Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trials 2: Second Edition

Old 03-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
mack_au

Warning! Trials Evolution forced UPLAY

So after dealing with the garbage UPLAY junk bloatware for FarCry 3, I saw Trials Evolution coming to PC.

And saw a Ubisoft rep confirm it was coming to Steam.

And thought "Good, I want to play this without more UPLAY garbage".

Nope.

I install it, and launch it....... and it launches UPLAY.

There is NO WARNING on the Steam page that it FORCES you to use yet another pointless digital distribution software.

I want to launch and load it FROM STEAM.

Not UPLAY.

If I wanted to buy it on UPLAY, I'd have BOUGHT IT ON UPLAY. If I'd known it was forcing UPLAY down my throat I wouldn't have bought it. I want Steam games, on Steam.

Not happy.

Last edited by mack_au: 03-01-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
Wed

WTF? So there is no way to play the game without using Uplay?

This is stupid. Now I won't buy this game anymore...
Wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
JP_Russell

But... It's not out yet, unless I missed something. How did you install it and play it?

Though I would find it using UPlay to be no surprise. I'd prefer it didn't, but I didn't have any huge problems with UPlay in FC3.
JP_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
greyze

While I absolutely hate Uplay, especially for a Trials game because the multiplayer and leaderboard system makes COMPLETE sense to use Steam, and not Uplay..

I still have some hope it doesn't use it, because currently there is no evidence that it does, it doesn't even say on the Steam page that its required. And I really doubt you've installed the game and seen for yourself because its not out for another two weeks, you can't even pre-download.
greyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
greyze

Sorry, I take back what I said, I just found confirmation on the offical game forums, It is definitely a Uplay game regardless where you get the game (retail or steam).

God, damn, it.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #6
Wed

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyze View Post
It is definitely a Uplay game regardless where you get the game (retail or steam).
This is so stupid. You have DRM and friends through Steam, so why does it have to have Uplay?!

I was so happy when the game was announced for PC, but with Uplay I definitively won't gonna buy it...=(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_Russell View Post
But... It's not out yet, unless I missed something. How did you install it and play it?
You can pre-purchase the game and play the beta.
Wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
greyze

I've taken the plunge and pre-ordered anyway, and am now playing the beta.

Unfortunately the beta is kinda messed up, I know its a beta but from what i'm seeing I get the feeling the problems won't actually be solved when the game arrives.

SLI causes massive issues when playing, you must disable it.

The graphics from the console version weren't improved, they in fact look slightly uglier even on max settings.

lots game stutter: This seems to affect most people in the beta.

Even after following all tech support ideas, the micro stutter persists.. until they obviously optimize the game, its just that stutter really does damage the quality of the game and its persistent through almost all levels.

I don't really know what i'm going to do atm, I really want this game but I just get a bad feeling thinking that they will never fix the performance issues, and the fact I have to disable SLI just to play this game is stupid. I'll either attempt to get a refund as its only a pre-order, or ill take the plunge and hope for the best.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
mack_au

I've already put in a refund request, two reasons:
1) UPLAY. Not listed in Steam store.
2) The beta/demo bluescreened my PC. That shouldn't happen in a near-launch beta.

Ever since Enemy Territory: Quake Wars I have zero confidence in modern game studios to fix problems like these with their "Beta" pre-releases.

The word beta has gone from what beta actually meant, a non-launch version of the game intended for some time before going Gold, to find problems through mass testing.

Beta now means a glorified demo with a different name (ie Beta) that Hammer Legion Members and devs can use to excuse bugs and shoddy coding.

I've had enough of "It's just a Beta".

This game launches in two and a half weeks.

Not good enough.

I don't care if I've waited so long for it, I'm not putting up with a shoddy inferior product.
mack_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
greyze

Feel exactly the same way.. to see soo many problems in this "beta" with only two weeks to release doesn't sound faithful at all.

I am however going to give it about a week to see if Redlynx change my mind. I currently have issues with this beta that I have already posted up on their forums, if they can give me some kind of assurance that they are currently, or have already been resolved then I may stick with it; otherwise ill also put in for a refund.

I don't know how successful ill be in a refund but its worth a try atleast.. i'm definitely not interested in an unplayable game.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
mack_au

They accepted my refund request.
mack_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
Aticston

Submitted a refund request

When I bought it on steam store, it didn't mention third party DRM

I installed the game, started it, oh look, uplay

I then looked at the store page, oh look, its been updated to show it has uplay

This wouldn't be so bad -IF IT WORKED-

The uplay system is awful, every damn race I finish, I get to the end of it and "Saving.........."

It takes 2-4 minutes to save my game, when it only takes me 1-2 minutes to clear a map!!!

I've submitted a refund request, I can't put up with this crap in 2013
Aticston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trials 2: Second Edition