Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
nemesis5858

VAC Banned on CS:Go

Hi,

Today I got VAC banned from CS:Go for a reason that I still don't know (waiting on Steam Support as of right now).

My question is, can you get banned because of using Sandboxie or Autohotkey?

Also another question is: I was playing a flash game (downloaded on my computer, has nothing to do with Steam.) and I used Tsearch to modify a few values on the game. But no Steam game was opened at that time. Would that give me a VAC ban too?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Ääni

Modify .dll or .exe files and you will get VAC banned and they will only tell you that you hacked. They won't tell you if it was speed hack or aimbot.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Karr-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis5858 View Post
Hi,

Today I got VAC banned from CS:Go for a reason that I still don't know (waiting on Steam Support as of right now).

My question is, can you get banned because of using Sandboxie or Autohotkey?

Also another question is: I was playing a flash game (downloaded on my computer, has nothing to do with Steam.) and I used Tsearch to modify a few values on the game. But no Steam game was opened at that time. Would that give me a VAC ban too?
Did a quick google of tsearch and the 1st result describes it as a cheat engine, so im guessing that yes it may well get you banned, it would need to be running while you were connected to a VAC server tho.

Also support will not tell you what you were banned for, they will just confirm that your ban is justified.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Pheace

As far as I'm aware you'll only get banned if you have something running while connected to a VAC enabled server (doesn't matter single with bots or multiplayer)

Given your long history of using cheats according to google including being signed up for several hacking sites focused on multiplayer games and one specifically for Steam hacks, I imagine there's probably more than just one possible mishap moment that might have happened, if you didn't outright cheat to begin with.

Also, I can't speak for Autohotkey, but I'm pretty sure Sandboxie doesn't get you banned.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Nekomancer

Autohotkey won't get you banned either, used it for months with my Logitech MX510, until it died. Don't have a VAC ban on my account.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
nemesis5858

Guys I'm seriously so lost. Nearly 2,200 games and I'm getting a CS:Go VAC ban without cheating. I know that everyone claims they are innocent but come on, I would have to be the stupidest person alive to cheat on an account where I spent thousands of dollars.

I didn't use TSearch when I was in any game on Steam. It was being used on the Flash player that Adobe has. No clue what's going on. I hope support replies soon.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
Pheace

I imagine you've been around long enough to know that Vac Bans don't get reversed. Since your post this afternoon which I presume you deleted you already seem to have stumbled on a few occasions that might have gotten you banned, and already one of them is a cheat that changes memory parameters.

Even if you didn't consciously cheat on a VAC game, all it takes is one mistake of having something like that running when you connect.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
Karr-Man

Quote:
Guys I'm seriously so lost. Nearly 2,200 games and I'm getting a CS:Go VAC ban without cheating. I know that everyone claims they are innocent but come on, I would have to be the stupidest person alive to cheat on an account where I spent thousands of dollars.
The arguement that you didnt do it because you have too much to lose is a fallacy. People do things wrong, even though they have a lot to lose, for the simple reason that they believe they wont be caught.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
nemesis5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheace View Post
I imagine you've been around long enough to know that Vac Bans don't get reversed. Since your post this afternoon which I presume you deleted you already seem to have stumbled on a few occasions that might have gotten you banned, and already one of them is a cheat that changes memory parameters.

Even if you didn't consciously cheat on a VAC game, all it takes is one mistake of having something like that running when you connect.
I had to delete my first post because instead of getting some decent answers I was getting some weird answers and private messages. One of the PM's that I got was "You are rich, I'm sure you can get all those games again "

Actually I did see a lot of VAC bans get reserved. Happened to my brother because of TeamSpeak a few years ago.

I just logged into my 2nd account which I use for TF2 idling. That one got VAC banned too. 2 VAC bans in one day with 2 seperate games. I'm really confused. And I was not running TSearch during any of this.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
nemesis5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karr-Man View Post
The arguement that you didnt do it because you have too much to lose is a fallacy. People do things wrong even though they have a lot to use for the simple reason that they believe they wont be caught.
You are right with that can't really say it's a good argument. But in my case it's the truth. That's why I am in such a shock and a little bit sensitive too because people are expecting the worst when they are replying or reading my issue.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
Karr-Man

Quote:
I just logged into my 2nd account which I use for TF2 idling. That one got VAC banned too. 2 VAC bans in one day with 2 seperate games. I'm really confused. And I was not running TSearch during any of this.
There has clearly been something running on your computer that VAC does not like, remember that the bans may have been flagged any time in the last month or two. Are you sure that tsearch has always been properly terminated b4 entering any VAC servers?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
nemesis5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karr-Man View Post
There has clearly been something running on your computer that VAC does not like, remember that the bans may have been flagged any time in the last month or two. Are you sure that tsearch has always been properly terminated b4 entering any VAC servers?
As far as I know I clicked the exit button before I ran something else. But the thing is I downloaded Tsearch like 4 days ago...

Sandboxie and autohotkey I had for like a month now.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
Karr-Man

Quote:
As far as I know I clicked the exit button before I ran something else. But the thing is I downloaded Tsearch like 4 days ago...

Sandboxie and autohotkey I had for like a month now.
Well if you really didnt cheat then you might want to start thinking about who else may have had access to your account.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
NitrousX

You can say all you want but at the end of the day your account will not be unbanned. Your account was banned for cheating, so at some point either you or someone else who had access to your account cheated. Steam support will pretty much tell you the same thing. All VAC bans are permanent so unfortunately you'll have to repurchase CS GO (if that is indeed the game you are banned from) on a new Steam account if you want to play on VAC secured servers.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
nemesis5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheace View Post
As far as I'm aware you'll only get banned if you have something running while connected to a VAC enabled server (doesn't matter single with bots or multiplayer)

Given your long history of using cheats according to google including being signed up for several hacking sites focused on multiplayer games and one specifically for Steam hacks, I imagine there's probably more than just one possible mishap moment that might have happened, if you didn't outright cheat to begin with.

Also, I can't speak for Autohotkey, but I'm pretty sure Sandboxie doesn't get you banned.
"Given your long history of using cheats according to google"

Just because I am registered to a few sites doesn't mean I am using hacks. Also just a quick note on that part, there is another "nemesis5858" who has accounts on lots of gaming websites. I don't know which ones you seen but not all of them are me.

"and one specifically for Steam hacks"

The website you are talking about also has lots of different information about Steam. Not just "hacks". I like to learn about new things and not be a sheep but this doesn't mean that I cheated.

"if you didn't outright cheat to begin with."

If I wanted to do that creating a new account with the game I wanted to cheat is quite easy and cheap. Don't have to go through all this trouble.

Anyone that's going to respond, please save your "VAC is God, if you got VAC banned you probably must have cheated" replies to yourself. Just know that VAC is not always %100 right.

In my case I got banned from 2 different games on 2 different accounts with 2 different VAC types:

1- Main account: VAC banned from CS:Go
2- TF2 account: VAC banned from TF2

Happened the same day. So please also save your "you shouldn't have wallhacked in CS and you are probably rich pm's. Just because I have 2,100 games doesn't mean I'm your enemy. I really don't get the hate.

I just want to learn and share this experience with other people and also learn from other people that went something similar.

Last edited by nemesis5858: 04-20-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion