Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
cslayer211

Steam Support Response Time

How long does it usually take for Steam Support to respond? It's been 10 days and I still haven't received any responses.

I can understand it taking about a week at busy times of the year like Christmas, but 10 days in March? That seems like a really long time for a company such as Valve.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Lukeme99

Well I have been waiting a couple of days for a hijack ticket, what exactly is it you contacted them for?

(And in case anyone wants to attack me on this hijack : I didn't give out any information, someone hacked me through my email, and got chrome to log-in to steam... bloody chrome password sync...)
Lukeme99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Caveat Emptor

Never have I had any problems with their support. My problems are usually solved within 12 hours.
Caveat Emptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Fish-E

Volunteer Moderator
Typically 48-72 hours. However I'm fairly certain most of the Valve employees are currently on their annual trip to Hawaii, so it might take longer to get a response.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
cslayer211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeme99 View Post
Well I have been waiting a couple of days for a hijack ticket, what exactly is it you contacted them for?

(And in case anyone wants to attack me on this hijack : I didn't give out any information, someone hacked me through my email, and got chrome to log-in to steam... bloody chrome password sync...)
My question is regarding a payment issue. It's not as serious or high-priority as an account hijacking, but taking this long for something as simple is that is kind of stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emptor View Post
Never have I had any problems with their support. My problems are usually solved within 12 hours.
Usually it's not nearly as fast for me. I've only submitted one other tick, and it was during the 2011 Christmas sale, which I received a response sooner than with my current ticket (9 days, compared to 10 days so far on this one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-E View Post
Typically 48-72 hours. However I'm fairly certain most of the Valve employees are currently on their annual trip to Hawaii, so it might take longer to get a response.
Oh, I guess that might explain why it's taking so long this time. Hawaii is more import than support I guess

Last edited by cslayer211: 04-09-2013 at 10:16 AM.
cslayer211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
bluz74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-E View Post
Annual? Valve? I thought it was impossible for Valve to do anything annually.

Anyway, 2-4 days is the usual response time. Not sure why the delay.
bluz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
amckern

i am in the same boat
amckern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Sepioth

Maybe while you wait for Steam to respond you can use that nifty search feature they created here on the forums to read one of the other may topics on this exact same subject.

Sepioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
amckern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Maybe while you wait for Steam to respond you can use that nifty search feature they created here on the forums to read one of the other may topics on this exact same subject.

I used Google, never knew that forums had search - thanks for the heads up.
amckern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
SpankySpank

Banned
1.5 weeks and counting since Steam scammed me out of money on a 4-pack of gifts I never received. Support doesn't give a crap. I'm not even sure there's anyone even working there anymore.
SpankySpank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #11
jestersdance

I've been waiting for a week too. 3 days response time was bad but acceptable, but it's apparent Steam Support is worse than ever before. Take some clues from Origin, they can fix your problem in a matter of minutes... Hopefully I don't get a copy/paste answer after that long.
jestersdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 AM   #12
vikeyev69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankySpank View Post
1.5 weeks and counting since Steam scammed me out of money on a 4-pack of gifts I never received. Support doesn't give a crap. I'm not even sure there's anyone even working there anymore.
You remind me of my friend lol "Steam is wonderful, I love steam" has problem with a game he payed for "Damn scamming thieves, valve sucks, they only care about money".

I can understand your frustration, when you spend your hard earned cash on something you don't receive or something that was definitely not what it was advertised to be *COUGH* The War Z *COUGH* it does get extremely frustrating.

But generally, they will try to help you as quickly as possible. You have to remember that their are literally millions of steam users and potentially thousands of tickets and on top of everything else the Valve employees who deal with this sort of thing have to do, they spend time trying to help out the steam users, it does take them some time.

Try to be patient (unbelievably hard, I know personally, when my account was hacked I was abusing the out of them for taking a week to answer) and cross your fingers and hope they get to yours quickly, in the mean time you can always ask for assistance on these forums.
vikeyev69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #13
tacc

Never go to Beamdog then. I opened a ticket there over 2 months ago. Didn't receive any other reply than "I'll investigate which version of the game we published on steam". They also completely ignore their own "support" forums.
tacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #14
treboruk

They are super sloooooooow it seems
treboruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #15
SpankySpank

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikeyev69 View Post
You remind me of my friend lol "Steam is wonderful, I love steam" has problem with a game he payed for "Damn scamming thieves, valve sucks, they only care about money".

I can understand your frustration, when you spend your hard earned cash on something you don't receive or something that was definitely not what it was advertised to be *COUGH* The War Z *COUGH* it does get extremely frustrating.

But generally, they will try to help you as quickly as possible. You have to remember that their are literally millions of steam users and potentially thousands of tickets and on top of everything else the Valve employees who deal with this sort of thing have to do, they spend time trying to help out the steam users, it does take them some time.

Try to be patient (unbelievably hard, I know personally, when my account was hacked I was abusing the out of them for taking a week to answer) and cross your fingers and hope they get to yours quickly, in the mean time you can always ask for assistance on these forums.
Excuse me, but 2 weeks is way too long to resolve or even acknowledge a billing issue. If a business takes your money and doesn't give you what you paid for nor refunds you then it constitutes fraud. It's not a mistake, not a misunderstanding, not a matter of waiting patiently. It's a crime.

I'm jarateed off, at the end of my rope, and drafting reports to every government agency I can think of that has jurisdiction over Valve. You can't just steal money from customers and chalk it up to a Hawaii vacation.
SpankySpank is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips