Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
DiabloTigerSix

The FAMAS is a JOKE in CS:GO

I don't have a problem with the Famas in 1.6. It has nice vertical initial spray and is almost as much of a headshot machine as the Ak-47 when fired in the burst mode (well, "almost" because obviously it's harder to put more than 1 bullet on a moving target, one of which has to be a headshot, but it is capable of doing it.)
Furthermore, its 3-round burst is more accurate than any automatic weapon - a nice bonus for the disadvantages of 3-round burst (lower rof and immediacy, clumsiness).

The Famas, contrary to popular beliefs, is an AK-47 competitor, especially on de_ maps. When you buy a defuse kit, whether it's in 1.6 (2250+200=$2450) in CS:GO(2250+4=$2650) = in both cases just $50 shy of AK's price.
I understand that not all games are de_ games, so the Famas shouldn't be just as good as the AK-47, but it should be close.

Now, given the fact that the AK-47 is the most powerful assault rifle in CS:GO and the Famas is the least powerful one, it should have plenty of advantages in the accuracy deparment. The Famas is truly awful for wallbanging too and multiple engagements, holding just 650 potential damage, as opposed to 1050 damage in the Ak's mag.

So where are the accuracy advantages?

Spray pattern
AK-47: easy to control vertical inital climb, then changes predictably to flat horizontal movement.
Famas: unpredictable horizontal changes at a high rate all the time
AK-47 wins

Initial accuracy
AK-47 wins

Spray accuracy
AK-47 wins

On top of all that, the burst fire function of the Famas has been nerfed to oblivion (that minor full auto recoil buff isn't even worth mentioning), in fact, it was nerfed so much that not only is a 3-round burst from most fully automatic weapons more accurate, but even the Famas in FA mode itself, despite having a load of random inaccuracy, will produce tighter groups which is absolutely ludicruous considering it's supposed to be a precision mode. Valve did the complete opposite of what should've been done in the last patch.

The Glock's burst fire was nearly eliminated and replaced with random deviation when it fact, the amount of recoil it had before was perfectly suitable for a close range weapons that it is. It took skill to master and was fun to use. Meanwhile the Famas's burst mode accuracy, mind you, a weapon that's meant primarily for medium-long range engagements, took an arrow to the knee.

The Famas simply needs to be improved in both modes. Its 3-round burst mode needs to return to its former glory of accuracy, not just to where it was in CS:GO, but where it was 1.6 or better. To even stand a chance against the AK, that'll at the end of day, kill you much faster anyway, it needs to be able to put those 3 bullets spot on.

The full auto mode of the Famas could use a buff too. It's just boggles one's mine how anything so weak can be so inferior to much more powerful guns in terms of accuracy. But then maybe, improving its accuracy is not the answer. I don't want everything to be an easy mode like the current M4A4 has become thanks to the last patch.

A lot of weapons in CS:GO were given realisitically high rate of fire (MP9, Negev). I'm not suggesting realism for the sake of realism, what I'm saying that giving the Famas one of its strong real life attributes will benefit everything here because it'll just make it different from other weapons and thus the weapon selection should become, once again more diverse.

The real-life Famas shoots 1000-1100 rounds per minute, so I suggest to give it that rate of fire in the game as well. Given that its accuracy is garbage and that it's the weakest assault rifle with the lowest ammo count in the game, this tweak would suit it perfectly.

TL;DR:
The 3-round burts needs to have less recoil
Rate of fire should be increased to 1000 rpm or more.

Last edited by DiabloTigerSix: 01-28-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
Maddy Baddy

The famas is already good. I have no problems using it.
Maddy Baddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
darkdiablo121

How can the Famas be bad in any way, the only draw back is the 25 round magazine the thing has the damn accuracy of a scout with 3 round burst on, just aim for the upper chest and bam headshot.
darkdiablo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
iliy

Famas is ok, don't touch it
iliy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
OvEr

I noticed too, that the burst fire on famas is less accurate. The spread is more random, and it spreads in a bigger circle, not just a vertical recoil. I think that before the patch it was too easy to give headshots with it, you just aimed at the chest and the recoil did the rest of the job. Tough it's a bit less accurate than it should be.
Now the recoil on both automatic and burst is the SAME. Meaning only the initial accuracy is better with burst fire, it's a bit more realistic, but it makes the burst fire (imo) almost useless. So yeah, maybe a bit more accurate burst fire would be better, but I think no dmg,rof, or other changes like that is needed.
OvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
Caliente

Famas is perfect if you ask me, i actually prefer it over the M4 sometimes.
Caliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
KROLik 0riginal

Banned
How about a great recoil reduction in burst mode with a longer cooldown time (In this cooldown-time you can´t shoot)?
KROLik 0riginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
Maddy Baddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROLik 0riginal View Post
How about a great recoil reduction in burst mode with a longer cooldown time (In this cooldown-time you can´t shoot)?
So a scout that shoots three grouped bullets?

No thanks.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #9

AK performs better than its price and is the best AR in the game. The Famas is the worst AR (but still a good weapon) and is worth it's price. Don't compare the two.
20091119200118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
Maddy Baddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20091119200118 View Post
AK performs better than its price and is the best AR in the game. The Famas is the worst AR (but still a good weapon) and is worth it's price. Don't compare the two.
Famas>Galil any day
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #11
ActionDragon

I think Famas is fine. Just pull more downward when bursting to hit the same spot.

Edit: Nevermind. Burst isn't good enough anymore.

Last edited by ActionDragon: 01-28-2013 at 03:36 PM.
ActionDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
x-Mikuru Beam-x

I love the FAMAS, the burst mode is really usefull at long range
x-Mikuru Beam-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
TutsiRebel

FAMAS was great before the 1-23 patch, I actually used it over the m4 pretty often. Now the recoil in burst and full auto modes is exactly the same, making burst mode completely useless. Whoever suggested that change is dumb.
TutsiRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
omiclix

Sometimes I see things like this and question if the OP and I are even playing the same game.
omiclix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
jaj22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TutsiRebel View Post
FAMAS was great before the 1-23 patch, I actually used it over the m4 pretty often. Now the recoil in burst and full auto modes is exactly the same, making burst mode completely useless. Whoever suggested that change is dumb.
Ok, it's weirder than that. In practice the recoil of the Famas is much worse in burst mode than in full auto now. The third shot goes very high in burst mode.

I think what's happening here is that Famas burst mode has a higher fire rate so there's less time for recoil recovery between shots.
jaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive