Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
kc1915

Exclamation Payday 2: Please don't reset our profiles after beta

For a few reasons...
There is a level cap of 25. The only reason I can think of as a reason for adding a level cap is so that beta testers can play the game, keep their stats, but not have too much of an advantage over those who didn't buy the CCE (and therefore did not receive beta access.)

This game is all about gameplay, and reward. Although it's only about half a month of progress, I guarantee you that someone found some rare weapon mods and accessories. I found some good stuff, that I would hate to see go away.

I see almost 0 reason to reset profile (except for server purposes).

Please sign if you agree with me, or provide me a good explanation as to why it's mandatory to reset our profiles after beta.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
MutantMonkey

I don't have a good reason it shouldn't be mandatory, but since it takes very little time to actually get to 25, I don't see why the reset would be an issue.

Personally I would rather start at a level closer to where everyone else will be starting just so that there isn't a level of fragmentation on day 1 that could make it somewhat tough to find a proper group.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Nihilista

I don't see a good reason to keep profiles. Fresh clean start for full release to equalize us with those that bought the standard version. Pre-release greediness begone.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
derpeg

Eh, the cursed few getting electric center over and over again surely don't want their useful patterns wiped!

Seriously, this game is in beta state. Once all major problems are solved and release is pending a wipe is a must have.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
Blutspender

The announced reset also has an important psychological effect: People experiment more. That is exactly what's needed in a beta test.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
TheCombatMedic

Overkill already stated why there will be a wipe.

A) So that no one complains that someone else is starting the game with a bunch of gear and skills while they have nothing, further dividing people between who got pre game perks and those who did not.

B) Most patches in the beta and the patch that makes the game go live change things that affect save files, making them incompatible. Rather than spend even more time creating and fixing those bugs, it's easier to start in a clean slate so that people don't run into the forums all posting about their saves being corrupted.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Maverick

There will be a wipe. The purpose of the Beta is to test. Once the game releases, everyone will be on equal ground again.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
GamerPhate

I think the only reason they reset them a few days ago during beta was to clear out the cheaters. See, the REAL secret reason they are doing beta is that, well it brings out the hackers. They saw people was using exploits, so they had to roll EVERYONE back since it would of taken months to review every match that happened to evaluate if they used some trick, glitch, memory edit, or what not.

The good news is that when they did that, they locked out much of the tricks these guys were using. Now, I am pretty sure if they HAVE to reset the characters it is mostly just to clear out any old beta code or stats the might effect the launch. It is just easier for them to clear out out and start over, instead of grandfathering in the current stats.

I personally don't care about the level.. BUT .. I do have all the main gear I want already... it would take a bit to get the lucky wins to unlock the silencers I wanted for the guns I use. And I agree that since the cap is at 25... why not keep it, and then just unlock our ability to go higher on launch?

Either way I know I will be playing, just would be nice for all the epic stealth runs I did to actually mean something. Now sure, I have the experience to just pull it off even at level 1 for the most part (minus ALL the gear and skills that make it easier), but I will still have to regrind. And I guess I can live with that, but if I were to be counted as a vote, I would say:

No Reset please

UNLESS you HAVE to, I totally understand how cheaters ruin it for the players that just enjoy playing the game, and you have to balance the field for everyone. I don't mind losing real progress to set back a cheaters freebie wins.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
Mfbraz

Make a copy of the savegame and use it on non-beta Payday 2, would that work?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
cr7camiao

That would be unfair to everyone that didn't get access to this paid beta. While regular pre-orderers would start at level 0, practically without items, beta testers can start at level 25, with a load of money and items.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
GamerPhate

Fairness is nothing here. If you want to get into beta, you can get into beta right now. If you don't, then don't enjoy the sneak peak. I think the beta guys SHOULD get an edge personally.. we found the bugs, we played the matches, put up with the glitches, let us keep some xp and cash for our work. Heck, even as much as we are all grinding, no one has EVERY gun, upgrade, mask, and skill unlocked anyways. Plus there is the level cap, none of us are over 25... so it isn't THAT big of a deal. Personally on launch, I will be scared.. I don't want to play with four noob level 1s... I want to play with the beta guys that know WHAT to do instead of having someone blow the mission for you on their first time.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
Mfbraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerPhate View Post
Fairness is nothing here. If you want to get into beta, you can get into beta right now. If you don't, then don't enjoy the sneak peak. I think the beta guys SHOULD get an edge personally.. we found the bugs, we played the matches, put up with the glitches, let us keep some xp and cash for our work. Heck, even as much as we are all grinding, no one has EVERY gun, upgrade, mask, and skill unlocked anyways. Plus there is the level cap, none of us are over 25... so it isn't THAT big of a deal. Personally on launch, I will be scared.. I don't want to play with four noob level 1s... I want to play with the beta guys that know WHAT to do instead of having someone blow the mission for you on their first time.

+1 for this guy.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
GamerPhate

Thanks MFbraz
Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #14
CLOAKER!

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerPhate View Post
-1 this guy.

You "put up with the glitches"? Uh no, you signed up for the glitches. You got beta access guy, Its what a beta is.

Also, wow at only wanting to play with beta people. You didn't have to learn anything? You NEVER mess up? lol

Lastly, you're getting something for your "hard work". First hand experience seeing what works and what doesn't. All beta players will be much more prepared for the full game when it releases.

You paid for a beta, not early access.

Last edited by CLOAKER!: 07-29-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Satoru

There will be a beta wipe and there are several reasons for this

1) You're not 'entitled' to anything. You pre-ordred the CCE and teh bouns is access to the beta. That's it. Plus all the pre-order bonuses.

2) There's already been 1 beta wipe due to local save game changes. Thus there is alerady a single incompatible path to 'retaining' any data as it is. There is no reason this path won't e broken multiple times over the course of the beta. The asumption that ALL players are constantly playing all the tiem getting the latest beta changes is simply not an assumption you can make. That's already broken.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist