Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
puenboy

I think I just permanently lost my pre-order exclusive

So unknowingly that it'll be permanently lost, I sold my skull mask. I take it that you can't get it in game except as pre-order exclusive. Is there anything I can do to get it back?
Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
godofdefeat

You´ll get it back in the next beta patch.
godofdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
Xandariel

Reset your progress and youll get every preorder bonus back. Or try to use an old save where you still have it. Thats your only 2 options.
Xandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
Lulzator

Well keep in mind your progress is gonna be reset when the game is released anyway, so it's no biggie really.
Lulzator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #5
MKirro

What about when the game gets released and there are no more resets? You'll permanently lose your pre-order bonus unless this is fixed. This is actually a general problem with masks; to get a sold mask back you have to get it again from cards. Not cool. They should work like mods, where you just have to buy it again.
MKirro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #6
Dr_Pillz_Redux

You get your pre-order stuff back if you reset your progress.
Dr_Pillz_Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #7
MutantMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKirro View Post
What about when the game gets released and there are no more resets? You'll permanently lose your pre-order bonus unless this is fixed. This is actually a general problem with masks; to get a sold mask back you have to get it again from cards. Not cool. They should work like mods, where you just have to buy it again.
You will be able to reset your progress in the final game.
MutantMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
ElWrobel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMonkey View Post
You will be able to reset your progress in the final game.
To get a mask back? Yeah,great thinking,so worth it. Besides,you'll lose ALL of your acquired masks just to get the skull. They should come back to your inventory.
ElWrobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
MutantMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWrobel View Post
To get a mask back? Yeah,great thinking,so worth it. Besides,you'll lose ALL of your acquired masks just to get the skull. They should come back to your inventory.
If you delete your Skull Mask and then reset your progress, you will get the Skull Mask back.

This was confirmed by one of the OK devs when I made a similar post day of beta release.
MutantMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
Cutlery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElWrobel View Post
Well don't be a moron and sell your preorder bonus if you care that much.
Cutlery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #11
Bobmuffins

Skull mask just needs to be unsellable. That's it.

If it's sellable and just falls back into your inventory, you can literally make infinite cash. Build, sell, build, sell, repeat. Just make it unsellable.
Bobmuffins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #12
HellsKnightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmuffins View Post
Skull mask just needs to be unsellable. That's it.

If it's sellable and just falls back into your inventory, you can literally make infinite cash. Build, sell, build, sell, repeat. Just make it unsellable.
It costs money to fabricate a mask in the first place and you get less then that when you sell it. You would not gain any net worth. If you couldn't sell the mask, it would take up one of the eight slots that you can even put a mask.

There would be no issue if when you sold a mask, it cleared the material, pattern, and paint and put itbackin your inventory. You would still loose a bunch of money.
HellsKnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
DerGregorian

It's fine how it is, the only way you can sell it by accident is by pressing first the wrong button then hitting yes when it tells you that you're going to sell it.

Making it unsellable means it takes up a space for another mask permanently with no way of getting that space back.

Hells idea probably fits the best, you sell it and lose the material, pattern and colours used to make it but keep the design. It makes the most sense seeing as though the design itself is something that wouldn't be used up in the process of making the mask.
DerGregorian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist