Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
tehphillzor

Not getting dragon souls at all from any dragons

I've killed 3 or 4 dragons and I've not gotten any dragon souls.

I've read about not getting souls from respawned dragons, but not from ones I know I haven't killed be for, like Nagagliiv outside Rorikstead.

I watched Alduin resurrect him, I then killed Nagagliiv, and no soul absorbed.

I have a fully updated game, with Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLC. I have no mods installed that modify how dragons work (Only ones I do have installed are cosmetic), and I've installed the Unofficial Patches (which are up to date).
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
alexUW

Since you have the "Unofficial Patches", do you have the "Unofficial Dragonborn Patch" ?

The Unofficial Skyrim patch introduces a "dragonsoul absorption" bug, that is remedied by the Unofficial Dragonborn patch.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=125322852

Last edited by alexUW: 02-27-2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added dragonsoul absorption
alexUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
totalitaer

Had that as well. Solved mine by getting all the unofficial patches.

If you feel you have been ripped off you can add your missing souls manually by the console command 'player.modav dragonsouls X' where X is the number of souls you want. It won't break any achievements or anything else, and it is no more than fair.

You probably also need to make sure that unofficial dragon born patch is loaded after the regular unofficial skyrim patch (with means UDBP needs to be below USKP if I remember correctly)

Last edited by totalitaer: 02-27-2013 at 12:02 AM.
totalitaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
tehphillzor

I have all the Patches (which is why I said "patches"), all of them up to date.

EDIT

I've changed the load order, have to find a dragon to kill to test it, but here's to hoping...

Last edited by tehphillzor: 02-27-2013 at 01:20 AM.
tehphillzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #5
Xorbeus

its a bug with dragonborn dlc. unofficial dragonborn patch fixed it for me.

might want to run boss, or just make sure the unofficial patches load before any other mods.
Xorbeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #6
Shmu-Hadron

I have the same issue for a while. It didn't really bother me before (I had 10+ souls so I could learn any new shouts easely) but now I cannot kill Miraak in Dragonborn because of this glitch. He tries to absorb soul from his dragon during the fight but nothing happens and he stays in ethereal form forever.

This soul glitch started before I installed Dragonborn - maybe in Dawnguard, maybe even earlier (I really can't remember when I absorbed dragonsoul last time). I used "unofficial skyrim patch" long time ago but deactivated it later, so it really maybe because of it. I played Dragonborn with "unofficial Dragonborn patch" and wasn't able to absorb souls - maybe it's because I had deactivated "unofficial skyrim patch", but maybe it's because I have corrupted save now. It really sucks if that's the case because I'll have to rollback about 100 hours of game played. I'd rather look for a cheatcode like "kill Miraak", to be honest.
Shmu-Hadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
xybolt

if you're searching for a console cheat, you can progress through the mssion with console commands, but that would ruin the fun.

look for
- setstage
- setessential if it's toggled on at him
- kill

or install USKP. i have it, as many others and i'm pretty certain that the dragon soul absorp bug isn't caused by it. i could still absorp souls. but when installing dragonborn, ppl has to add its UP to overwrite some conflicting scripts in USKP.
xybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
Shmu-Hadron

Thanks God, I finally solved it! Uninstalled the game, deleted all its files I could find on my hard drive (except saves), re-installed it again, ran the game without any mods or unofficial patches - and Miraak was able to absorb souls at last (as well as my char after killing Miraak).
Shmu-Hadron is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V