Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #196
SilverAlen
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 1813
Posts: 10,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshadow741 View Post
I love the hate this update is getting

yet a month ago, we were thrilled at the idea of robot hats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragaror View Post
Yeah. I mean, even for SPUF, this is a bit harsh. The community gets to make their own update, and a lot of the hats are really cool.
First off, yea a month ago people were hyped up. After two weeks, that had already turned into "ok what is taking so long?" Add in that it was the bare minimum of what we hoping for, possibly even less since people probably expected to at least be able to get the hats without buying keys eventually.

Plus, the fact our "community" update was made by the same group of people Valve always favors and was entirely made of hats is annoying.That isn't TF2's community at all, and calling it that is kinda insulting. The community doesn't want moar hats and the community isn't the same damn people Valve always goes to.

So there you go, it was an update that failed to meet even the lowest expectations people had, took 2 weeks to long, and had the gall to be labeled a "community" update. Call it the facepunch update, then it can be clear who it was made by and for.
SilverAlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #197
NebulonBFrigate
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 58
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAlen View Post
First off, yea a month ago people were hyped up. After two weeks, that had already turned into "ok what is taking so long?" Add in that it was the bare minimum of what we hoping for, possibly even less since people probably expected to at least be able to get the hats without buying keys eventually.

Plus, the fact our "community" update was made by the same group of people Valve always favors and was entirely made of hats is annoying.That isn't TF2's community at all, and calling it that is kinda insulting. The community doesn't want moar hats and the community isn't the same damn people Valve always goes to.

So there you go, it was an update that failed to meet even the lowest expectations people had, took 2 weeks to long, and had the gall to be labeled a "community" update. Call it the facepunch update, then it can be clear who it was made by and for.
Facepunch update? More like the facestab update.
This update would've been great if it came out of nowhere with the crates just suddenly dropping along with the keys being available. It would not have all this extra hype and the sudden content rush would be well-received. Instead, we got this mysterious crate that kept making us beg to find out what's inside, then, as we edged closer expecting something new and very interesting from our good friend the robocrate, it undisguised into a normal temp crate and facestabbed us with mildly interesting new hats that we need keys to get.
Making it worse, the long time spent waiting on an update made it seem like we might get some long-awaited balancing or bugfixes...but there's not even any weapon changes in the beta.
The only redeeming bits? The hats look cool, the bp expander is finally reasonably priced, and they just recently fixed reflected Cow Mangler shots...which was the least broken part of the Cow Mangler.
NebulonBFrigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #198
l4d2hunter
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 420
Posts: 3,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by NebulonBFrigate View Post
Facepunch update? More like the facestab update.
This update would've been great if it came out of nowhere with the crates just suddenly dropping along with the keys being available. It would not have all this extra hype and the sudden content rush would be well-received. Instead, we got this mysterious crate that kept making us beg to find out what's inside, then, as we edged closer expecting something new and very interesting from our good friend the robocrate, it undisguised into a normal temp crate and facestabbed us with mildly interesting new hats that we need keys to get.
Making it worse, the long time spent waiting on an update made it seem like we might get some long-awaited balancing or bugfixes...but there's not even any weapon changes in the beta.
The only redeeming bits? The hats look cool, the bp expander is finally reasonably priced, and they just recently fixed reflected Cow Mangler shots...which was the least broken part of the Cow Mangler.
Enter key.
l4d2hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #199
ProXymoron
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 397
Posts: 3,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Shivan View Post
57 new items.... Dear lord on a pogo stick.
There go the hopes of anyone hoping to ever achieve a full item collection, they just received a slap to the face...
Those hopes were probably dashed a long time ago. Like when the Golden Wrench came out.
ProXymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #200
ned_ballad
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 3102
Posts: 11,732
hey, the fall crate items now randomly drop

that's kind of neat
ned_ballad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #201
SilverAlen
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 1813
Posts: 10,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
hey, the fall crate items now randomly drop

that's kind of neat
......

I guess?
SilverAlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #202
ProXymoron
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 397
Posts: 3,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragaror View Post
They honestly expected stuff like Dispenser Costumes?

That's definitely the fault of the people who expected that.
Evidence of the Griefblower pyro set was tossed around on Facepunch only a month ago.

I don't have links, sorry. Some diligent Googling should certainly get you there.

I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly thought this update would've added that. Apparently not.
ProXymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #203
Marccost3
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Reputation: 32
Posts: 255
I think the update is fine. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that there's no new Man vs. Machine content. Otherwise, the re-skins look very nice, and I'm satisfied with the amount of new stuff added, even If It is just hats.
Marccost3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #204
Genma Saotome
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 196
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAlen View Post
It got pushed back 3 weeks when it is literally just a bunch of hats?

How? How the hell is that even possible?
I guess the same way that an update consisting of nothing but hats (made by the same people who always make them so they might as well just be de facto Valve employees at this point, but that's another issue entirely...) needed 4 separate updates today to fix what they ****ed up AND causing servers to need updating 4 times in one day.

Don't think that's a pain in the ***? Try doing it with 20 of them.
Genma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #205
nobody_really
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 73
Posts: 300
Are there any pic of the new unusual?
nobody_really is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #206
Genma Saotome
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 196
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody_really View Post
Are there any pic of the new unusual?
I have a pic of the phosphorus effect in my screen shots. I unboxed it earlier today.
Genma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #207
Rcforme
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Reputation: 89
Posts: 1,002
There are 2 things that make me sad:

There's no robo batter's helmet.

It cannot be uncrated with the special effects either, because it's retired.
Rcforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #208
Dr.FrankenStein
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 549
Posts: 2,207
This update helped me make a decision. I've sold off just about all my stuff for keys, and sold the keys off for cash. Now I'm down to the bare essentials, one account and won't be spending any more money on TF2. The never ending stream of "stuff" just doesn't interest me anymore. I never used most of it, and I don't trade anymore.


I'm free!
Dr.FrankenStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #209
ICantShoot
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Reputation: 410
Posts: 5,886
People aren't mad about getting robotic hats. They are mad due to getting nothing else besides that in a long hyped update.
ICantShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #210
Gigaspine7
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 331
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantShoot View Post
People aren't mad about getting robotic hats. They are mad due to getting nothing else besides that in a long hyped update.
"long hyped update" meaning "adding a new kind of crate and doing literally nothing else until the actual update"
Gigaspine7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.