod too coz game is missing lots of sounds I don't need 60FPS MOD. 30FPS is fine for me (My GPU will never go for 60Fps anyway) Sorry about my crappy English. Im from Sri Lanka & ENglish is not my 1st language

thnx for reading my post & hoping for few tips
Old 01-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
oneone

It´s totally worth it if you apply the DS FIX and then use a xbox controller.

The grafix are really sweet once u change the settings how you want the game to look.

Here is the newest DSFIX.
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dsfix

Here are some other good addons.

High Res UI textures.
http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/21
Flora Overhaul HIGH Res.
http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/56

Also some more here but those are the once i recomend.
http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/top/

Dont forget to read all the readme files before you apply all these changes

good luck!
oneone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
elpibepiola

the port is horrible technically, other than that there is nothing wrong with it. no game breaking bugs, nothing. use dsfix and there is a new awesome GUI.exe on nexus that will make it all easier to install.

You can use dsmfix for mouse which will fix all your issues, if not use a pad. I will tell you to disable AA and motion blur in-game before installing dsfix, since ppl do not read the read me.

Best game this generation, by far. No competition.

THE update namco released fixes the sound issue and makes the game less cpu intensive which means you SHOULD use the 60 fps. You can enable it in dsfix and then press BAACKSPACE to enable and disable in game so you can see the difference. Once you go 60 you wont go back.
elpibepiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
BenderX

I had the same issue. Did all my gaming on the PC for ages and got sloppy with a Xbox controller (literally 10 years like you). Keep playing and it'll come back to you.
BenderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
Squarehead85

How do i know i have the latest patch installed?Does steam automatically patches it?I've bought the game 3 weeks ago or so from amazon because steam says that my region is ,,no go'',and used a key thru steam.

Is there a link to this patch?
Squarehead85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
elpibepiola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarehead85 View Post
How do i know i have the latest patch installed?Does steam automatically patches it?I've bought the game 3 weeks ago or so from amazon because steam says that my region is ,,no go'',and used a key thru steam.

Is there a link to this patch?
steam automatically updates it, youre fine. just install dsfix and READ THE READ ME first
elpibepiola is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Souls