Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Windows)

Old 09-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Spork232

TF2 map changing

Everytime I try to change a map via the server console or through rcon, it kicks everyone and tells them "server shutting down"

But all its doing is changing the map.

I'm simply doing "map cp_dustbowl"

Anyone else have this issue? any other (better?) way to change the map manually, without kicking everyone?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
Seppuldura

Try to use "changelevel cp_dustbowl".
Seppuldura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
baditude

I am having this issue as well, the server will actually timeout on HLSW while changing maps. I don't personally get kicked while changing maps, now that the server is automatically changing maps every 30 mins (mp_timelimit "30"), but when I was changing maps with HLSW or console it would kick everyone. My main problem now is excessively long wait times at map change. Anyone know a fix for this? Is there a redirect procedure to allow faster download of server files?

Thx in advance for any advice,
Old 09-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
Cruiser

As Seppuldura said, you MUST use changelevel. From my time using HLSW years ago, I think it gives you a list of ways to to it, so you need to select 'changelevel'

'map xx' forces everyone to disconnect by design.
Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
TheMG

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by baditude View Post
My main problem now is excessively long wait times at map change. Anyone know a fix for this? Is there a redirect procedure to allow faster download of server files?

Thx in advance for any advice,
That pretty much comes down to server performance. If you (or your server provider) is trying to squeeze every little bit of available resources out of their machines, maps will load slow. The more available CPU and RAM the faster. Hard drive also a factor.

Generally server loading times for TF2 seems to be around 3-8 seconds. If you're within that range you're fine, if it's taking longer then there's a performance issue you have to look into.
TheMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
baditude

wow, 3-8 seconds. I would say more like 30 seconds to 1 minute. So maybe there is a machine loading issue at my provider. Cheers, thanks for the suggestion.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Windows)