Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 03-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
Menphues

Steam slow lately?

Hello,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue...

Is your steam going slow lately or stopping pretty much?

Example I have..

I get a comment on my discussion I started, a green 1 lights up in comments right.. I press it to show and then the loading begins... The loading cog thing goes around for ages then stops sometimes without going anywhere.

I am not sure if it is Stewm server side or my isp but this has been a few days now and it's annoying.
Everything seems slow.

It fails every time aswell when trying to submit a game recommend thing.

Anyone else?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
MADDOGGE

Been with Steam since 2004 and yes the client itself has become slow as molasses in the wintertime anymore compared to the old days. Too much bloat with all the feature creep.

I got no issue with the download speeds though they are fine.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
Menphues

Ah.

Maybe they should take the time to update it all then.. Everyone else has instead of staying in the stone age of coding and make it better and smoother to cope with all the new stuff they have added.

Yes I know what works does not need fixing, but it does need updating.

Also download speeds I have a problem with about... 80% of the time it is slow and erratic.

I've contacted support about it, they gave me what to do and it made no difference, I know the problem is Steam because I have no problems at all with anyone else... Origin, iTunes, Grabit etc everything works with great download speed on my 120Mbps download speed... Steam is the only problem.

Community is terrible loading lately. My client and even browser just stops when trying to access it.
Menphues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
TeKraken

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
Menphues

I remember seeing this but I do not know. Phoned my ISP and they checked everything and said it is not them, which I know just wanted to clear it up and check.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
TeKraken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menphues View Post
I remember seeing this but I do not know. Phoned my ISP and they checked everything and said it is not them, which I know just wanted to clear it up and check.
I dont know either just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 3.1416 maybe

Also, your ISP would say that

Our internet broke the other week and we phoned the ISP to check the line they said ah yes there is a lot of noise on the line we'll sort it for you. Then we got a message saying they'd fixed the problem without entering our property. Nice we thought.

It wasn't fixed. A new router fixed it.
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
xX_Renegade_Xx

Download speeds are fine but the community section is so slow it's unbelievable, log in and check my profile page, spends time loading or displays any comments on my profile as little question marks, click my friends list to see who's online and it does the same, each picture is a question mark so I have to refresh a few times to see who's who.

It's been getting progressively worse over the last few weeks.
xX_Renegade_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
eram

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_Renegade_Xx View Post
Download speeds are fine but the community section is so slow it's unbelievable, log in and check my profile page, spends time loading or displays any comments on my profile as little question marks, click my friends list to see who's online and it does the same, each picture is a question mark so I have to refresh a few times to see who's who.

It's been getting progressively worse over the last few weeks.
It's been like this for a few days now yeah. 1 thing i have noticed it's mainly users from the UK that use Virginmedia or BT that are reporting this issue. Seems odd that we are the ones getting more issues than others at the moment.
eram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
Abaris365

Quote:
Originally Posted by eram View Post
It's been like this for a few days now yeah. 1 thing i have noticed it's mainly users from the UK that use Virginmedia or BT that are reporting this issue. Seems odd that we are the ones getting more issues than others at the moment.
Having the same problem with community features whereas Store features and DL speeds are fine. Community takes forever to load or doesn't load at all. Been like that for a few days as far as I can tell. I also use Virgin Media.
Abaris365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
Menphues

Ah okay thank you for the heads up.

Just hoping it all gets fixed!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
TheInsaneDump

Lately? Been like this for a long time. I don't even bother using the client for store browsing.
TheInsaneDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
xX_Renegade_Xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by eram View Post
1 thing i have noticed it's mainly users from the UK that use Virginmedia or BT that are reporting this issue. Seems odd that we are the ones getting more issues than others at the moment.
I've recently changed to BT too, it's fiber optic so I presume it would be quick and it is at times but the community page just seems to take forever to load.
xX_Renegade_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
Silkie

I'm on Virgin Media and I'm getting this problem. I thought it was the client update but maybe not.
Silkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
AgentSmith2k

Had this problem for about 3 days now and its getting frustrating.
AgentSmith2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #15
gringopig

I thought it was just me.

I'm with Virgin Media too. Steam client content is sloooooow. Sometimes fails to load. It's also slow through a browser too.
gringopig is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips