Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Level Design

Old 06-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
Cheeseman666

prop_static problems

Hi. Some of my models don't appear in game and I have read the article that lists the solution however it didnt help me. I get these errors in my compile. I thought prop_static override the current settings allowing any model to be a prop_static.

Error! prop_static using model "models/props_debris/concrete_column001a_chunk02.mdl", which must be used on a dynamic entity (i.e. prop_physics). Deleted.
Error loading studio model "models/props_debris/concrete_column001a_chunk02.mdl"!
Error! prop_static using model "models/props_wasteland/prison_toilet01.mdl", which must be used on a dynamic entity (i.e. prop_physics). Deleted.
Error loading studio model "models/props_wasteland/prison_toilet01.mdl"!
Error! prop_static using model "models/props_wasteland/prison_heater001a.mdl", which must be used on a dynamic entity (i.e. prop_physics). Deleted.
Error loading studio model "models/props_wasteland/prison_heater001a.mdl"!

Old 06-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
Lumino

I think your best bet is to just set those props to be a prop_physics, if you don't want them to move you could disable movement (is that option there? I honestly can't remember).
Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
spunkyster21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman666 View Post
I thought prop_static override the current settings allowing any model to be a prop_static.
Unfortunately that's not true. There are indeed many models that CANNOT be prop_static at all. I suspect the models you are assigning prop_static to are actually prop_physics models.

The best way, although not 100% accurate, to detemine what class a model can be is to use the "info" tab in the model browser. If it has a tick by the option "prop_static" then it can be prop_static. However, I must stress this IS NOT 100% accurate.

So, in short just change them to prop_physics or prop_dynamic, which ever they support.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
blacksmith123

Banned
OR, if you want it to have specific prop-type properties just make them prop_(whatever)_override to force it to be that kind. Personally, I never use statics, I like dynamics better because they can animate.
blacksmith123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
Angry Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmith123 View Post
OR, if you want it to have specific prop-type properties just make them prop_(whatever)_override to force it to be that kind. Personally, I never use statics, I like dynamics better because they can animate.
no offence but thats not a very smart idea, you should use statics as often as you can because their about 10x easier to render, have better lighting and can be used on most props without problem.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Level Design