Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Buick72

Broken finales

Yeah, there are old threads about this. No, I wont necro post. Sorry.

Played Dead Center on expert with some friends just now, and got the endless horde/broken finale bug right as the elevator opens. We almost made it the first time amazing enough, one more bile bomb and we would have gassed up the car and been done.... that bile bomb was 3 feet away from my death palsied grasp by the way....

I used to run into this issue a lot, on VS, and CO-OP, these days it's a bit more rare, well, it was... It seems to be making a comeback. Not a huge deal as my friends and I only play on expert and have finished dead center about 1,000 times each, but damn, I had about 97% accuracy going and we all play for stats these days...

Ah, the point of my thread, guess I better make one.

1) How do you avoid this situation?
2) How do you deal with it?
3) How many of you have made the push through it and finished the finale even though it's borked?
4) Are there mods that fix broken crescendos/finales? I'm tempted to rent/mod a server....
5) I love surviving them for an additional 2-3 minutes while my dead teammates watch me run around.. that's not a question, I just think it's funny to make them wait while I juke the infinite tanks....
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
astaman

Something definitely seems wrong with a lot of finales in the last couple of weeks. Just last night on campaign, No Mercy - helicopter came straight away, Sacrifice - no horde or tanks after starting the generators and couldn't complete, The Passing - no horde or tanks while filling the generator and couldn't complete. Also experienced the same glitch as the OP on Dead Center.

Whats going on
astaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Gwarsbane

Had all these problems too, they all happened on pinion servers, and only on those servers.

Any chance those were the servers you guys were on?

It got so bad that the people I play with went out and got their own server cause we were tried of trying to drop to the lobby and reset things to get a decent actual official server. They set it up with no mods or anything and everything works fine.

No stupid ads, and the finales actually work again.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
restlessgamer75

Banned
The only thing we can do is hope that VALVE releases a fix for this with the next patch which hopefully comes soon.
restlessgamer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
S-erver

Smile 5 x 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick72 View Post
Yeah, there are old threads about this. No, I wont necro post. Sorry.

Played Dead Center on expert with some friends just now, and got the endless horde/broken finale bug right as the elevator opens. We almost made it the first time amazing enough, one more bile bomb and we would have gassed up the car and been done.... that bile bomb was 3 feet away from my death palsied grasp by the way....

I used to run into this issue a lot, on VS, and CO-OP, these days it's a bit more rare, well, it was... It seems to be making a comeback. Not a huge deal as my friends and I only play on expert and have finished dead center about 1,000 times each, but damn, I had about 97% accuracy going and we all play for stats these days...

Ah, the point of my thread, guess I better make one.

1) How do you avoid this situation?
2) How do you deal with it?
3) How many of you have made the push through it and finished the finale even though it's borked?
4) Are there mods that fix broken crescendos/finales? I'm tempted to rent/mod a server....
5) I love surviving them for an additional 2-3 minutes while my dead teammates watch me run around.. that's not a question, I just think it's funny to make them wait while I juke the infinite tanks....
1) Don't play Pinion servers
2) Blocked all Pinion servers IP's
3) Never had such final problems ever, i play original L4D2 only
4) Yes, play in servers that run original L4D2, and has no video advertisements
5) I always try to make sure the whole team will survive, so that behaviour is not my path. A good player fights for his team mates always.

About official servers. I ran into a modded server last week. The server was set up with kids mod, confogl. Weird thing was, it showed the Pinion motd advertisement video. I'am sure some server administartors just set up servers using the Pinion motd video script, to look as it is official Pinion. It was ofline last days, but we keep track of that IP for a while. Either Pinion allow them to do so, or that server admin is just low.

S-erver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
Buick72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
Had all these problems too, they all happened on pinion servers, and only on those servers.

Any chance those were the servers you guys were on?

It got so bad that the people I play with went out and got their own server cause we were tried of trying to drop to the lobby and reset things to get a decent actual official server. They set it up with no mods or anything and everything works fine.

No stupid ads, and the finales actually work again.
Yeah it was a pinion server. Only ones I connect to these days.
Buick72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
astaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick72 View Post
Yeah it was a pinion server. Only ones I connect to these days.
Same, don't seem to be able to connect to any 'official dedicated' servers recently always have to use 'best available'.
astaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
morgan423

Some friends and I saw this on Dark Carnival last week. Chopper showed up just before the first tank did, and went to the end opposite the tank spawn, right near where we had been holding. It was very odd.
morgan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
iggy04

Did DCe's finale twice yesterday with a buddy.

First time, game acted like rescue vehicle had already activated and was carrying us off - we had instant flow of Tanks and actual car wouldn't light up upon getting all cans.

Second time music played as normal, Tank spawned in as normal but car platform wouldn't activate after getting all the cans.

I did play a DCa finale while my router was offline - no issues. I'll try some more offline finales later.
iggy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
klackhead

This is quite ridiculous. I have also experienced these glitched finales on Pinion servers. This didn't just happen recently too. It started months ago. Get to work Valve. Is this not a gamebreaking problem?
klackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
estoopi

I haven't noticed anything wrong recently with the game itself.

My problem with the game yesterday was I got DDOSed on 6 difference occasions. It's always shortly after someone on the other team rages..

I go offline when I play sometimes and it still happens -_-.

so yes the game is unplayable.. at least it was last night for me
estoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
chetf

Valve
If you experience this issue - please go into the console and run the status command and from there post the ip address of the server here.

thanks
chetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
Tyrant vs Tank

My server is running fine.

With...

- Added Alarm Cars
- Random Dynamic Pathing
- Random Weather
- Stripper Exploit Fixes
- Alternate Sacrifice Tank

No finale problems whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoopi
My problem with the game yesterday was I got DDOSed on 6 difference occasions.
Rent a server with protection.

Its funny how people can defend Official Servers at all when some 3rd party outlets can more or less eliminate kids crashing games via 3rd party.

Meanwhile with the joys of Official Servers....

- DOS/DDOS
- +1 Grief team or Denial of Kick
- No team lock between map loads
- General exploits still available thanks to Valve's slow support

Its a wonder how anyone can defend them.

Sure we can play the strawman argument about the evil admins or the heavily modified servers or blah blah blah etc etc.

Fact is...

Reasonably Modded/Fixes Valve goofs >>>>>>>> Official Servers every time

The only bad modded Server is the one that favors survivors or plays games with the games physics.
Tyrant vs Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
York85

I can confirm it happens on the Pinion "official" servers. It just happened to me on the No Mercy finale.

hostname: Pinion White Label | L4D2 UK #029 - Valve Official

Edit: another bugged finale on Dead Center

hostname: Pinion White Label | L4D2 UK #194 - Valve Official
udp/ip : 91.227.222.4:25048

Last edited by York85: 01-10-2013 at 06:46 PM.
York85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
iggy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetf View Post
If you experience this issue - please go into the console and run the status command and from there post the ip address of the server here.

thanks
I am on the 360, not Steam. East Coast servers have been down since last week and now the finales are screwed up.

But from the looks of the PC forums it sounds like users are experiencing these issues as well.

What's going on?
iggy04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2