Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Advent Rising

Old 12-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
GAC

I was going down through the forums and I saw this... Advent rising is on steam? Going to download it now to play again. ^^ (Played it on xbox)
My bro played it on computer, he said for skipping issues there is just a number on one of the files you had to change, but this wasn't the steam version. xD
Who knows, with it being on steam maybe more people who are interested in a sequel will appear and they will make it.
Psychonauts dude said here recently with it being on steam they have enough of a fanbase now to make another one, if they can get a publisher or w/e.
GAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #17
dlorT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC View Post
I was going down through the forums and I saw this... Advent rising is on steam? Going to download it now to play again. ^^ (Played it on xbox)
My bro played it on computer, he said for skipping issues there is just a number on one of the files you had to change, but this wasn't the steam version. xD
Who knows, with it being on steam maybe more people who are interested in a sequel will appear and they will make it.
Psychonauts dude said here recently with it being on steam they have enough of a fanbase now to make another one, if they can get a publisher or w/e.
Not true the original Devs started their own company called Chair entertainment which was aquired by EPIC Games a year or so back. Their website is down now, usually when EPIC aquires a company they pull a microsoft and disperse them across their entire company so the Mustard Brothers, WHO WERE THE ONES THAT WROTE THE STORY, Orson Scott Card only wrote the dialoug. Probably have no say in what projects they work on now, which is a shame because Chair released some awesome 360 Arcade titles prior to being bought out by Epic. But back to my point Majesco owns the Intellectual Property Right to the Series, not the Mustard brothers, so unless they're willing to request IP rights or take Majesco to court there will never be another Advent game. Also don't count on EPIC ever being interested in something that isn't Unreal or Gears of War, they're primarily out for selling the Unreal engine, not making games. The only way you'll ever get a finished story is if they release it as a book. Or someone with a lot of money buys IP rights to the game from Majesco.

That being said i considered starting a grassroots project to raise money to buy the rights to the IP and then have the community make the sequel, but that would be absolutely hopeless and a waste of time.
dlorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #18
talkingwires

I played this on the Xbox, and loved it. Sure, it had some major flaws and more than a few bugs, but I loved it just the same. Too bad the planned trilogy fizzled out, because I would've been first in line for the next one.
talkingwires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
Trenchgun

The overall story and directing style is excellent.
The acting could be better.

The PC version doesn't have any problems with bugs, performance, or controls, so that's probably why it scored higher.

I enjoyed it, but there was a lot of untapped potential here in terms of gameplay.
I think the main issue is that they didn't put enough time into testing and balancing the combat itself, to streamline the execution of all your abilities and better define the kind of tactics one should use.

It's been a long time since I played it, but I seem to remember most combat being somewhat trivial in execution, being too easy, especially once you start using certain powers.

I would often do things differently and try out unique tactics just for the fun of it, so in that sense the combat system was only as interesting as you made it. But I can see this being the one major flaw of the game, was that the gameplay wasn't refined enough, was too sloppy.

I still enjoyed it to the end, so I'd recommend getting it.
Trenchgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #20
shreddface

Interesting wonder why they didn't just scrap that option. Still, love the game
shreddface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #21
Sir_Brizz

WTF? The Chair website is still up and they will remain a separate entity just owned by Epic Games. Chair has made two of simply the most awesome games to come out in the past few years, Shadow Complex and Infinity Blade. Now if only they would get those games on more platforms. Shadow Complex alone would be a supermassiveblackhole of money if they released it on Steam with Steamworks.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #22
dlorT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
WTF? The Chair website is still up and they will remain a separate entity just owned by Epic Games. Chair has made two of simply the most awesome games to come out in the past few years, Shadow Complex and Infinity Blade. Now if only they would get those games on more platforms. Shadow Complex alone would be a supermassiveblackhole of money if they released it on Steam with Steamworks.
As of the time when I posted that their website was down for over a week. It does seem to be back up now.
dlorT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Advent Rising