Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Illicant

CS: GO Ban times

Hey.

I started playing CS:GO about a week ago now, just came over from 1.6. Loved the idea of competitive play incorporated into the game considering I don't want to pay for ESEA right now.

My biggest issue with the game so far is the ban times. It is so easy to do damage to a teammate without intending too. My first ban was 30 minutes, no big deal I tked a teammate by accident and had done damage during the scrim. My next ban was a few hours or something, this ban came from a bot running through my molotov TWICE in one scrim and dying from both because they are worthless. Then, last night my internet dropped and i disconnected from the scrim. 24 hour ban. This is just ridiculous - something needs to be done to fix this system. I understand banning people for team killing and leaving games because it screws other players - but something needs to be done to fix the current system.

What are other players opinions?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
broadwey_again

It's there to make sure people play the full match, so that includes internet connection dropping out sadly.
broadwey_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Maddy Baddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwey_again View Post
It's there to make sure people play the full match, so that includes internet connection dropping out THANKFULLY.
ftfy.
Maddy Baddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
Illicant

I'm not really to mad about the disconnect ban. I get that for the sake of people staying in a game. But the bans for tking a bot? I think that is a little outrageous considering the bot play is downright terrible.
Illicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
Casus

Just deal with it.

I got a weeklong ban for killing a troll at round start. Just drop into casual and deal with it.

It's not perfect, but the harsh punishments keep everybody more or less toeing the line.
Casus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
LaputanMachine

Yup it's garbage. I pay for a game and I'm banned for a week ? Sweet.
LaputanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
x-Mikuru Beam-x

I got banned for 7 days, twice! I had a whole bunch of problems with my router at the time and couldn't hold a steady connection.

I came onto the CS:GO forum asking if I could appeal to valve, and I ended up getting a right old ear bashing from the community. So I went off and played casual for a week, and you know what? I didn't hurt me

It may seem a little harsh, but over time I think like me you will see the ban system helps keep rage quitters in check which results in great competitive matches
x-Mikuru Beam-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
Maddy Baddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaputanMachine View Post
Follow the rules. I've been banned once. Once in 250 hours.
Maddy Baddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
cortez09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaputanMachine View Post
next time read the rules, you clicked the button and you accepted the consequences.

and you are temporarialy banned form a GAME MODE not the entire game
cortez09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
lashlash

Here are the tickets to vote on, regarding forgiving TKs:

http://64bitvps.com/csgo/ticket/allo...c-matchmaking/

http://64bitvps.com/csgo/ticket/mm-s...orgive-system/
lashlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
Illicant

I'm not denying that the system is good. And based on the rules I did deserve the ban. But I do think it is quite outrageous to be banned for killing a bot especially in my circumstances. I have accepted the ban and I know I am not banned from the entire game.

Just wanted to get other players thought on the issue.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
bloody skull

I've been banned once for a blackout in 300 hours. I was able to play as soon as power came back. The system works fine.
You, killing a bot, were just unlucky. It never happened to me. Also, do not teamkill on purpose, even trolls. Votekick them or just play.

It's going to get better
bloody skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
AzaleaBC

I really do sympathize with your position. Thing is I find the idea of being banned for a bot running around in fire really funny. Sorry.
AzaleaBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
Illicant

Oh, the bot running in the fire was hilarious and I did laugh about the ban at first. Then realized it was 24 hour ban and that's when I was just like.. really.... But its whatever. I respect the system and like that it keeps trolls away and people from leaving. Some tweaking I think should be done. but that's my personal opinion.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #15
mataza1988

I like the leave bans, but teamkilling sometimes occurs during regular play. Like if the enemy throws a really good flashbang. Or quite frankly someone actually walks into the line of fire. With a Sniper, AK or Deagle headshot, its instant death.

Or if you are on a balcony/ledge/other highground and shoot to help your teammate while he is having one of those almost melee jump around firefights, where both players bump into each other in panic and move like a spirograph with guns.
It happens more often than you think, especially at the low end of the skill.

1 unpunished teamkill for a match that can last up to 30 rounds is very unforgiving. Make it maybe 3, or make it forget your teamkill after 7 rounds.
Teamkills during the first 5-15 seconds should stay the same though.
mataza1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive