Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 08-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
t0rn

Exclamation Low FPS since Arms Deal update - (community needs CF/SLI fix)

UPDATE AS OF 04.09.2013: (The same continues 07.10.2013)

As my 30.08.13 described my quoted fps expected has returned for crossfire enabled; however, I am experiencing micro-stuttering with CF enabled - this is most noticable when reverting to one card as the performance is infinitely smoother. These stutters last for a tiny fraction of a second and are regular in occurrence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE AS OF 30.08.2013: My expected crossfire performance has returned and the examples below on Thunder are no longer occuring. Thanks for fixing this.

One caveat; however, is that some people are still reporting some issues here - please post more details guys.

*See below for latest updates*

Since the introduction of the 'Arms Deal' patch I have been experiencing odd and extreme drops in FPS for no apparent reason. No system changes since last night where I had 250+fps stable in all circumstances on all maps (force capped to 128 normally).

i7-2600k with crossfire 6870s.

E.g. I tried to play 'Thunder' which was hitting 250+fps pre-patch now has particular exact areas where it drops sharply.

See the links for comparison fps in roughly the same map location (These occurances of fps drops are replicated every time in those locations):

Example 1.1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=317jp5v&s=5

Eample 1.2
http://i39.tinypic.com/29fp3yd.jpg

Example 2.1
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ppjyvo.jpg

Example 2.2
http://i41.tinypic.com/14098wm.jpg

It is not restricted to Thunder in particular places. I find the same problems occuring on de_dust.

VIDEO EXAMPLE
Youtube video courtesy of dsbarros

Anyone else finding the same problem?
Please reply to help highlight this issue.

Noticed on day 2 - enormous input lag and weapon switching now feels sluggish. It seems to use 6 frames to swap guns 'choppily'. There are plenty of unnecessary aesthetic additions in this update but keeping this post purely performance orientated, we NEED swift optimisation!

15.08.13 - Thanks for all the replies for dev sight.

If you are affected by this please keep posting replies to maintain traction on the issue.

17.08.13 - Thanks for the massive response, currently my best performance results from turning off crossfire and removing '-processheap' from 'Launch Options' (This appears to level out fps at the expense of screen tearing)
Please keep the feedback coming until vALVE helps us regain our previous performance!

18.08.13 - I have steady fps running on single GPU. Less FPS than expected but playable (not using -processheap). I have some screen tearing occasionally and it still is incredibly jerked when weapon switching (much like you would experience in 1.6 on a 500fps, as opposed to a 1000fps, server). I want to be able to use my crossfire setup...

20.08.13 - Same rubbish perfomance today; however, moving to a 128 tick server as opposed to VALVe's match-making ones resulted in no input lag or weapon switching, loss of frames... Apart from Crossfire related perfomance loss could this be poor server optimisation?

24.08.13 - Issue persists beyond the latest small patch released. Contrary to what some individuals think of Crossfire/SLI, it did perfectly with CS:GO pre-Arms Deal.
Performance details (AMD):
1 card (pre-patch 250fps) - Now 140-150fps with frequent microsecond stutters and menu instability.
2 cards (pre-patch 300-400fps) - Now 30-90 fps with unplayable choppy dips to lower framerates in 'non-resource stressful' scenarios/areas.
I don't mind if VALVe are struggling to solve this problem but an annoucement to say that they acknowledge this would be appreciated.
The consistency of responses from users with the same issues points to the 'Arms Deal' update. I am using the latest GFX/OS updates/drivers/application profiles, but I have tried the last 5 GFX drivers/profiles to no avail. This performance with a driver change is unphased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suave View Post
Disable crossfire/SLI.

I had the issue, played one game, disabled SLI, fixed it.
Thank you suave for this suggestion - disabling CrossFire did improve my performance significantly. 1x 6870 in my machine will achieve 195-260+ fps in the 'good' areas of the maps. It still dips quite badly in those areas described above!

This is for Nvidia single GPU users only but this was suggested for you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbytime View Post
FIXED!!! Right click on desktop - Nvidia control panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Software (or program) setup -> look for CS:GO (if you don't see it, add it) -> Prefered GPU and you select Nvidia GPU.

This will only work if you have a multiple GPU card. I thought this fix was just for SLI. But make sure its only on Single-GPU
http://imgur.com/EHBNgXz.
Thanks for this Darbytime.

Thanks

P.S. I'm coming to terms with the weapons skins as they will keep the official servers running. I'm just bitterly disappointed with 20/40 on M4A1 and performance in general.

This is very true...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vileSM View Post
There should be nearly zero performance issues related to hardware, CS:GO is not a demanding game graphically and the Source engine caters quite nicely to older hardware. Anything greater than a single 560 or 6850 should have no problem maintaining 100+ FPS @ 1080p with everything maxed besides AA.

Can we get an update from VALVe please? Are you working on a fix?

- t0rn

Last edited by t0rn: 10-07-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Mark316

Banned
MattWood said to remove -processheap from launch options once the update hits, if you haven't do so.

If you don't have -processheap in launch options, try putting it there and see if that fixes it.
Mark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
t0rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark316 View Post
MattWood said to remove -processheap from launch options once the update hits, if you haven't do so.

If you don't have -processheap in launch options, try putting it there and see if that fixes it.
Thanks for the thought Mark; unfortunately, I was not using -processheap and since trying it, it doesn't change anything...
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
MLT

I'm having the same issue. I tried removing -processheap from launch options and verifying game cache, still no luck. This update was a huge let down.
MLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
t0rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT View Post
I'm having the same issue. I tried removing -processheap from launch options and verifying game cache, still no luck. This update was a huge let down.
Thanks for replying so that I'm not left stranded with this problem!
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Automatic

Banned
Same here, I normally get between 250-400 and now I can't even break 100 FPS.
Automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Mark316

Banned
I just played some Operation Payback and was noticing dips into the 70's.. usually stay above 150-200 all the time.. hmmmm
Mark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
Just0r

Banned
GG Valve, I was getting rando lag/fps drops prior to this update but after the last. Can only assume this update will either fix or..make it worse?
Just0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
elyk371

I had the same issue. Right after update, my fps dropped from a constant cap of 128 to 30 in menus and in game. I restarted my pc and it went away.

Don't know if this will work for anyone else, but thought I'd throw it out there.
elyk371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
sprite19

Same problem here....
sprite19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
Tazik_Krovi

Same here fps dropped big time
Tazik_Krovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
Dr.M@ri0

My FPS went up MAJOR since update....I gained like 20 fps, this issue seems to be affecting those with higher end PCs believe it or not based on who I have talked to.
Dr.M@ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
Dr_Smitty

My FPS has been fine but it keeps crashing too much for me.
Dr_Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
SimplyMark

Everything feels so sluggish like im drunk, can't play :S
SimplyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
pronax

OS: Windows 8 CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz (at 3501 MHz) Memory usage: 3590/12227 MB (29%) Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 680 (1920x1080x32bit 120Hz)

And i have really bad fps since before the patch, and this patch (that was supposed to fix the fps bug) did not fix it for me atleast.
pronax is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive