Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 06-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Bakgrund

Someone got a foil-card badge yet?

Yeah, has someone even crafted a foilcard badge? They seem almost impossible to get and i doubt someone spends over 100 dollars on a steam-badge.

So yeah, do you know anyone that has a foil-badge?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Rebo

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_bonk/badges/
Five Level 1 foil badges. Don't even know the guy.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
masni

Yes some people have them you can see how they look here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=145997931
masni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
GirlPower23

Yes I've seen someone have Foil Badges. If you are willing to spend a lot of money on them then they aren't hard to get.
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
yentass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakgrund View Post
Yeah, has someone even crafted a foilcard badge? They seem almost impossible to get and i doubt someone spends over 100 dollars on a steam-badge.

So yeah, do you know anyone that has a foil-badge?
You need to reach level 10 before the foil card drops unlock.
yentass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Gogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_bonk/badges/
Wow he only has like 2 hours in halflife2, dota2, borderlands, and portal2. Just enough to get card drops. Whats the point of collecting cards for games you don't even play?

edit: oh 4,148 games owned (about 90% have zero hours played)

Last edited by Gogan: 06-02-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Gogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
Darkslayer16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
Wow he only has like 2 hours in halflife2, dota2, borderlands, and portal2. Just enough to get card drops. Whats the point of collecting cards for games you don't even play?
If you own enough games it's impossible to play them all.
Darkslayer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
ksn0va

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkslayer16 View Post
If you own enough games it's impossible to play them all.
I think he meant just the games that have card drops. I kinda agree. It would have been fun to be at least tied to some kind of achievement or challenge. I mean, I've always wanted to replay HL2 for example, and it was a bit disappointing that barely into the game, my drops expired already.
ksn0va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
Apples2Apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksn0va View Post
I think he meant just the games that have card drops. I kinda agree. It would have been fun to be at least tied to some kind of achievement or challenge. I mean, I've always wanted to replay HL2 for example, and it was a bit disappointing that barely into the game, my drops expired already.
I agree. I would like achievements to link to a score like Steam Score or some type of drop like coal. Cards seem to be a type of compromise, but idling for anything I'm much more annoyed by than achievement unlockers.

Is it so hard to block the achievement manager program? Also, if you can just idle what's the difference anyway?

TL;DR

Coal was the coolest steam event ever. Hope it makes a return at some point.
Apples2Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
devilishwonder6

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that coal event will never ever return. it wasn't coolk at all, it was a freaking disaster. the exploitation of it was way over the top. too many greedy cheating scam bags for anything like that to happen again.
devilishwonder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #11
masni

Yeah coal fiasco ruined everything after that there was no good events like treasure hunt or summer camp
Old 06-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #12
B33 ENN

Quote:
He's an ideal candidate to be the poster boy for this new system!

Quote:
...It would have been fun to be at least tied to some kind of achievement or challenge...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples2Apples View Post
...I would like achievements to link to a score like Steam Score or some type of drop like coal...
After learning more about this Trading Card system and what it actually represents (or doesn't), I've found I'm not really interested in the game cards themselves, or their respective badges, at all.

It would be different if the badges related to actual gameplay in some significant way, but in the absence of that, all I actually want is the extra display options for my profile. If there was a way to buy them directly from the Store, I would probably rather just do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples2Apples View Post
...Coal was the coolest steam event ever. Hope it makes a return at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishwonder6 View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ...it wasn't cool at all, it was a freaking disaster. the exploitation of it was way over the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masni View Post
Yeah coal fiasco ruined everything after that there was no good events like treasure hunt or summer camp
It wasn't so much the coal itself or the event theme that was the problem; in fact, it was an unusually generous promotion with some clever and entertaining features. The problem was the people behind it didn't properly test the mechanics of the idea for exploitation before going live with it. Harsh lesson for everyone involved, but they did learn from it as now there are much stricter conditions on which accounts can trade, when, what and how much etc.
B33 ENN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #13
Fatbubba

Quote:
Still, it got me to play HL2 again and get that last missing achievement to complete it, just by having it installed again.
Fatbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #14
masni

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33 ENN View Post
It wasn't so much the coal itself or the event theme that was the problem; in fact, it was an unusually generous promotion with some clever and entertaining features. The problem was the people behind it didn't properly test the mechanics of the idea for exploitation before going live with it. Harsh lesson for everyone involved, but they did learn from it as now there are much stricter conditions on which accounts can trade, when, what and how much etc.
Problem was that in the same time when coal event was active humble bundle was live and people create new accounts and activate games from humble bundle and farm coal

Last edited by masni: 06-03-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #15
*VeLeRoN*

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
11 in the inventory.
*VeLeRoN* is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion