Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Old 04-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
nobody_pl

Smile Mortal Kombat finally coming to PC ?

following PCGAmer, PixelEnemy,GameReviews and many more:

"Mortal Kombat 9, the best-selling fighter and the game which brought bloody fatalities back to the masses, may well be seeing release on PC. Although two years late to the party, Mortal Kombat Game of the Year Edition is currently available to pre-order at Amazon – they’ve even put in a price. It has a PEGI rating, it’s playable on Windows 7/XP, it’s coming out in June; the only thing that seems to be missing is an official confirmation.

It’s difficult to know exactly what’s going to be in this game, or even if it was put into the system when there were plans for a port and that it’s come up now regardless of whether that port is still being worked on. The state of the Amazon page – no description nor a picture – suggests that this is something that’s been forgotten about and accidentally put up. That doesn’t mean the facts on the page aren’t true. This is definitely a case of watch this space and hope for the best.
Update

Although the Amazon page was taken down, there’s still lots of evidence of Mortal Kombat coming to PC. This includes steamDB references, and evidence of the developers testing the game. You can see how many people have accessed an app via OpenSteamWorks"

http://i1.wp.com/pixelenemy.com/wp-c...size=620%2C241

PCGamer says:

"ValveTestApp230800, aka Mortal Kombat, saw a spike in active players today after an update, which we have to assume means ValveTestApp230800 is now being tested by ValveTestApp230800 testers. Warner Bros. hasn’t officially confirmed a PC version of Mortal Kombat, so until then, we look forward to the release of ValveTestApp230800.

There is the off chance this Steam data was fabricated to divert our attention from some great and mysterious plot taking place within the highest ranks of the PC gaming elite, but devious machinations seem a smidgen less likely than seeing Mortal Kombat on Steam. Occam’s razor—the principle that the hypothesis which makes the least assumptions should be tested first—applies here. If not, we’ll likely be silenced by Occam’s razor wire, the favorite brand of the world’s leading hypothetical assassin squads."

have a look at Steam Database:
http://steamdb.info/app/230800/

and this graph:
http://games.opensteamworks.org/Chart/View/230800

Last edited by nobody_pl: 04-19-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
nobody_pl

sorry just to add my opinion....
some people are saying that fighting game are no good to PC but if You look at few titles like latest Street Fighter games they went quite popular even with few concerns and they look pretty good on PC..i say few millions were sold so WAY not bringing back the franchise that was so popular on PC even if MK9 would be the simple port from console with few graphics option added and updated...it can't be that hard no ?
and i'm almost sure that it would sold pretty well with around 2 million copies if not more with less effort to make it than if starting from the scratch...money wise NetherRealm Studios / Warner Brothers could get some profit as that what matters, right ?
so we have to wait just for boss signature and hope for the best for the community !
nobody_pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
x6Snake6x

I'm also optimistic about how this release would sell. There's no question about it because the PC market is pretty much starved for such games. This and Injustice. I have my controller ready
x6Snake6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
golfisfun

I was just going to post about this. I sold my copy on 360 and I wanted to play this again! Come on Steam!!!!!!!!!!
golfisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #5
wishmaster94

God, all the mods...all the fun....release it on PC for Pete's sake!
wishmaster94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Epic Voice Guy

I'd buy it. Maybe not right away as I'm broke as , but I would eventually buy it. As an MK fan since MK2 on the SNES I'd be glad to have it in my steam library.
Epic Voice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #7
hideinlight

MK 9 for PC -> It's now official !!!

Code:
WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES MORTAL KOMBAT KOMPLETE EDITION FOR PC!!!
https://twitter.com/WB_Games_UK/stat...01509982949376

The PC titles contains all of the downloadable content made available through the console version, including Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, and Freddy Krueger. Additionally, the game offers 15 Klassic Mortal Kombat Skins and three Klassic Fatalities: Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile.

The game contains Tag Team, Challenge Tower and a full feature length story mode, traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, and the online King of the Hill mode.

It also supports the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fight Stick and full controller capability.

The PC version, adapted by High Voltage Software, will be made available through digital distribution July 3.

A physical edition will release on August 2.

hideinlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
majebudsmog

hopefully that means steamworks!
majebudsmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
golfisfun

This can't come out fast enough.

Same for the Web Series
golfisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
Malter

preorder?

I want a preorder on steam now! It's funny that such games as call of duty always have a preorder way before it's release but not for mk...
Malter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 AM   #11
Fick

Yeah less than a month for the release and we dont know almost nothing about the game: online system, price, system requeriments, no preorder page, no videos...
Fick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #12
Dizzie_x

gamestop has it listed for 30 $
bol.com has it listed for 35 Eur (boxed version)

So I think steam version will be 30 euro/dollar

Last edited by Dizzie_x: 06-12-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Dizzie_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
Malter

We have waited 2 years for this game already. I sincerely hope they won't delay it any further...
Malter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #14
alexkbgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzie_x View Post
gamestop has it listed for 30 $
bol.com has it listed for 35 Eur (boxed version)

So I think steam version will be 30 euro/dollar
you can pick for 22.50 in GMG
with this code until july 1st
GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG
alexkbgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #15
Decarisimo

I bought it last Friday, can´t wait for the release!
Decarisimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection