Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 08-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
OVERKILL_crew

OVERKILL Software
Is the game crashing? Try disabling the Steam Overlay.

Hey everyone,

With the release of PAYDAY 2 we hope to have fixed the majority of issues thanks to the great beta testing feedback we've received.

Random crashes? Try disabling the Steam Overlay
If you are still experiencing random crashes, please try to turn off the Steam Overlay as this can cause random crashes. This is how:

1) Click on Steam and click on the "Settings" button. Click on the "In-Game Settings" tab.

2) Uncheck the box next to "Enable Steam Community In-Game" and click OK.

3) Disable the Steam Overlay on specific games only by right-clicking on the game title, click on "Properties" and uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game" in the "General" tab.

We are investigating the reason behind crashes like this one but it will take time to find a solution. Meanwhile, thanks for being patient and for your continued support.

Since we have to cover such a vast amount of hardware and different specs, there is always a risk that some people will still have issues and will have a hard time getting their game to work.

Our humble request
We at OVERKILL are asking you, the PAYDAY community, to step up on this important day and do your part by being civilized, kind and helpful to anyone in need in these coming days. With the launch of PAYDAY 2, we will see a huge amount of people start playing the game and some of them will need your help to get the game working properly.

1) If you can help someone get their game working, we at OVERKILL salute you. 99% of the time, it's simply about updating the graphics drivers to the newest versions or making sure you have the game installed by verifying the game cache in Steam or re-installing the game.

2) If you don't know the answer to a bug or a crash that someone is experiencing, I suggest we direct people who need further help to this thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620...5632555749187/

If you have any other thread that you suggest provides great solutions for crashes and errors in PAYDAY 2, please share them below.

3) If they've been to that thread or others like it and still have issues, please direct them to me at almir@overkillsoftware.com and I will help them as soon as possible.

As you might understand, I get hundreds of e-mails a day and it's a challenge keeping up with everyone who has issues and just want to play our game.

I hope that we can trust you to help me, the PAYDAY community moderators and the rest of the OVERKILL crew to keep a civilized and positive atmosphere in the forums going forward. At OVERKILL, we strongly believe that all money spent should be spent on development of new content and a better game for our fans. If we all help eachother and share important information, we developers can focus more on making the game better and more stable every day.

And finally - looking forward to seeing you in-game! This is going to be a great ride, people.

Lets do this!

Almir
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Almog

The game is fine,its something about Steam and i dont think any game can crash Steam its must be an overload or something.

Last edited by Almog: 08-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Almog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
BlackRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4ndle
Is this supposed to be a workaround for the Steam crash? You're actually releasing a game that's buggy enough to crash steam? That takes balls.
The game is crashing, not steam. This is a workaround so that you can still play the game tomorrow without issue.

Don't be a . What do you expect them to do here? Literally every piece of software is released with known bugs that are fixed with patches and updates. At least there is a workaround here.
BlackRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Almog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRider View Post
The game is crashing, not steam. This is a workaround so that you can still play the game tomorrow without issue.

Don't be a . What do you expect them to do here? Literally every piece of software is released with known bugs that are fixed with patches and updates. At least there is a workaround here.
Steam might be the cause for crashes and not PAYDAY2 anyway this is starting to go Off-topic here since the post point is for us to help players not to argue what is causing the crashes.

Last edited by Almog: 08-13-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
Kuziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almog View Post
I said Steam might be the cause for crashes and not PAYDAY2 anyway this is starting to go Off-topic here since the post point is for us to help players not to argue what is causing the crashes.
I think he wasn't replying to you mate.
Kuziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
DiGiTaL

Did you miss his reply was to someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almog View Post
I said Steam might be the cause for crashes and not PAYDAY2 anyway this is starting to go Off-topic here since the post point is for us to help players not to argue what is causing the crashes.
DiGiTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
Almog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiTaL View Post
Did you miss his reply was to someone else?
I haven't missed anything i just disagree with him thats it.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #8
Mr_Keroro

People are saying it has to do with achievements.
Mr_Keroro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
Zoris

I keep crashing at menu after the heist has been selected and host chooses to carry on with it. Nvidia drivers up to date, steam overlay disabled ( although this isnt the cause of the issue ) and I've validated files. 5 crashes to desktop in 1 minute. Never did this in the BETA
Zoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #10
Sumbig

My game also keeps crashing between heists on loadout or after heist when returning to lobby.
Have to close program through task manager.
Happened about 10 times yesterday.

Same thing happened in beta but some days i hardly got any crashes.

Also few times when the game crashed in beta i lost all sounds and when i went to playback options, it said something about a problem with device IDT high definition audio codec, i had the latest drivers so i installed older ones.
Have not gotten any more of that error but still sometimes i lose all sounds.

No other game crash or lose sounds, for example, LA Noire, Modded GTA 4, Ghost Recon Online, Chivalry and so on.
I'll add specs when im home.

Btw where can i send crash dumps?

EDIT.
I bought a new sound card and haven't had any crashes since.

I thought i should mention.

Last edited by Sumbig: 08-15-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Sumbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
carldoyle

i had 2 crash to desktop last night never had this problem in beta
carldoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #12
MrMalevolentZ

Refund please, this game is unplayable because i keep disconnected. Payday 1 was fine. Payday 2 beta was fine. But you went and screwed up the actual release, making it unplayable for a number of people.
MrMalevolentZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #13
Lulzator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMalevolentZ View Post
Refund please, this game is unplayable because i keep disconnected. Payday 1 was fine. Payday 2 beta was fine. But you went and screwed up the actual release, making it unplayable for a number of people.
Have you tried using some of these fixes?
Lulzator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
carldoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoris View Post
I keep crashing at menu after the heist has been selected and host chooses to carry on with it. Nvidia drivers up to date, steam overlay disabled ( although this isnt the cause of the issue ) and I've validated files. 5 crashes to desktop in 1 minute. Never did this in the BETA
yes the same here i never had this in beta also it started after these new updates every thing on my pc is up to date
Old 08-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
carldoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMalevolentZ View Post
many people have the same problem i have 20 friends who play and they are getting disconnected from games me also this game is starting to look a mess

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist