Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Half-Life DS (Linux)

Old 03-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
annoyingproblem

svc_bad error kicking 3/4's of my server

I know this is a problem many have and there isn't a fix for it, or if there is someone isn't sharing it. I'm sick of it being pushed aside and blamed on router firmware of all things.

THIS IS A PROBLEM. Game server hosts like to blame addons and plugins, yet my server I rent still has the errors while running them without any form of addon/plugin installed or running. I've been with 4 different hosts over 3 years and all of them do it.

How is it I can run a 64 man BF2 server without huge errors that kick people, yet I can't run a simple 1.6 32 man server with no addons without 3/4's of my population being kicked atleast twice day sometimes more?

I really hate it when it happens in the AM, I'll have 30+ ppl error occurs kicks 25 of them and I'm left with an empty server that doesn't refill until 12 noon the next day while I'm at work.

BLAH!

Old 03-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
Slyguy42o

I have seen it.. happens with alot less frequency on my serv... but never been able to get to the root of it.
How often do you restart your server instances? I do mine in the morning when it's dead.
Slyguy42o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 AM   #3
annoyingproblem

Try to do it once a day, my server rarely dies out unless the error happens. I've seen the error happen with no mods installed, or addons with a completely full 32 ppl within an hour of a fresh restart. Sometimes it wont do it but once a day sometimes it does it 6+ times.

EDIT*** Wanted to add my server averages over 26 ppl on game monitor also, so if your server is not a 32 man or full all the time I dont think the error will happen as often. I have 20 man servers full 24/7 without the error.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:00 AM   #4
tierr

i have this sam problem on my server. bad svc.... :/
tierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
Belzebub0911

Solution

Hi Guys!

This error occurs, when at least 8 players are connected to a server and one of them has not disconnected correctly (connection problem or something like that). Does now a Round-Start occurs twice in the time (for example on a fast round map like fy_iceworld) when his connection to server broke down and the server automatic timeout kick happens, most of the people are getting kicked with this error message!

Just set "sv_timeout 22" ...

This will kick the "timeout player" right in time, before 2 Rounds-Starts occurs ...

Thats all!

Cya, Belzebub
--
24/7 Iceworld by Belzebub CS1.6 *VAC/HLGuard Secured* @ jabt.net
Server-IP : 85.131.248.102:28015 -- Web: http://247iceworld.de.vu
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
WW2-WARDOG

Actually, we have traced it to the bot pluggin, turn it off, it goes away,turn it on, it comes back. I've posted on the shrikebot site trying to get an answer to the bug.

I will try the timeout time you mentioned, but it may have to go the other way, because the bots join first before the players.
WW2-WARDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
Despise

I cant say theres a fix for this bug but I have seen svc_bad across many servers over different mods of HL1. One thing I noticed is the higher you set the tickrate of your server the more frequently it will kick people with svc_bad.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
annoyingproblem

sv_timeout 22

This solved my svc_bad errors 100%. My server has not had one since I changed it over a month ago.

Thank you to the person who posted this, much appreciated.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #9
Belzebub0911

@ annoyingproblem

No problem!

@ all

Guys, read my first reply and try it out! THIS WILL HELP !!

Cya, Belzebub
--
24/7 Iceworld by Belzebub CS1.6 *VAC/HLGuard Secured* @ jabt.net
Server-IP : 85.131.248.102:28015 -- Web: http://247iceworld.de.vu
Old 04-24-2007, 02:01 PM   #10
RB1955

it worked for me too
thanks!
Old 04-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #11
-GF-

Just topping this, as it's worked for us too. Since setting sv_timeout to 22 we've not had a mass server player kick at all.

This is on TFC servers
-GF- is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Half-Life DS (Linux)