Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
anthonydraco

Legendary Skills? What does that do?

I've been doing my homework and learn that it revert that skill back to 15 and gives back all the perks. Does that mean I'm losing all the progress so far and become sucks again in that department? I'm hiding from the official patch at the moment, and I'm trying to figure out what is what before I get it.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
smith477

It gives you the opportunity to reset a skill that has reached 100, and as you say the perks invested are refunded.

Its optional of course, you do not have to do it. its only a small option in the level screen, its only there to allow you to reach higher levels if you want to. nothing scary at all.
smith477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #3
Grimmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith477 View Post
It gives you the opportunity to reset a skill that has reached 100, and as you say the perks invested are refunded.

Its optional of course, you do not have to do it. its only a small option in the level screen, its only there to allow you to reach higher levels if you want to. nothing scary at all.
Si it basically does what the end reward in Dragonborn does without having to spend a dragon soul?
Grimmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
Appl250

Basically your character becomes a Novice at that the specific skill tree again while regaining our perks back.

Seems strange to make a skill tree legendary yet at the same time become a newbie at the skill again.
Appl250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #5
ZalmanS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmac View Post
Si it basically does what the end reward in Dragonborn does without having to spend a dragon soul?
Not exactly. It's resets the perks of one skill tree only (not an entire set of trees like Warrior, Thief or Mage). You get the perks back you spend in the tree and if you choose to level up the skill again, progress goes towards earning more perks. This means that there is no more level cap and you can get as many perks as you want (depending on how much time you invest on resetting skills and grinding them back to 100).
ZalmanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
Seph64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZalmanS View Post
Not exactly. It's resets the perks of one skill tree only (not an entire set of trees like Warrior, Thief or Mage). You get the perks back you spend in the tree and if you choose to level up the skill again, progress goes towards earning more perks. This means that there is no more level cap and you can get as many perks as you want (depending on how much time you invest on resetting skills and grinding them back to 100).
Yeah, the fastest way to do that is to only reset skills that you can level fast enough (IE Combat skills, plus sneaking and pickpocketing level pretty fast).

What I am going to do once Sneaking is @ 100 (pickpocket is already @ 100) on my current character is to reset those skills, and invest some of the refunded perk points in to enchanting and Alchemy and save the rest for the sneak and pickpocketing trees once I relevel those skills again. My current character isn't going to go beyond being a sneaky character, so no growth in other skills.
Seph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #7
ZalmanS

I think that Alchemy would be the easiest to repeatedly grind to 100 IF you have Hearthfire, 3 Gardens and 3 Greenhouses. With all of that and a set of of 116% Fortify Alchemy gear, you could level back to 100 Alchemy every couple of days (up to 117 potions worth 1109g to 3546g each). With the potions that you make, you could reset Speech as well every so often and sell the the potions to get back to 100 (you still get progress towards leveling Speech from selling items even if the merchant has zero gold).

Last edited by ZalmanS: 03-19-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
Seph64

Speech levels fairly slowly, even if the value of the item you sell is over 200G. I sold a crap load of enchanted Iron Daggers (and I do mean a CRAP LOAD), valued around 220G each at the merchant, and the progress bar for Speech barely even moved.

The best way to level speech is persuasion/intimidation, if you can find enough people to persuade that is.

Last edited by Seph64: 03-19-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
ZalmanS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph64 View Post
Speech levels fairly slowly, even if the value of the item you sell is over 200G..
Yeah leveling Speech is the worst. I think it takes around 500k gold worth of items sold to get to 100. It would just be a very small bonus while you were grinding Alchemy (which I think would be the fastest to repeatedly level with the least effort). In just one batch of potions, you would sell around 270k gold value of potions (although you'd only get 4k gold if you sold them all to a maxxed out fence). Another small bonus is that you wouldn't have to change standing stones (the Thief stone boosts the skill rate of both Alchemy and Speech).

Edit: the biggest disadvantage is that you would have to sell the potions one at a time to maximize your Speech progress (selling more than one only gives you the equivalent skill progress of selling one for some odd reason).

Last edited by ZalmanS: 03-19-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
anthonydraco

Persuade Ungrien in Riften Meadery. He's behind the front counter. You can persuade him as many times as you like. I have 100 Speech skills. Try that. Oh, and don't forget Thief Stone first.
anthonydraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
Seph64

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonydraco View Post
Persuade Ungrien in Riften Meadery. He's behind the front counter. You can persuade him as many times as you like. I have 100 Speech skills. Try that. Oh, and don't forget Thief Stone first.
That glitch has been fixed in 1.9 (one of the unwritten fixes I believe, as I tried the glitch, and the dialogue for the persuason disappears after you persuade him to tell the truth), and even if it wasn't, it's been fixed in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Anarchisteve

Alchemy is indeed a skill that can quickly be levelled. I'm currently a 3x legendary alchemist, but I do compulsively collect ingredients (with the green thumb perk they soon mount up). If you are going to go this route I would recommend getting all three experimenter perks. Once you have found the qualities of all ingredients you no longer need to re-get these perks (except the first) and so can spend the perks elsewhere anyway.
Anarchisteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
larrykop

i've levelled alchemy, smithing and enchanting quite a few times, but you need to keep buying the goods, the fastest for me is Illusion and the muffle spell, once i've bought the master robes and a ring of recharging, it doesnt take long
larrykop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
ZalmanS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchisteve View Post
Alchemy is indeed a skill that can quickly be levelled. I'm currently a 3x legendary alchemist, but I do compulsively collect ingredients (with the green thumb perk they soon mount up). If you are going to go this route I would recommend getting all three experimenter perks. Once you have found the qualities of all ingredients you no longer need to re-get these perks (except the first) and so can spend the perks elsewhere anyway.
That's a great idea and a great way to learn most of the effects from ingredients. I never would have thought of that.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
alehm

When I bring girls over to my flat I load up Skyrim and show them my legendary skills and it gets me lucky everytime.
alehm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V