Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #4321
_Duality_

Just for the record
June 24 Deals
_Duality_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #4322
DorianGrey505

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_ANDY View Post
Zero Gear 4 pack on sale
is zero gear on sale? i see it at $19.99
DorianGrey505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #4323
DARK_ANDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura891 View Post
I'm sorry but when did "since it hasn't happened it won't" come into affect?

I know if i was a developer and i generously put my game on steam for 75% off i would not also discount the pack, or at the least make the pack the same price as buying four, as i would see no point in giving you two deals when 75% is already quite a bit of a drop in price
I don't mind paying 4 for 4 in the 4 pack. I'd just like the 3 extras to show up on the bottom of my gift list and not in the mix of the singles I gifted.
DARK_ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #4324
P6860FX

someone please confirm or deny

The Collection/Megapack Sales, do they last throughout the whole sales period (i.e. until the fourth) or do they expire daily? I'd like to be certain. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnvilMAn603 View Post
i know im new around here but who do i talk to about some kind of formal complaint? i bought dawn of war 2 gold edition last night for 40 bucks. i log in just now after work to see the thq complete pack on sale for 50 and it includes dow2 and chaos rising? if i had known about this i would have waited on DOW2 gold and bought the thq pack instead. im really loving steam so far but if i dont get some kind of remedy to this i dunno how much if any more money im going to give to them.
Bad luck, but it's unlikely that they'll retroactively apply the discount. As a rule I never buy a games on Steam for full price, because
  1. there's always a Weekend Deal, Midweek Madness Sale or season/holiday sale around the corner,
  2. I have enough patience to wait, and
  3. because I already have so many unplayed, uninstalled, undownloaded (is that even a word?) games that I've bought on other sales but haven't gotten around to play.
Hint: Don't buy a nondaily deal game or gamepack until the last day of sales, because they might be featured in a daily deal for even more savings. +rep if you can read this.

BTW this sale is so overwhelming. I don't know where to begin. Good job, Valve.

Last edited by P6860FX: 06-24-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: hidden message
Old 06-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #4325
marciohuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6860FX View Post

The Collection/Megapack Sales, do they last throughout the whole sales period (i.e. until the fourth) or do they expire daily? I'd like to be certain. Thank you.
I believe they last. The only ones that expires dayly are those listed in the front page
marciohuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #4326
Sharkinu

Not all of them.
Those listed in the today only list expire today (like unreal deap pack or overlord pack)

Those in the slideshow will last the whole week
Sharkinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #4327
marciohuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkinu View Post
Not all of them.
Those listed in the today only list expire today (like unreal deap pack or overlord pack)

Those in the slideshow will last the whole week
And even so, I believe they will keep a discount, just smaller one (33% ou 25% instead of 50%, for example)
marciohuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #4328
shrinkmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkmaster View Post
why should it be regionally restricted in germany? even amazon.de is offering it.
just got an answer from the support. apparently jello was right and this pack is not available in germany. no reason given by the support team.

i could live with it if someone gave me a good reason why it's not available, but like this i'm kinda dissapointed in steam.
shrinkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #4329
P6860FX

Is that killing floor DLC discount a daily deal too or will it continue through sale?

Hint: Don't buy a nondaily deal game or gamepack until the last day of sales, because they might be featured in a daily deal for even more savings. +rep if you can read this.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #4330
Europhoria

I think I can get through this sale relatively unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tealc View Post
- Square Enix Eidos Pack - Same price, but the Australian pack does not include "Shellshock 2: Blood Trails" and "The Last Remnant". Shellshock is unavailable in Australia. The Last Remnant is $39.99 in US, $49.99 in Australia.
Strange, I got Shellshock 2 when I purchased the Edios Everything pack during Christmas. I don't know about the Last Remnant since I already bought that a few weeks before Christmas.

Quote:

The packs will stay for the entire sale period from experience with the pre-holiday and Christmas sales of last year (and to a lesser extent, those 'week of <publisher>' sales). Just don't wait until the last second to buy. The Unreal Deal pack however will be discounted by 66% for today only, then either revert back to the normal price or with a 50% discount depending on how generous Valve feels.

Quote:
Is that killing floor DLC discount a daily deal too or will it continue through sale?
Can't say really but given the different discount, the DLC maybe for the entire sale period. Don't quote me on that and don't come after me with pitchforks if this isn't the case.
Europhoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #4331
Lawliet89

Gosh I will be overseas from the first! Need WiFi at my hotel =X
Lawliet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #4332
lon_suder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawliet89 View Post
Gosh I will be overseas from the first! Need WiFi at my hotel =X
Hmm... good luck. Last time I was overseas during a sale I could not buy anything. In some kind of anti-theft step, Steam kept telling me that my credit card was for another country.
lon_suder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #4333
jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkmaster View Post
why should it be regionally restricted in germany? even amazon.de is offering it.
Amazon.de offers so many games that Steam doesn’t. Most of them are cut in one way or another for Germany. Guess, for whatever reason VALVe or, most likely, the publisher of the given game don’t want to offer a second version through Steam, although others do. If they don’t want to earn German [or Australian or Japanese...] money, they won’t. *shrugsshoulders*
jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #4334
Spykirby

95% on puzzle kingdoms... I dunno wether or not to buy. 1€ isn't much, but do i really want a game that I mite only play 20 minutes to stay in my steam game list FOREVER O_O
Spykirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #4335
IvanDoomer

Quote:

Lol I'm already saving my cart for 4th july XD
IvanDoomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion