Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source

Old 04-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
FuzzDad

Volunteer Moderator
LINKS UPDATED: Community Assembled Map Pack (CAMP1)

The Community Assembled Map Project (CAMP) is pleased to announce our first release: CAMP1 Pack. This first pack includes three maps representing a nice cross-section of play styles and looks and are considered to be some of the top Day of Defeat: Source custom maps available today. Although the CAMP team is wholly responsible for the content of this release it would not have been possible without the assistance, encouragement, and support from our friends at Valve.

Each map in this, and subsequent releases, has been tested for exploits, errors, accurate scoring and all have been re-worked during this process by the original level designers and/or their authorized backup. The CAMP team itself is a diverse set of level designers, server operators, league managers, modelers, and long-term community members who worked together over the last month to bring you CAMP1.

Every CAMP release will include high quality maps that explore different game styles as we hope to bring new vitality, interest, and variety to this great game! CAMP1 can be downloaded from the list of fine communities listed at the link provided below, all of whom will be featuring the maps in their server rotations. Please patronize the communities that have helped with this significant effort!

FilePlanet
HL2Files.com
SunLit Games: Good Company, Fair Play CAMP 1 and 2
Crowbars of Justice
Day of Defeat Federation
DoDFrance : French Community
Just Fun Gaming
The 907th Gaming Community
Nomads bit torrent

About the maps:

dod_coire: A remake of the stock DOD 1.3 map chemille. There are five flags, all single man caps. Coire features fast and furious action that has made it a league favorite. Take that 5th flag and CAP OUT! Level design by dart, McJewels, and Nave.

dod_strand: Strand is a faithful recreation of the classic beach map, Charlie. The lighting and sound are dramatic and immersive without sacrificing performance. Strand is a detonation style map with balanced gameplay. Not your typical day at the beach! Level design by Dustin Diamond.

dod_vigilance: Vigilance has a fairly unique sense of vertical gameplay. Set in winter, in a small village, Allies battle uphill against waves of Axis soldiers. There are five flags with three 2-man caps. Hope you packed a parka! Level design by ca-chicken-soup.

Last edited by RosietheRiveter: 02-14-2008 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Edited in links to files
Old 04-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
DarkPenfold

Volunteer Moderator
That'd be a big "huzzah" right there.
DarkPenfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
Dustin Diamond

Everyone note these maps are all FINAL versions. 100% bug free and heavily tested. This is the only place to get the final versions of these maps.

Many have changed significantly (e.g. coire) since the last time you played it, so don't hesitate in giving it a shot!
Dustin Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
aTam

Banned
I may actually start up DoDs again to see the maps but I wont be able to play it very long, regardless of the excellent quality of the maps.
aTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
FunkyHippo?

Banned
Where's the screenshots? I checked the link and I can't find them.
FunkyHippo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
FuzzDad

Volunteer Moderator
http://www.trypants.com/camp/

small ones...all three maps have been released before by their owners. We herded up the owners and had them polish them off, fix any errors, rework the lighting, the sounds, etc and we got them to a near-official standard.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
IPwnJoo

Vigilance is a beautiful map. Coire is OK. But strand needs a lot of work. Don't allow axis players on the beach would be a necessary change to make the map better.
IPwnJoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #8
Shane

Volunteer Moderator
WOW, nice job FD, you r0xor!
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #9
OuChTrOnX

Volunteer Moderator
Excellent.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #10
RosietheRiveter

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Don't allow axis players on the beach would be a necessary change to make the map better.
Axis can not go on the beach on Strand.
RosietheRiveter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #11
IPwnJoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosietheRiveter View Post
Axis can not go on the beach on Strand.
Yes they can. They can get onto the sand area easily (ie. the beach.)
IPwnJoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #12
Dustin Diamond

He means behind the shingle, which axis can get to. In keeping with the spirit of charlie of old, no major changes were made to affect gameplay like that. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and i appreciate the suggestions, but unfortunately the map is final at this point and no other changes will be made.

If you've had some bad experiences with the map in the past, I'm sorry. You'll probably start seeing these maps more and more though, and it might grow on you. Certainly you don't have to like them all; I, for sure, do not like all the stock maps, but variety is the spice of life

That said, let's keep this thread to talk about the CAMP Pack in general. Comments about specific maps can be directed to their respective WIP (on the dod forums) or release threads (also found here)
Dustin Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #13
scorpio[pt]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Diamond View Post
He means behind the shingle, which axis can get to. In keeping with the spirit of charlie of old, no major changes were made to affect gameplay like that. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and i appreciate the suggestions, but unfortunately the map is final at this point and no other changes will be made.

If you've had some bad experiences with the map in the past, I'm sorry. You'll probably start seeing these maps more and more though, and it might grow on you. Certainly you don't have to like them all; I, for sure, do not like all the stock maps, but variety is the spice of life

That said, let's keep this thread to talk about the CAMP Pack in general. Comments about specific maps can be directed to their respective WIP (on the dod forums) or release threads (also found here)

great maps i am a coire [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color] i never tried vigilance but i will give it a try
scorpio[pt] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #14
K9-Cop

We've been playing various beta and release candidate versions of these maps at the 907th for months now. They are awesome maps. Nice to see them finally go final.
K9-Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #15
SmokingPlunger

Excellent. I haven't tried all of them yet (still at work) but have been running Strand on my server for some time now.

Thanks for the pack

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source