Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
Death.Jester

2 Suggestions: Inventory and 'Detaching' Weapon Mods

Hi. This might not be the best place to submit a suggestion, especially as the game is close to release, but I feel like my suggestions would be easy to implement, as most if not all of the art assets already exist in the game.

Firstly, it would be nice if we could check an 'inventory' of weapon mods, masks/colours/patterns etc. we've unlocked via the cards at the end of a successful mission. There have been plenty of times I've forgotten what mods I have for weapons I don't own yet, and I feel that being able to access a list of available mods would greatly influence my purchasing decisions (eg. Going for the Crossfire over the Mac10 because I have more mods for the Crossfire already unlocked).

My second suggestion would be to 'keep' mods, once you've purchased them. At the very least, can you please tell people in the prompt that they are 'SELLING' the mod when they detach it, not just removing it. There are times when a scope or silencer would be good, and times when they aren't necessary. It would be nice to be able to remove these before a mission without having to buy the same gun twice just to have different 'loadouts' on it, or remove the mods then have to spend a fortune attaching them again.

Last edited by Death.Jester: 07-26-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
etienneb29

And it is not even selling, I just de-equipped a $12600 sight without knowing it would vanish in thin air. The game specifically said the mod would remain in inventory.

Now, I lost the money for the sight and the sight cannot be bought again. The only options remaining are Preview with the mod and Preview without.
etienneb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
Jwso

I have re-equipped the pre-order scope every time I've got a new gun. Just costs the equipping money again.

edit: But first I've taken the scope out from the old gun, of course.

http://gyazo.com/3351b3a88c860839da2c1fb0f30b8435.png

Last edited by Jwso: 07-26-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Jwso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
kamyl

Yes, this sucks big time. When I finally can purchase something and I did, I expect that I own it. Forever. If I want to take off my sights from a weapon, I want to keep it for later use on this gun or another (if the part fits).

It is weird that from cards we get ABILITY to buy (even overpriced) item. If we want to buy some short stock or silencer for doing stealth the best way possible, we can't. We have to be lucky to unlock that one stupid part we want for our gun we have. Then we have to spend so much time to get enough money for it. Then you better not remove it, as you lose it forever. Not fun.

It would be awesome, if we could have regular backpack like in Team Fortress 2, when we can see all items we have. Better example, there is a game Loudout. The idea in this game is that you build your own weapon from single parts you have. You can also rebuild completely weapons from used parts, which is great. The item never disappear from your inventory if you remove it from weapon. This would be great if it worked like this in Payday.

Another thing. We have limited number of slots for weapons, masks and such, which makes us to have only 9 weapons. 9 weapons (actually, 18) is fair enough. The problem however is that we need to vanish our previously weapons and waste like millions of dollars when we want to buy 10th weapon. Just because everything vanish to nowhere. Those 9 slots should be just our favourite combinations of guns to quick access.

I'm sorry if this looks like I complain at everything. The game itself is a perfect coop game, but whole inventory thing just doesn't work for me at all right now.

Last edited by kamyl: 07-26-2013 at 10:32 AM.
kamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
Captain Seasick

I agree. The weapon mod system is fockin' returded right now! Unequipping a mod, or equipping another mod in the same category, causes you to somehow DESTROY or LOSE the unequipped mod?! WHAT THE HELL, OVERKILL! Weapon mods are NOT supposed to be "use 'em and lose 'em"!
Captain Seasick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
Bobmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Seasick View Post
I agree. The weapon mod system is fockin' returded right now! Unequipping a mod, or equipping another mod in the same category, causes you to somehow DESTROY or LOSE the unequipped mod?! WHAT THE HELL, OVERKILL! Weapon mods are NOT supposed to be "use 'em and lose 'em"!
I dunno what you guys are doing wrong, I swapped my Professional's Choice from my UAR to my M308 and back several times during the beta.
Bobmuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
c4ndle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmuffins View Post
I dunno what you guys are doing wrong, I swapped my Professional's Choice from my UAR to my M308 and back several times during the beta.
He's not very intelligent and the other posts are outdated.
c4ndle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
lunamonkey

With the amount of grinding and hours people put into Payday 1, I really don't think that money is an issue. Yes, on day 1 after launch it might seem expensive, but after 300 hours or so, you won't have anything left to spend your money on if they don't add mechanics like this.
lunamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
thaismai

Personally I have a job and a life, so I'm not very interested to spend 300 hours in a system like that. Just face the fact that it's a totally silly system (that we never see in any games before by the way). If we buy an item it have to be stocked and available for free if we decide to configure our gun in a different way for a different mission. Anyway, most of players didn't understand yet this point, and it just a matter of time for most of the players to protest about this stupid thing.
thaismai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
Bobmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaismai View Post
Personally I have a job and a life,
hahahahaha this argument ahahahah

I'm level 23 and money already isn't an issue for me. I'm at 1.2M in spending cash. Money. Means. Nothing.
Bobmuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #11
thaismai

That the point boy, you are already level 23 and the game is released since only 24 hours. You got to understand that all players don't have the same free time for play. If Payday 2 is only for hardcore players no problem, but they should precise it on description cause casual players will waist the little money the get for nothing. I'm glad for you if you don't care of money/time spending in the game, but we are mostly not in this way of thinking.
thaismai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
Pfheonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmuffins View Post
hahahahaha this argument ahahahah

I'm level 23 and money already isn't an issue for me. I'm at 1.2M in spending cash. Money. Means. Nothing.
Another victory of the lifeless husks on the internet, huh?
Pfheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #13
MutantMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaismai View Post
That the point boy, you are already level 23 and the game is released since only 24 hours. You got to understand that all players don't have the same free time for play. If Payday 2 is only for hardcore players no problem, but they should precise it on description cause casual players will waist the little money the get for nothing. I'm glad for you if you don't care of money/time spending in the game, but we are mostly not in this way of thinking.
I think it is more about spending time on missions that payout. For example, the group I play with, we all played the beta and know what pays out well. We started doing Hard Rats and Watchdog runs at about level 10. Doing that will get you beyond level 20 in just a couple hours. To get to level 10 quickly, do Jewelry on Hard right off the bat and you can get to 10 in less than an hour.

It doesn't take an hour per level or anywhere near it so long as you know what you are doing, something that is not expected of new players right off the bat. However, that lack of knowledge does not indicate an issue with the game. It is simply a lack of experience.

I would add Firestarter to the list of easily farmable exp, but day 2 can be a bit of a pain.

In any case, insulting other players because you don't know what you are doing is all kinds of d-baggy.
MutantMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
Cutlery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfheonix View Post
Another victory of the lifeless husks on the internet, huh?
No, you're clueless.

I put 20-30 hours into the beta and was in the same position. The prices on items really look ridiculous when you first get into the game, but once you realize that some heists pay out hundreds of thousands or even millions of spending cash on Very Hard or Overkill, you realize that it's not a problem.

I've got 8 hours played in release and I'm at rank 21, and a lot of that was spent grinding cards (so sub optimal). At 21, you have absolutely no problem doing something as trivial as Hard Watchdogs which nets you almost half a million for about 15 minutes of work.

Money isn't a problem in this game. Life or no life, it's not a problem.
Cutlery is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist