Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series > Fallout 3

Old 04-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
dorour1

Fallout 3 goty will not load windows 8 laptop

Hello,
I have the fallout 3 GOTY for windows live disc version that I cannot get to play on my brand new MSI gt70 laptop, with a NVidia GeForce 675MX graphics card. This is supposedly because the NVidia graphics card is the discreet card of a switchable graphics I don't really understand it all. But I have set my computer to use the NVidia card as default turned on all the 3d etc. and run the game with the card from the right click menu still won't load the game starts gives me the play option menu I hear music but when I click play the same menu reappears game does not load.
ok you say but this is a steam forum so my question is if I buy a steam version will it play or will it be the same thing.
btw Skyrim plays beautifully on ultra settings on steam so that's why I'm thinking maybe a steam version would play. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
Radical_Danny

Why do people always wanna play the bigger games on a damn laptop! :\

Its not where laptops were made for, even the special gaming laptops aren't that much better for games... :\
Radical_Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
dorour1

Question

Probably true but not the question. I just find it odd that ALL my other games play fine including Bethesda games Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind and I even tried a couple of older games like Myst and Penumbra, they too will play so what is different about this game Fallout 3 goty that makes it unable to play on my computer, I think some brilliant person out there can help me eventually.....maybe.
Also, so I guess a steam version would also be a crapshoot? That was actually my question, whether a steam version would be able to run.
dorour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
xybolt

i have FO3 on my win8 laptop. Was just replaying old games.

It's best to download a mod, windows live disabler because if you don't disable GFWL, fallout 3 just don't launch. ( it's preinstalled with win8 )
xybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
sly114

cant use that mod cause it wont launch and it says i need to launch it at least one time..... ok so i got xlive.dll into system32 and now it launches and runs fine but i hjave this damn window border around my screen when i am in the game?

Last edited by sly114: 06-23-2013 at 10:37 AM.
sly114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #6
xybolt

that window thing is a win8 feature. i have it too. there is a workaround for it, not tested it myself, maybe you can do this. play full screen at win8

i didn't have looked into it because i have a high res window, and that border doesn't impact my gameplay that much.
xybolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series > Fallout 3