Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #1
Wiredbomb0

AVA and Black Rose

Hello! I've been recently trying to obtain The Black Rose, since it's a very nice reskin, and I've been having some trouble to get it to register that I've completed the achievement. I've installed AVA, and I've played several games, and don't mind the game, but none of the achievements have carried across to my steam account, so I haven't received my item in TF2. I sent an email to Steam Support a week ago today, asking if there was anything I could do to get the item, despite my being Australian, and I haven't heard back from them. I sent another message just saying I've tried to play the game, so I'll see how this goes. Just wanted to know if there was anything I could do to get this achievement to work, thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
Sugioh

Wasn't AVA removed from Steam? I'm fairly certain you can't get the achievements for it any longer, at least not legitimately.
Sugioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:13 AM   #3
Wiredbomb0

I just searched google for it ( Google Search ) and there was a Steam Starter Pack for AVA last updated for Feb 18 2013, but when I go to it, it tells me "Not available in my region".
Wiredbomb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
BenX92

just use steam achievement manager and unlock the specific achievement without bothering with the game
BenX92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #5
Wiredbomb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenX92 View Post
just use steam achievement manager and unlock the specific achievement without bothering with the game
What does the steam achievement manager do?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #6
Vatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredbomb0 View Post
What does the steam achievement manager do?
Manages your achievements, obviously.

And by that I mean it can lock/unlock any achievement for any F2P game or any game that you own, and as long as you don't have any games running at the time, there are little to no repercussions to doing so, but use at your own risk.
Vatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #7
ILoveVista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugioh View Post
Wasn't AVA removed from Steam? I'm fairly certain you can't get the achievements for it any longer, at least not legitimately.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/102700/
ILoveVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #8
Wiredbomb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatio View Post
Manages your achievements, obviously.

And by that I mean it can lock/unlock any achievement for any F2P game or any game that you own, and as long as you don't have any games running at the time, there are little to no repercussions to doing so, but use at your own risk.
Wouldn't that mean someone could just activate all of their achievements on a game? Has Valve said anything about it? I'd rather try and go through Support first rather then use this. Maybe as a last resort, because I've already earnt the achievement, it just hasn't gone through...
Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #9
Vatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredbomb0 View Post
Wouldn't that mean someone could just activate all of their achievements on a game? Has Valve said anything about it? I'd rather try and go through Support first rather then use this. Maybe as a last resort, because I've already earnt the achievement, it just hasn't gone through...
Yes they could.
No they haven't.
If you have the 'chieve but no item, contacting support would probably be the best option, as SAM probably couldn't help you.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 AM   #10
Wiredbomb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatio View Post
Yes they could.
No they haven't.
If you have the 'chieve but no item, contacting support would probably be the best option, as SAM probably couldn't help you.
Nah, I don't even have the achievement on my Steam account, so I'm not sure. I suppose I could just use SAM to get that one achievement; keep some proof that I've played the game and should have earnt the achievement just incase Steam/Valve has something to say. I've earnt the item, so I should get it.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #11
SpikeTheDragon

Isnt AVA a keylogger?
SpikeTheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 AM   #12
shadowtroop121

Don't bother with AVA, it's a waste of time. If you want the knife, use SAM. You won't get in trouble.
shadowtroop121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #13
Vatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeTheDragon View Post
Isnt AVA a keylogger?
It does have a rootkit (Think of it as a keylogger that hides the key inputs and encrypts them before anything else can read them) as part of the anti-cheat system in the game, but it's not nearly as bad as people call it out to be, and it can also easily be removed manually
Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
16Bitman

I really wouldn't use SAM right now.
Valve will soon do something against all the "gibetuxpls" users, I think there's a chance they will also punish other people that use 3rd party programs on steam.
16Bitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #15
zer0sabers

Goodluck with that rootkit.
zer0sabers is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2