Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
sg6970

Broken Finale's Part II List Your IP's

So i guess very few people actually listed there server IP's conserning the broken finales thread shown here http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3052954 "Many" of us have really been experiancing both on PC and Xbox so Chetf wants specifics.. If the below broken finale recorded in this You tube video applies to you please list your "server" IP address so they can find a fix. Im sure the actions described on the video are what everyone is experiancing..

Please, no drama, just do it so everything is documented. If not enough people participate with listing there "server" IP's they simply wont do anything about it and sum it up as no problem found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucPNZrvWxzQ

Last edited by sg6970: 03-19-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:51 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
chetf

Valve
Actually, we need the server ip. You can get that by typing

status

in the console. You can just cut-n-paste that complete output here.

List what you were playing (vs/coop), what happened - did you go straight to the finale, restart, etc.

For example:
==================
] status
hostname: Valve Left4Dead 2 Server #2 (srcds146.sea-1.valve.net)
version : 2.1.2.1 5177 secure (unknown)
udp/ip : 208.64.201.162:27016 [ public same ]
map : c3m4_plantation
players : 1 humans, 0 bots (4 max) (not hibernating) (reserved 18600006d80cfdc)

I jumped straight in from the main menu after having failed the previous attempt. It was a solo coop game.
==================

thanks
chetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
sg6970

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetf View Post

status

List what you were playing (vs/coop), what happened - did you go straight to the finale, restart, etc.

For example:
==================
] status

I jumped straight in from the main menu after having failed the previous attempt. It was a solo coop game.
==================

thanks

Ok thanks thats great ! PC people can lst there "server" IP's but what do Xbox users do since we are experiancing the same identical symptoms as PC. Do we just hang tight until the problem is identified and corrected on PC first ?
sg6970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
gamegirlblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetf View Post

status

For example:
==================
] status

==================

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg6970 View Post
Ok thanks thats great ! PC people can lst there "server" IP's but what do Xbox users do since we are experiancing the same identical symptoms as PC. Do we just hang tight until the problem is identified and corrected on PC first ?
I have to agree with sg6970.

Sure, PC players can list their IP stuff, but we do not have a way to do that on Xbox 360.

This brings a question to my mind:

If you Valve guys are just going to update the PC, why bother to release it for Xbox 360 if you aren't going to update and fix the bugs that make this game on Xbox 360 broken?
gamegirlblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
jasminethecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlblue View Post
I have to agree with sg6970.

Sure, PC players can list their IP stuff, but we do not have a way to do that on Xbox 360.

This brings a question to my mind:

If you Valve guys are just going to update the PC, why bother to release it for Xbox 360 if you aren't going to update and fix the bugs that make this game on Xbox 360 broken?
Rather than make assumptions, ask questions and think for a minute. If Valve can isolate the issue on pc servers, then they know what to look for on xbox servers, right? Since much of the code is common between the platforms, it is easier to fix the pc version first (where they can rollout server fixes easier) and then attempt to fix it on consoles when they have a solution in mind.

@Chetf, this has been going on for over two months. Please do not say that valve has been playtesting this game and hasn't found even a single finale bugged out in that time. Most of us hit it at least 20% of the time on official (pinion) servers.

Please, please have a developer send me a friend invite and I promise I will help them find a bugged realism versus or campaign finale within 20 minutes maximum. They can drop me as a friend after we find one and at least then your team will know what we have been talking about.

If you don't want to use gamers to help test, then please follow these simple steps: Have 2 developers go into a realism versus lobby, set it to friends only, no mercy map 5 on an official server. Start 1v1. If you have to pick up your health kit (which shouldn't ever happen on realism versus), then you have a very good chance of the finale glitching, so go and start the finale. If you didn't have to pick up health kits, vote to restart or go back to lobby and try again.

Every time I have seen a finale glitch, we had to pick up health kits, and extra kits/defibs were in their usual places. Dark Carnival's finale is another one which frequently bugs out, as is Death Toll's.
jasminethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
sg6970

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminethecat View Post
Rather than make assumptions, ask questions and think for a minute. If Valve can isolate the issue on pc servers, then they know what to look for on xbox servers, right? Since much of the code is common between the platforms, it is easier to fix the pc version first (where they can rollout server fixes easier) and then attempt to fix it on consoles when they have a solution in mind.

@Chetf, this has been going on for over two months. Please do not say that valve has been playtesting this game and hasn't found even a single finale bugged out in that time. Most of us hit it at least 20% of the time on official (pinion) servers.

Please, please have a developer send me a friend invite and I promise I will help them find a bugged realism versus or campaign finale within 20 minutes maximum. They can drop me as a friend after we find one and at least then your team will know what we have been talking about.

If you don't want to use gamers to help test, then please follow these simple steps: Have 2 developers go into a realism versus lobby, set it to friends only, no mercy map 5 on an official server. Start 1v1. If you have to pick up your health kit (which shouldn't ever happen on realism versus), then you have a very good chance of the finale glitching, so go and start the finale. If you didn't have to pick up health kits, vote to restart or go back to lobby and try again.

Every time I have seen a finale glitch, we had to pick up health kits, and extra kits/defibs were in their usual places. Dark Carnival's finale is another one which frequently bugs out, as is Death Toll's.
I wanted to add a few final thoughts.. If Valve would just notice in the Youtube video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucPNZrvWxzQ That this has been happening since 2011 according to the published video except on a greater frequency now. This is a great example of what all of us have been experiancing on both PC and Xbox.

Lastly, This problem does not occure on single player offline. It happens directly online with co-op camp and VS.

If there has ever been a time in the L4D/L4D2 community to have a chance to help Valve confirm and fix this problem, now is the time. It takes us all or (as mnay willing) to come together and work this problem out with Valve. We know it is a big problem so please list the information ChetF is rerquiring. Thanks
Old 03-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #7
Louish :3

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlblue View Post

I have told you many times on steam chat, microsoft charge so much per xbox update.

Last edited by Louish :3: 03-20-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Louish :3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #8
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louish :3 View Post
I have told you many times on steam chat, microsoft charge so much per xbox update.
While true, I don't think Valve will mind paying for it if they manage to isolate the problems. Yes, they have their faults, true, their communication skills are incredibly lacking but they will step up to the plate regarding paying for a update like this.
Stagger Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #9
jasminethecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
While true, I don't think Valve will mind paying for it if they manage to isolate the problems. Yes, they have their faults, true, their communication skills are incredibly lacking but they will step up to the plate regarding paying for a update like this.
Also, this is likely not even a client update...the issue only happens when you play on a dedicated server. There may or may not be charges for this, but until the isolate the issue on pc servers there is no reason to go blindly looking at xbox server code.
jasminethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
sg6970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louish :3 View Post
And we have heard from you many times on that thought.. Now can we please move forward and start listing your server IP's as ChetF has outlined for us Please! This is not another drama thread.

Last edited by sg6970: 03-20-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
ProdigySim

Is it worth using the ingame bug-reporter at all? I've used it a few times but I'm not sure if it's helpful anymore.
ProdigySim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
JayceM

They tweeted this yesterday: https://twitter.com/l4ddev/status/314535426553692162

Dunno if it's the same topic, but it seems likely.
JayceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
Warboss Choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg6970 View Post
Post in your forums at the bottom of the main forum page.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
sg6970

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceM View Post
They tweeted this yesterday: https://twitter.com/l4ddev/status/314535426553692162

Dunno if it's the same topic, but it seems likely.
Finally ! Yes !! that seems to be what we are all looking for.. At least an acknowledgement and a plan to repair... Thats what we have been looking for... Thank you very much Valve.

Last edited by sg6970: 03-21-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
Edtheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss Choppa View Post
Post in your forums at the bottom of the main forum page.
Chet and others from Valve have stated multiple times that xbox users are more than welcome to post in the "pc" boards if they have technical issues or questions.
Edtheman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2