Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 01-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
Spud-man

Question How do you price fabricators?

Just a random question that came to my mind after having trade offer who wanted my Black V.Yellow Belt and offered professional Postal Pummeler Fabricator for it (I declined)
I heard that you should look for Community Market and every 2.50 (in dollars) is one key in TF2 prices.

Of course it depends on weapons too, rubbish weapons fabricators like Sun-on-a-Stick won´t cost much compared to say Black Box or Shotgun.

Anyone got like good guide or handy notes or something.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
Blk_Mage_Ctype

Personally, I just charge a few cents less than the lowest listed price, or otherwise a few cents lower than what the last one sold for. There really is no guide yet on the prices for each Killstreak Fabricator/Kit, so I just price it according to what other folks are paying/have paid.
Blk_Mage_Ctype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Robro 3000

Base it on the community market price. Weapon desirability adds a lot to the value. Then by ks effect and lastly by sheen.
Robro 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
flashn00b

I think the community prices it based on the usefulness of the weapon in question.
flashn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
GeneralKitsune

Not that I want to sell it, but I've been wondering how much my Strange Pro Killstreak Hitman's Heatmaker would go for out of curiosity, sheen being Team Shine and Killstreak is Singularity.

It's being focused up for MvM specifically since it's the best sniper rifle in MvM.

Last edited by GeneralKitsune: 01-16-2014 at 12:31 PM.
GeneralKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
Stat_Bot

The best way I've got to price this stuff is to look at the community market; see what's available, how much they historically sell for, and what effects/sheens are sitting unsold. You can't neccessarily tell what people do want, but you can definitely figure out the sheens/effects people don't want.

There's a lot of polls/surveys that have built tiers already, but that takes the fun out of it (and don't have enough data to be credible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralKitsune View Post
Not that I want to sell it, but I've been wondering how much my Strange Pro Killstreak Hitman's Heatmaker would go for out of curiosity, sheen being Team Shine and Killstreak is Singularity.

It's being focused up for MvM specifically since it's the best sniper rifle in MvM.
I'm going to guess the fabricator alone is somewhere in the high range of past sale prices (closer to $20). Both the Sheen and Effect seem to be highly desired (Turns out there's one going for about $17)

http://steamcommunity.com/market/sea...ssional+hitman
Stat_Bot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2