Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers

Old 08-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
rutra80

Exclamation Magic 2012 Forest's Fury reset fix

There's a bug in fully expanded DotP 2012 which causes that Forest's Fury deck is unlockable - most of the time when you unlock some cards in it they revert to "0 unlocked" when you restart the game.
Stainless didn't fix it, of course. So I came out with a workaround for it - it lets you patch your profile/save file by adding fully unlocked Forest's Fury deck to it, leaving everything else intact - your progress stays as it was, so do your decks, preferences, and everything else ...hopefully (see the note below).
It doesn't fix the bug so most of the time after you restart the game all the cards in Forest's Fury deck will be locked again, but just apply the patch again and you can keep playing.

So, here's how to apply it:

1. Download and unpack somewhere the following file:
http://www.filedropper.com/dotp2012ff
(click the grey "Download This File" button, enter the code, and click "Download Now")

2. Copy your save file from somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXXXXXXX\49470\remote\XXXXXXX X.profile (where XXXXXXXX is your steam account number) to the folder that you unpacked above, and rename that file to "in"

3. Execute "restitch.bat" file

4. Copy the resulting "out" file back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXXXXXXX\49470\remote\ or wherever it was, and rename it to XXXXXXXX.profile where XXXXXXXX is your steam account number again

5. Launch the game. If it has Cloud enabled and asks what to do, tell it to copy the file from your computer to the cloud.

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT THIS PATCH DOES TO YOUR SAVE FILE. YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALWAYS KEEP A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR PROFILE!

Last edited by rutra80: 08-29-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Nanawatai

Quote:
1. Download and unpack somewhere the following file:
OP's download link is dead. Any chance someone has an updated link or could reupload the file? I would love to achieve 100% unlock status on this game so I can move on to the next one in the series.

Thanks!
Nanawatai is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers