Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Jontius

Contacting the Moderators

Hi Guys,

Thinking principally along the lines of conduct, does anybody know the correct way I should forward any matters to the moderators for investigation?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
Old 07-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
Sceptr

Yes, Click Me
Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Wotawally

You can report a post by clicking on the red triangle in the left panel, and make a report in the box that opens.

Edit: beaten to it!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Jontius

Hi Guys.

Thanks Wally, Your suggestion was my preferred choice, but the OP deleted the entire thread, after I played fair and announced I was considering a complaint to the moderator. So I cannot click the red triangle pertinent to the thread in question.

Thanks Sceptr -
I often see your name but never knew you were a moderator. I "clicked you", but could not see how to send a message to the moderators. I found a list of various moderators, but could not see a link to you. Are you a secretive, covert or masonic moderator?

Jon!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
Wotawally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontius View Post
Hi Guys.

Thanks Sceptr -
I often see your name but never knew you were a moderator. I "clicked you", but could not see how to send a message to the moderators. I found a list of various moderators, but could not see a link to you. Are you a secretive, covert or masonic moderator?

Jon!
No - click on the "Click me" in Sceptr's post to find full details
Old 07-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
Peter749

Quote:
Hi Guys.

Thanks Wally, Your suggestion was my preferred choice, but the OP deleted the entire thread, after I played fair and announced I was considering a complaint to the moderator. So I cannot click the red triangle pertinent to the thread in question.

Thanks Sceptr -

Jon!
This is not the first time where the OP has decided He did not like some of the replies in the thread and just deleted it.

The last time it happened we lost some good info because of the OP not being happy that people were talking about something that He did not post.

Peter
Old 07-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Jontius

Hi again Wally,

I was being a bit obtuse when I said "click you", I did click on the "click me" link, and was presented with a lot of very useful information about the forum rules, but nothing about contacting the moderator, apart from reference to the red triangles.

The top left of the page had an icon to a volunteer moderator, "Matt", but the instructions were not clear as to whether he was the duty recipient of calls, so I did not want to bother him unnecessarily until I got my facts right on procedure.

Thanks again mate.

PETER - I will PM you.

J
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
arizonachris

If you are at the Railworks main menu page here, just scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a list of Moderators. Click on one to send a message.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #9
Jontius

Thumbs up

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for that. I now have all I need and it is much appreciated to you and all who took the trouble to reply.

Kind regards,

Jon
Old 07-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #10
stonez_uk

Oh let me guess who...?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
Jontius

Hi Stonez,

I guess you have the same view as someone who privately PM'd me. Out of fairness I cannot obviously name the object of my complaint here, as it would correctly be seen as maligning him.

Having said that, enough is enough. My rep's increased by over 100%(!) yesterday, so I think others support my view too.

All the best stonez,

Jon
Old 07-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Sceptr

Quote:
Thanks Sceptr -

Jon!
Lol, no i'm not a Moderator & to be honest i haven't got a clue who may have upset you & i seriously don't want to know, i was only providing a link for your OP question.

The only reason i've replied to this thread is because i don't want to be associated with any secretive PM's or +Reps against any other forum member.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #13
Jontius

Hi Sceptr,

Thanks for the reply and I respect your integrity.

I hope I have not given the impression I am conducting a clandestine vendetta, if so, I apologise to all readers of this thread.

I PM'd Peter because I know he knows the identity of the person concerned and I did not want to mention any names publically, as that would not be fair or proper.

Take care,

Jon
Old 07-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #14
dingdynasty

Does anyone know if there's an archive or some kind of data base for forum posts? If an OP deletes a post and then someone wants to report it can a moderator still find the offending post?
Just curious?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #15
Jontius

Hello Ding,

Good question, and one that I raised in my letter to the moderater earlier this week.

Prudence would direct that all posts should be stored for a specified period, in order to assist with in any official or legal investigations.

Whether Steam do this I do not know and whether moderator's guidelines permit them to delve to this level I am not sure.

If and when I get a decision off the moderator, I doubt if I would be able to publish the details, but I am sure I would be able to address this portion of it for you if it is replied to.

By the way. are you any relation to Ming Dynasty?

Regards.

Jon
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks