Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Media Discussions > Media

Old 06-03-2006, 03:43 AM   #1
Sipes216

Question music posibilities?

would it be at all possible in the future to see steam develope some sort of service similar to itunes? o_O

and then have the ability to have it playing from an ingame menu. sorta like the way that HL2 has the friends list, is what i mean

Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
xbskid

May I ask...why?
xbskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
CreditYork.01

LOL! Yes... why?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #4
MtM0201

hmm, I think the songs should be mp3`s so that steam users could listen to it whenever, just get the songs for whatever game in that game`s folder. ex: ep1 songs will be in a subfoulder in the ep1 media folder

just a thought
Old 07-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #5
mikeywhitey

Banned
i don't think it should be something like iTunes or whatnot, i think they should just add the music along with the videos. I think it wouild be cool if they put the main title music from the valve games in the media section.
mikeywhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:17 AM   #6
weedo

I want a better Steam MP3 player that we can use ingame. One that works properly where ever my MP3's are located.
weedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:12 AM   #7
mikeywhitey

Banned
how do you use the steam mp3 player anyways?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #8
boglito

Possible, but not likely, is my guess.

I would love it personally, since I feel that steam handles my products as if I own them, while iTunes prefers to conveniently "forget" what I have bought from them once one download has been completed. If steam developed a service where I could download my music, music videos, and movies whenever I wanted to I would become a big customer over-night.

Last time I tried iTunes (admittedly a good while ago) I got one, count it; 1, download of the album i bought. Once that album got wiped in one of many unfortunate events it was gone for ever and ever. I could have backed it up, but one of the strong points of steam is how it in combination with a decent internet connection makes physical data storage obsolete.

The chief reason why I don't collect music and movies is simply that I don't want a lot of junk in my appartment. I know some people like to have a whole wall full of jewel-cases, but I ain't one of those people. I want my music and movies represented by little pretty filenames in my little pretty file-explorer.

As of now there is no service in the world that offers music/movie-downloads with the same perks as we get from steam when it comes to games. Maybe it is not possible to make it happen, but I sure wish they would try. Unfortunately there are a lot of big companies all pulling in their very own direction when it comes to digital distribution, so I doubt we will se any good alternatives in the near future.

.bog.

Last edited by boglito: 07-07-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #9
mikeywhitey

Banned
i get what you mean. that's what i tought about itunes, once you bought something, you have to back it up. it doesn't keep track of your purchases. personnally, i hate being single tracks.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #10
flkatk

Quote:
Originally posted by flkatk
this reminds me of walmart. first it was a simple store. then walmart expanded and has gas stations, a TV network, and mcdonalds. if steam goes ahead and does the same, it will be the end of the free gaming world. *cries and hides under bed*
PS you should watch "WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price", a great movie about Walmart's dark side of cheap labor, lack of employee benefits, and envirmental issues.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #11
Nomad 2.0

Kinda like that South Park episode....
Old 07-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #12
MtM0201

Quote:
Originally posted by Nomad 2.0
Kinda like that South Park episode....
with the burning of walmart and the theory of sh*tin when u die...that episode rocked.

On topic: what mp3 player on steam???
Old 07-16-2006, 08:32 PM   #13
¿Señor Freeman?

In any game In the command console type mp3 in it

It bad Usally skips songs and replays songs once a round is over i think they should fix it
¿Señor Freeman? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:28 AM   #14
xbskid

In any case, it's most likely more than possible to integrate an mp3 player into Steam and allow you access to it in-game, much like Friends is integrated.
xbskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:35 AM   #15
UK-Sniper

Quote:
Originally posted by MtM0201
with the burning of walmart and the theory of sh*tin when u die...that episode rocked.

On topic: what mp3 player on steam???
From wikipedia

Soon after death (15–120 minutes depending on various factors), the body begins to cool (algor mortis), becomes pallid (pallor mortis), and internal sphincter muscles relax, leading to the release of urine, feces, and stomach contents if the body is moved.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Media Discussions > Media