Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
winnerhead34
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 10
Posts: 539
Hats, always Hats!

It's always hats and miscs now. Promo hats and miscs for games, no new weapons for us to play. Is there going to be another update like the ber Uber Update, where a bunch of wea gets released?cus its really boring now playing these weapons everyday.
winnerhead34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Davjo #2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Reputation: 422
Posts: 1,888
Well, it's Hat Fortress after all...
Davjo #2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
TheHamz
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 206
Posts: 1,732
There's a weapon pomotion on it's way :-)
TheHamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
Sud
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 1724
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerhead34 View Post
It's always hats and miscs now. Promo hats and miscs for games, no new weapons for us to play. Is there going to be another update like the ber Uber Update, where a bunch of wea gets released?cus its really boring now playing these weapons everyday.
They need to be slower and more thoughtful on the weapons they release. Stuff like rocket jumper, market gardener, brass beast, demoknight weapons, etc. make the game a worse place, not better.

There needs to be an unspoken rule about weapons that get implemented in that they need to be designed to serve a purpose, and that purpose needs to be viable and fit into normal objective-based play within the game.

I would rather have no more weapons than rushed, poorly thought out weapons that detract from the game. Alternate playstyles are great, so long as they fit into the game's flow.
Sud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #5
Yueenode
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 100
Posts: 393
Cosmetics are easy to add and don't affect gameplay in any way, hence the overabundance of them. (Okay. The set bonus hats would be an exception.)

Weapons on the other hand require playtesting and balancing before shipping. As a rule, new weapon models generally have new stats, though they can get away with a few re-skins. Developing stats for new weapons and balancing them is a difficult process that takes time.

Last edited by Yueenode: 03-24-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Yueenode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:52 AM   #6
Tito Shivan
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 3406
Posts: 9,076
As if we didn't have enough weapons nobody use.
Everytime Valve adds a weapon is the same song.
-WEPON IS OP/UP/BROKEN. PLZ NERF/BUFF/FIX
-Then weeks or months happen...
-Valve patches the weapon.
-WEPON IS USELESS NAOW!!! WHY U NO BALANCE??!!
-Then weeks happen.
-VALVE Y U NO ADD MORE WEPONS!!!??

And back to start.
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #7
Cap'n Funshine
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 706
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerhead34 View Post
Is there going to be another update like the ber Uber Update,
I hope not, those weapons were god awful save for a few.
Cap'n Funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #8
hurrycanne699
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 130
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Shivan View Post
As if we didn't have enough weapons nobody use.
Everytime Valve adds a weapon is the same song.
-WEPON IS OP/UP/BROKEN. PLZ NERF/BUFF/FIX
-Then weeks or months happen...
-Valve patches the weapon.
-WEPON IS USELESS NAOW!!! WHY U NO BALANCE??!!
-Then weeks happen.
-VALVE Y U NO ADD MORE WEPONS!!!??

And back to start.
That's more like SPUF than the community itself.
hurrycanne699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 AM   #9
Darkmaster53
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 126
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sud View Post
They need to be slower and more thoughtful on the weapons they release. Stuff like rocket jumper, market gardener, brass beast, demoknight weapons, etc. make the game a worse place, not better.

There needs to be an unspoken rule about weapons that get implemented in that they need to be designed to serve a purpose, and that purpose needs to be viable and fit into normal objective-based play within the game.

I would rather have no more weapons than rushed, poorly thought out weapons that detract from the game. Alternate playstyles are great, so long as they fit into the game's flow.
Some weapons that don't fit into objective bases game are some of the most fun and entertaining weapons (see holiday punch)

Also the rocket jumper was created to fill the need to for a training rocket launcher, and the market gardener is a perfectly viable and extremly entertaining weapon.
Darkmaster53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #10
Omega360
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 8
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davjo #2 View Post
Well, it's Hat Fortress after all...
You forgot the 2 in there.
It's OK though, Valve forgets about the number 3 all the time.
Omega360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #11
General Cupcake
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Reputation: 26
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHamz View Post
There's a weapon pomotion on it's way :-)
Source?
General Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #12
Davjo #2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Reputation: 422
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega360 View Post
You forgot the 2 in there.
It's OK though, Valve forgets about the number 3 all the time.
Actually, I didn't forget the 2 since it is in my name.
The reason for the 2 is because I told germans to speak english in an english forum. Remember when steam was down 1 day in germany and +50% of my country wanted refund for their games despite being on steam for YEARS?
Davjo #2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #13
CarlZalph
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 683
Posts: 3,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sud View Post
They need to be slower and more thoughtful on the weapons they release. Stuff like rocket jumper, market gardener, brass beast, demoknight weapons, etc. make the game a worse place, not better.

There needs to be an unspoken rule about weapons that get implemented in that they need to be designed to serve a purpose, and that purpose needs to be viable and fit into normal objective-based play within the game.

I would rather have no more weapons than rushed, poorly thought out weapons that detract from the game. Alternate playstyles are great, so long as they fit into the game's flow.
The sticky jumper pre-nerfs was a straight upgrade if used with a Caber.

..I miss those days; they were fun.
CarlZalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #14
ned_ballad
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 3134
Posts: 11,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHamz View Post
There's a weapon pomotion on it's way :-)
hmm...?
ned_ballad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #15
winnerhead34
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 10
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sud View Post
They need to be slower and more thoughtful on the weapons they release. Stuff like rocket jumper, market gardener, brass beast, demoknight weapons, etc. make the game a worse place, not better.

There needs to be an unspoken rule about weapons that get implemented in that they need to be designed to serve a purpose, and that purpose needs to be viable and fit into normal objective-based play within the game.

I would rather have no more weapons than rushed, poorly thought out weapons that detract from the game. Alternate playstyles are great, so long as they fit into the game's flow.
How are the weapons u mentioned bad? ==
U should have mentioned FanOWar, Pain Train, VitaSaw, Big Earner
winnerhead34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.