Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 09-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Droidaka

Talking The Return of OLD Hoxton!!! (Payday 2)

Hello all,
As many of you know, a petition was going to return the OLD Hoxton for Payday 2. I just read a tweet on Goldfarb twitter and these are his quotes. "I think he might make an appearance soon..."
If you want to read the tweet here it is. https://twitter.com/locust9/status/379488614700548096
Hopefully he comes back soon!
Thanks, Droidaka.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
Spitfire (STAM)

*Coughs up lung in glee*
Spitfire (STAM) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
Mario_K

He'll show up, but I don't know if he'll return exactly as the petition wanted as a playable character. Could be just as an NPC; as a cameo appearance.

They've already changed Hoxton's canon as a brother of Dallas, and American; which they'd need to adjust if he's brought back to replace the current Hoxton.

People don't seem to realize that Hoxton was originally American early in Payday 1, as evidenced in the URLs in the steam profile for each of the character pictures. So, with that in mind, it's not at all surprising they changed him back to American.

Dallas = Russian
Wolf = German
Chains = Spanish
Hoxton = American

Last edited by Mario_K: 09-16-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Mario_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
Maverick

He'll probably make a cameo appearance, he won't return as playable character,
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #5
Primary

Hoxton as contractor mebbe
Primary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #6
Flashgamer20

If he does come back as an NPC, I doubt the crew will be calling him "Hox".. Are we breaking him out of jail, or something?
Flashgamer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
cylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_K View Post
They've already changed Hoxton's canon as a brother of Dallas, and American; which they'd need to adjust if he's brought back to replace the current Hoxton.
I thought these were new people that they had just given the same 'codenames' to?
cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #8
Flashgamer20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylon View Post
I thought these were new people that they had just given the same 'codenames' to?
I know Dallas has the new face, but the old voice. LOL
Flashgamer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
Brutis_Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary View Post
I could go for that. Make it as if he is out of the business with the gang, but is still able to give leads on heist and contracts,
Brutis_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Yukiz19

Quote:
He'll show up, but I don't know if he'll return exactly as the petition wanted as a playable character. Could be just as an NPC; as a cameo appearance.

People don't seem to realize that Hoxton was originally American early in Payday 1, as evidenced in the URLs in the steam profile for each of the character pictures. So, with that in mind, it's not at all surprising they changed him back to American.

Dallas = Russian
Wolf = German
Chains = Spanish
Hoxton = American
I thought chains was south american
Yukiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #11
paytruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiz19 View Post
I thought chains was south american
Spanish/Chilean.
paytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
Robattaz

Cool

Quote:

Dallas = Russian
Wolf = German
Chains = Spanish
Hoxton = American
nope !
That is definitly wrong. Hoxton was NEVER an American in Payday 1 when you read the backgroundstories of them (payday1) http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9089852

Dallas & Chains : American
Wolf : Swedish
Hoxton : British

Just in the developing phase of PAYDAY 1 Overkill was thinking about the nationalitys of a crew.
Quote:
Trivia nugget #1: They were originally people from different countriesOriginally, the plan was to have four robbers of different nationality in the game, so that each robber's accent would be distinct and instantly recognizable. This idea was later scrapped, as you all understand - but in the code, the robbers are still named "american", "german", "russian" and "spanish".
First there was just these nations as names. Not "Hoxton : American etc."... and in the developing phase they looked for possible names for the 4 characters ( #2 in trivia thread)

Source: Overkills offical trivia thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2714914
Robattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #13
Scudman_Slayer

They need to add a Braziliam character XD, would be fun hearing his accent
Scudman_Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
Mario_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robattaz View Post
nope !
That is definitly wrong. Hoxton was NEVER an American in Payday 1 when you read the backgroundstories of them (payday1) http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9089852
For the main release of the game, yes, Hoxton was changed to be British. Originally in the beta, he was not.

Their background profiles were not detailed until after their original nationalities were scrapped and changed for the main release. Otherwise, Dallas still would've been Russian, Wolf German, etc.

They still inferred nationality of a character, based on naming them after a nationality.

There would not be such evidence, such as the pictures I linked to on Steam, otherwise.

Also, there's beta audio files in Payday 1 that reinforce this.

Last edited by Mario_K: 09-16-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Mario_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
umustbejoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary View Post
That would be DOPE.

Or even better, Cyclone as a contractor.
umustbejoking is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist