Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Runawayemu

Payday 2 Can't join or host servers

Alright so a friend of mine bought the game and gave me a beta key. I can play it just fine but he cannot. Any time he tries to join a game it says "Waiting for game to respond" or something of that nature. it just gets stuck there. Unfortunately it does this to anyone who tries to join his game too. So he is totally on his own. He is on a laptop which is perfectly capable of running the game. Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Edit: Reinstalling fixed this problem temporarily. Then after playing the game a few times he tried starting the game up and it happened again. Probably a problem w/ the game. Please fix this Overkill...

Last edited by Runawayemu: 07-29-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
MysticalPiplup

I have heard of this happening to other players as well. One said he restarted Steam and it worked for him, has your friend tried that?
MysticalPiplup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
Runawayemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalPiplup View Post
I have heard of this happening to other players as well. One said he restarted Steam and it worked for him, has your friend tried that?
I mean, he tried restarting his laptop. I'm wondering if starting steam as admin and then running payday as admin will work. Hmmm, will look into this...

Edit: It no work...
Runawayemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
MysticalPiplup

How many people are in your game? Because PAYDAY is P2P, maybe he can't connect to one of the players in the game? Has he tried using the validation fix?
MysticalPiplup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Runawayemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalPiplup View Post
How many people are in your game? Because PAYDAY is P2P, maybe he can't connect to one of the players in the game? Has he tried using the validation fix?
He's tried validation. Did not work. He is reinstalling right now. Will report back if this fixes.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
Runawayemu

Reinstall is a temporary fix. Not worth it IMO

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist