Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
kdr723
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Hackers in CS:GO competitive

Can we do anything about these cheaters in competitive CS:GO?

Here's a demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pfwfju1dqcyvyd/hacker.dem


# 1870 9 "MelloJello" STEAM_1:0:36157917 25:25 117 0 active 80000

# 1884 12 "Derank Your Team, Uprank Ours" STEAM_1:0:3802299 21:08


I know I know, Valve doesn't VAC ban players based on demos. But is there something we can do? Thanks.
kdr723 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
HappyShorts
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Reputation: 30
Posts: 85
http://www.google.com/search?q=kdr72...rlz=1I7ADFA_en

We all know Enhanced Aim is down right now due to a recent detection but it looks like your a member at other providers too so give them a go, toggle on and pretend you're good again.

Last edited by HappyShorts: 02-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.
HappyShorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
BigD
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Reputation: 1
Posts: 281
lol classic
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
DoReMi
 
Join Date: May 2008
Reputation: 76
Posts: 1,582
Oh damn
DoReMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
kdr723
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyShorts View Post
http://www.google.com/search?q=kdr72...rlz=1I7ADFA_en

We all know Enhanced Aim is down right now due to a recent detection but it looks like your a member at other providers too so give them a go, toggle on and pretend you're good again.
1) I am not a traitor.
2) I'm fine without cheats because I don't cheat.
3) Pure coincidence that someone else stole my name.
kdr723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
hyundai
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 102
Posts: 1,799
That's the thing though, hackers are very good spotting other hackers. On of the pubs I used to frequent actually had a notorious hacker as an admin just so he could look for hackers and review demos. I've joined some of those sights too just to actually gauge how many people are actively cheating and man, there seems to be so many active cheaters on CMM.
hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
kdr723
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundai View Post
That's the thing though, hackers are very good spotting other hackers. On of the pubs I used to frequent actually had a notorious hacker as an admin just so he could look for hackers and review demos. I've joined some of those sights too just to actually gauge how many people are actively cheating and man, there seems to be so many active cheaters on CMM.
It doesn't take a pro to spot a cheater when he's reaching the spawn in less than 5 second and headshots everyone almost instantly. I suggest you watch the demo.
kdr723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Mark316
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2007
Reputation: 217
Posts: 7,025
When the game first came out, I enjoyed 5v5 matchmaking so much, it kept me playing all day.

In the past week or two, it's just gotten out of hand to the point where I've had to buy ESEA.

I joined with a friend last night and earlier on today, we had 16 matches overall

16 matches, 8 of those matches had hackers in (obvious aimbot/speedhacks) 3 hackers in a row at one point

I've been playing CS since I was 12, I'm now 21, I know a hacker when I see one.

Tbh it's just appalling the amount of hackers there is, and I will no longer be playing Matchmaking because while I know how VAC works (delayed bans to delay the making of new hacks), it just doesn't work.

In my eyes a better system would be, instant ban, even if a new hack is developed in a few weeks time, they'll only get about a weeks worth of undetected playing before the next Valve hotfix to patch it. They only need one guy to join these hack sites and download them for themselves.

Hell I'm sure there are some talented guys here who Valve could hire just to do this job.

Ahhhh a pipedream..
Mark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
kdr723
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark316 View Post
When the game first came out, I enjoyed 5v5 matchmaking so much, it kept me playing all day.

In the past week or two, it's just gotten out of hand to the point where I've had to buy ESEA.

I joined with a friend last night and earlier on today, we had 16 matches overall

16 matches, 8 of those matches had hackers in (obvious aimbot/speedhacks) 3 hackers in a row at one point

I've been playing CS since I was 12, I'm now 21, I know a hacker when I see one.

Tbh it's just appalling the amount of hackers there is, and I will no longer be playing Matchmaking because while I know how VAC works (delayed bans to delay the making of new hacks), it just doesn't work.

In my eyes a better system would be, instant ban, even if a new hack is developed in a few weeks time, they'll only get about a weeks worth of undetected playing before the next Valve hotfix to patch it. They only need one guy to join these hack sites and download them for themselves.

Hell I'm sure there are some talented guys here who Valve could hire just to do this job.

Ahhhh a pipedream..
The reason the bans are delayed are so coders and admins of cheat sites can't test their cheats and get results within minutes.
Also, when VAC bans roll in, it makes it more difficult for cheat sites to determine if it's their cheat that's detected or not.
kdr723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
Mark316
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2007
Reputation: 217
Posts: 7,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr723 View Post
The reason the bans are delayed are so coders and admins of cheat sites can't test their cheats and get results within minutes.
Also, when VAC bans roll in, it makes it more difficult for cheat sites to determine if it's their cheat that's detected or not.
I know that's what I wrote, just not in so many words, thank you for elaborating.
Mark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
demzie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Reputation: 6
Posts: 149
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3072555
demzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
kornholio111
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 7
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark316 View Post
In the past week or two, it's just gotten out of hand
i feel the same way. about every 3-5 matches i encounter a cheater. not the something's-suspicious-kind of cheater. the in your face type of cheater headshotting 5 people in 1.5 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by demzie View Post
great idea!

Last edited by kornholio111: 02-06-2013 at 06:07 PM.
kornholio111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #13
hyundai
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 102
Posts: 1,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr723 View Post
It doesn't take a pro to spot a cheater when he's reaching the spawn in less than 5 second and headshots everyone almost instantly. I suggest you watch the demo.
Those are blatant hackers and they are just mainly grieving. But there are far more hackers that put in a lot of time not to get caught. Many are pretty decent but they still hack. And you wont know if they are hacking unless you know what your looking for.
hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.