Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Doom series

Old 05-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #61
RabidZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkoblast View Post
I think Chocolate is intended to be very close to original gameplay, with only bugfixes and compatability (where Vanilla is intended to emulate as many bugs as it can. It's an ice cream flavor joke. >_>) Saves usually aren't compatable, but you can just use the console on most ports to jump to the right map.
Chocolate Doom is amazing. I <3 Chocolate Doom.
RabidZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #62
ZeroSignal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkoblast View Post
I think Chocolate is intended to be very close to original gameplay, with only bugfixes and compatability (where Vanilla is intended to emulate as many bugs as it can. It's an ice cream flavor joke. >_>) Saves usually aren't compatable, but you can just use the console on most ports to jump to the right map.
Vanilla is just a term for the original engine, it's not emulating anything.

Chocolate-Doom is basically Vanilla for pretty much any OS with more or less identical game play behavior. It uses the same .cfg file and the same blur-o-vision as well.

320x200 was great in the early 90s with 15" CRT displays, but today with a typical LCD display, it looks terrible.

Although the assets in the game don't look much better in higher resolutions since they were built around the original resolution, they at least remain clear at further distances.

I'll never understand why people insist on playing in 320x200 for anything other than some nostalgia. PrBoom+ with the appropriate -complevel is all I need if I want original game play.
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #63
Mau1wurf1977

Although I am quite a purist myself, I just tried zDoom and I am impressed.

I changed the strafe keys and the mouse look and it's really making a difference. I just played the first 5 levels and flew through them. It's FUN and that's what really matters.

The graphics still have the same "blockiness" that I love in the old games. It's basically just scaled to a higher resolution. What I don't like are these "softening" filters that Steam used in the Lucasarts adventures. Thankfully they can be disabled.

Now I take it if one has a true General Midi connected you can just play the audio through that (I could change the midi device inside the game).

I do believe that Steam would have less support issues if they shipped Doom 1 and 2 with zDoom or a similar application. It's definitly more FUN to play it that way, hands down.

It even supports Widescreen and has aspect ratio correction for 5:4 LCDs (SOOOOO very rare, clearly shows someone cares).
Mau1wurf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #64
ZeroSignal

PrBoom+ also supports widescreen natively, along with 5:4 even.
ZeroSignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #65
Gray-Sylar

Can somebody write a step-by-step to make It work with Doomsday? I haven't been able to make It function.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, found It in the New Doom forums. Gonna post It here for the record in case anyone needs It:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New doom View Post
hey, i just downloaded the id mega pack off steam and have just started setting up doomsday, so far i've got everything working apart from hexen - deathkings... which i should work out later....

First I downloaded deng-1.9.0-beta6.8-setup.exe and installed it. (c:\games\doomsday)

Then I just copied the "bin", "data" and "doc" folders from where doomsday installed into (c:\games\doomsday) and pasted them into each version of dooms folder inside steam. (c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\ultimate doom, c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\doom2) etc...

so that inside the "...common\doom2" folder you should see at least four folders, the three you just pasted in from doomsday, plus a "base" folder and some .bat files

then you just gotta edit the .bat files with notepad and change it from dosbox to doomsday... ie.

"doom2.bat" and or "doom2 + mouse.bat" should look like this
.\bin\doomsday -game jdoom -file .\base\doom2.wad -width 1024 -height 768

"ultimate.bat" and or "ultimate + mouse.bat"
.\bin\doomsday -game jdoom -file .\base\doom.wad -width 1024 -height 768

"heretic.bat"
.\bin\doomsday -game jheretic -file .\base\heretic.wad -width 1024 -height 768

"hexen.bat"
.\bin\doomsday -game jhexen -file .\base\hexen.wad -width 1024 -height 768

note: i hope thats easy enough for you to understand.... there are probably less clunky ways of setting it up but this seems to work for me pretty good :P

Last edited by Gray-Sylar: 08-16-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Gray-Sylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #66
myca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray-Sylar View Post
Can somebody write a step-by-step to make It work with Doomsday? I haven't been able to make It function.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, found It in the New Doom forums. Gonna post It here for the record in case anyone needs It:
You are a star,

I just took this info and can now use Doomsday with all the extras straight from the .Bat file.

Below is the Bat file I created for Ultimate Doom using Doomsday, and the Hi Res texture pack, and various other addons.

Code:
.\bin\doomsday -def .\addons\Doom1_Soundtrack.ded -file .\addons\slide-doom-sky1.pk3 -file -file .\addons\slide-doom-sky2.pk3 -file .\addons\slide-doom-sky3.pk3 -file .\addons\slide-doom-sky4.pk3 .\addons\jdui-all-20080614.pk3 -file .\addons\deng-dhtp-20100114.pk3 -file .\addons\pk-doom-sfx-20100109.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\Required\jdrp-genericmodels.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\Required\jdrp-lightmaps.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\Required\jdrp-miscfx.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\Required\jdrp-particles.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\Required\jdrp-shinemaps.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-cell.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hanginglegs.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-revrocket.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-stonepillar.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-tree.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-rocketbox.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-painelemental.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-sssoldier.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-fists.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-impfireball.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-spectre.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-celllarge.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-headsonstick.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-spidermastermind.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-impaledtwitcher.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-firestick.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-radiationsuit.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-colongibs.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-brainstem.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-formersergeant.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-shells.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-arachnoshot.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-computermap.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-bfg.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-chaingun.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangtnobrain.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-shellbox.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-candle.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hellknight.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-bloodpools.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangingleg.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-talltorch.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-baronofhell.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-rocketlauncher.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-mediumlamp.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-stalagtite.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-formerhuman.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-bigtree.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangtlookup.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-skullkeys.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-procket.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-firecan.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-biglamp.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-medikit.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangnoleg.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangtskull.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-barrel.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-w-supershotgun.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-w-shotgun.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-bigstonepillar.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-cyberdemon.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-imp.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-w-chaingun.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-cacofireball.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangnoguts.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-cacodemon.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-healthpotion.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangnobrain.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-arachnotron.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-smalllamp.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-berzerkpack.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-w-bfg.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-candelabra.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangbyfeet.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-skullpillar.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-keycards.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-w-chainsaw.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-invulnerability.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-mancfireball.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-armor.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-soulsphere.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-bosscube.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-lostsoul.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-keen.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-demon.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-headcandles.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-w-rocketlauncher.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-ammobox.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-supershotgun.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-plasmashot.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-rocket.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-chainsaw.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-lightgoggles.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-spinalcolumn.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-shotgun.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-headonastick.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-megasphere.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-w-plasmarifle.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-floatingskulls.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangtorso.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-evileye.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-revenant.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-pistol.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-archvile.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-spiritualarmor.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-player.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-stalag.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-bfgshot.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-techpillar.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-stimpack.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-heartpillar.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-baronfireball.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hangtlookdn.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-mancubus.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-formercommando.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-hud-plasmarifle.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-backpack.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-ammoclip.1.01.pk3 -file .\addons\jdrp.box\jdrp-invisibility.1.01.pk3 -sfxchan 16 -texcomp -wh 1680 1050 -game jDoom.dll -iwad .\base\doom.wad -bpp 32
exit
myca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #67
DOOMJESUS

Banned
i think Risen3D has the best single player experience yet.
http://risen3d.drdteam.org/
it is very simple, grab every file from their download page and install them all, about 200mb...
i think doomsday will forever be broken, i gave up on it a long time ago.
DOOMJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:37 AM   #68
spyder2314

Skulltag instructions:

You can add the skulltag engine to steam by downloading the zip installer(v. .98c) (may not be the latest version, try going to the main site and downloading the zipped up install) and extracting it to */Steam/Steamapps/Common/(insert doom game name here)/base. then migrating to the previous directory and editing the "* + mouse.bat" file and replacing it with this: (MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU EDIT IT!!!)
Example code for doom 2:
Code:
.\base\skulltag.exe -iwad doom2.wad
of course the *.wad file will be different if you are modifying tnt or plutonia or whatever.

Playing mods on skulltag:

the most important commmand parameters to remember for skulltag when playing custom wads are:

-iwad [name of iwad]
-file [name of pwad]

so titan would look like this:

.\base\skulltag.exe -file titan.wad -iwad doom2.wad

Last edited by spyder2314: 08-31-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #69
dakronic

this dont help why dont they do patche fix dosbox.exe stopped worrking LAMER STEAM
dakronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #70
spyder2314

because dosbox isn't made or written by Valve....

Valve isn't going to maintain a program if they did not write it in the first place; that's like asking Valve to patch WoW.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosbox
Old 11-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #71
self_slaughter

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

lol, that was my post from ages ago... funny the that pops up from time to time :P
self_slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #72
self_slaughter

Skulltag Batch Files

Having just tried out the skulltag engine I have to say that I like it a lot. :P Skulltag keeps all settings for all games in one config file so in this case it's a lot easier to just have one install of it.

In my case I extracted the st-v098d_windows.zip to C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skulltag

Then edited the batch files as shown:

Note: Batch files available here on mediafire ready to just extract into Steam\steamapps\common
  • Ultimate Doom (ultimate.bat / ultimate + mouse.bat)
    Code:
    ..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\base\doom.wad
  • Doom 2 (doom2.bat / doom2 + mouse.bat)
    Code:
    ..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\base\doom2.wad
  • Final Doom - Plutonia (plutonia.bat / plutonia + mouse.bat)
    Code:
    ..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\base\plutonia.wad
  • Final Doom - TNT (tnt.bat / tnt + mouse.bat)
    Code:
    ..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\base\tnt.wad
  • Heretic (heretic.bat)
    Code:
    ..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\base\heretic.wad
  • Hexen (hexen.bat)
    Code:
    ..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\base\hexen.wad
  • Hexen - Death Kings (HexenDK.bat)
    Code:
    ..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\base\hexdd.wad

:update

Master Levels for Doom II (master.bat)
Code:
@echo off
cls
:menu
echo 浜様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様
echo             Master Levels for Doom II            
echo 麺様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様
echo    1)  Attack                                    
echo    2)  Black Tower                               
echo    3)  Bloodsea Keep                             
echo    4)  Canyon                                    
echo    5)  The Catwalk                               
echo    6)  The Combine                               
echo    7)  The Fistula                               
echo    8)  The Garrison                              
echo    9)  Geryon: 6th Canto of INFERNO              
echo    10) Titan Manor                               
echo    11) Mephisto's Maosoleum                      
echo    12) Mino's Judgement: 4th Canto of INFERNO    
echo    13) Nessus: 5th Canto of INFERNO              
echo    14) Paradox                                   
echo    15) Subspace                                  
echo    16) Subterra                                  
echo    17) The Express Elevator to Hell              
echo    18) Trapped on Titan                          
echo    19) Vesperas: 7th Canto of INFERNO            
echo    20) Virgil's Lead: 3rd Canto of INFERNO       
echo 藩様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様
set /p m=Choose a number and press enter (Q Quits): 
if %m%==1 goto attack
if %m%==2 goto blacktwr
if %m%==3 goto bloodsea
if %m%==4 goto canyon
if %m%==5 goto catwalk
if %m%==6 goto combine
if %m%==7 goto fistula
if %m%==8 goto garrison
if %m%==9 goto geryon
if %m%==10 goto manor
if %m%==11 goto mephisto
if %m%==12 goto minos
if %m%==13 goto nessus
if %m%==14 goto paradox
if %m%==15 goto subspace
if %m%==16 goto subterra
if %m%==17 goto teeth
if %m%==18 goto ttrap
if %m%==19 goto vesperas
if %m%==20 goto virgil
if %m%==Q goto end
if %m%==q goto end

goto end

:attack
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\attack.wad +map map01
goto end

:blacktwr
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\blacktwr.wad +map map25
goto end

:bloodsea
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\bloodsea.wad +map map07
goto end

:canyon
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\canyon.wad +map map01
goto end

:catwalk
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\catwalk.wad +map map01
goto end

:combine
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\combine.wad +map map01
goto end

:fistula
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\fistula.wad +map map01
goto end

:garrison
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\garrison.wad +map map01
goto end

:geryon
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\geryon.wad +map map08
goto end

:manor
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\manor.wad +map map01
goto end

:mephisto
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\mephisto.wad +map map07
goto end

:minos
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\minos.wad +map map05
goto end

:nessus
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\nessus.wad +map map07
goto end

:paradox
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\paradox.wad +map map01
goto end

:subspace
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\subspace.wad +map map01
goto end

:subterra
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\subterra.wad +map map01
goto end

:teeth
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\teeth.wad +map map31
goto end

:ttrap
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\ttrap.wad +map map01
goto end

:vesperas
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\vesperas.wad +map map09
goto end

:virgil
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\virgil.wad +map map03
goto end

:end
cls
echo.
echo Created by self_slaughter for the steam forums
echo.
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 -w 1000 > NUL
Sorry for the length of this post, just thought it might help people, let me know if you have some suggestions / requests

Last edited by self_slaughter: 01-14-2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: just noticed that catwalk was still referring to attack.wad whoops :P
self_slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #73
BlackmarketK

Thanks a lot for this info, I've been using source ports for my DOOM engine games for awhile, but now I have them linked to the launcher in Steam, which is awesome.

Is there any way to have Steam track the time you spend playing your DOOM iWads through a source port? Or is the only way to have your game time recorded by playing through DosBox?

I see that it tracks the last time you launched a DOOM game through the Steam menu, but it doesn't track the time you spend playing.

EDIT: Never mind, Steam doesn't seem to track the DosBox emulated games at all, even when running them from the client without a source port. Bit of a bummer, but it looks like I'm all set now.

Last edited by BlackmarketK: 12-11-2010 at 07:09 AM.
BlackmarketK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #74
mjc0961

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_slaughter View Post
Master Levels for Doom II (master.bat)
Code:
@echo off
cls
:menu
echo 浜様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様
echo             Master Levels for Doom II            
echo 麺様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様
echo    1)  Attack                                    
echo    2)  Black Tower                               
echo    3)  Bloodsea Keep                             
echo    4)  Canyon                                    
echo    5)  The Catwalk                               
echo    6)  The Combine                               
echo    7)  The Fistula                               
echo    8)  The Garrison                              
echo    9)  Geryon: 6th Canto of INFERNO              
echo    10) Titan Manor                               
echo    11) Mephisto's Maosoleum                      
echo    12) Mino's Judgement: 4th Canto of INFERNO    
echo    13) Nessus: 5th Canto of INFERNO              
echo    14) Paradox                                   
echo    15) Subspace                                  
echo    16) Subterra                                  
echo    17) The Express Elevator to Hell              
echo    18) Trapped on Titan                          
echo    19) Vesperas: 7th Canto of INFERNO            
echo    20) Virgil's Lead: 3rd Canto of INFERNO       
echo 藩様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様様
set /p m=Choose a number and press enter (Q Quits): 
if %m%==1 goto attack
if %m%==2 goto blacktwr
if %m%==3 goto bloodsea
if %m%==4 goto canyon
if %m%==5 goto catwalk
if %m%==6 goto combine
if %m%==7 goto fistula
if %m%==8 goto garrison
if %m%==9 goto geryon
if %m%==10 goto manor
if %m%==11 goto mephisto
if %m%==12 goto minos
if %m%==13 goto nessus
if %m%==14 goto paradox
if %m%==15 goto subspace
if %m%==16 goto subterra
if %m%==17 goto teeth
if %m%==18 goto ttrap
if %m%==19 goto vesperas
if %m%==20 goto virgil
if %m%==Q goto end
if %m%==q goto end

goto end

..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\attack.wad +map map01
goto end

:blacktwr
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\blacktwr.wad +map map25
goto end

:bloodsea
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\bloodsea.wad +map map07
goto end

:canyon
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\canyon.wad +map map01
goto end

:catwalk
goto end

:combine
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\combine.wad +map map01
goto end

:fistula
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\fistula.wad +map map01
goto end

:garrison
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\garrison.wad +map map01
goto end

:geryon
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\geryon.wad +map map08
goto end

:manor
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\manor.wad +map map01
goto end

:mephisto
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\mephisto.wad +map map07
goto end

:minos
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\minos.wad +map map05
goto end

:nessus
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\nessus.wad +map map07
goto end

:paradox
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\paradox.wad +map map01
goto end

:subspace
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\subspace.wad +map map01
goto end

:subterra
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\subterra.wad +map map01
goto end

:teeth
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\teeth.wad +map map31
goto end

:ttrap
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\ttrap.wad +map map01
goto end

:vesperas
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\vesperas.wad +map map09
goto end

:virgil
..\skulltag\skulltag.exe -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\virgil.wad +map map03
goto end

:end
cls
echo.
echo Created by self_slaughter for the steam forums
echo.
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 -w 1000 > NUL
Thanks a ton for this! A few quick replacements of the skulltag.exe to whatever source port you and and it works for all of them (I got it working in ZDoom). You made it very simple, thanks a million!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:18 AM   #75
AtlasRapture

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that, now all thats lacking is to get Steam to notice that i'm playing it.

Edit:

How do I get Doom 2 The Master Levels working in Doomsday? I've tried the code posted by self_slaughter but obviously modified it a bit so its now this:

..\bin\doomsday.exe -game jdoom -file -iwad .\doom2\doom2.wad -file .\master\wads\attack.wad +map map01 -width 1280 -height 1024
goto end

And all it does is go to a blank screen and the little white circle appears moves round a bit then stops and crashes the program. Any ideas?

Last edited by AtlasRapture: 12-29-2010 at 04:15 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Doom series