Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 10-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #1
microtex

Huge Problem IN TF2

I'm sure valve is aware but wanted to post it anyways. In the menu selection screen in TF 2 ONLY the game freezes and it has been happening quite a bit since the last update. It happens only in the menu selection screen in TF2. It is def not happening to me only.

Also it seems after games end that it rarely ever goes back to the menu selection screen. It just sits there idle forcing you to back out. These problems may be related and what is causing the game to freeze. BTW I didn't have these problems before the update, dunno if these problems occurred for anyone else before the update either.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #2
H0M3GR0WN

I'm only having freezing when trying to find a different game. Usually after I just played one. Never happens in game but TF2 is still loaded and freezes, causing me to restart console.

Never a freeze in game, just in the menu itself, pre/post Title Update. Happened 3 times last night and about 6-8 others since launch! We have faith in you Valve!!!!! TF2 is awesome!!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
microtex

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0M3GR0WN View Post
I'm only having freezing when trying to find a different game. Usually after I just played one. Never happens in game but TF2 is still loaded and freezes, causing me to restart console.

Never a freeze in game, just in the menu itself, pre/post Title Update. Happened 3 times last night and about 6-8 others since launch! We have faith in you Valve!!!!! TF2 is awesome!!!!
Exactly the problem that is happening to me. This needs to be fixed asap as it really hinders being able to play the game. Also it is a pretty big deal because restarting your 360 a lot will eventually lead to the 3 red rings of death.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
uselessrocker

I can't ever log into a server. I can browse servers, but about halfway through the "Sending Client Info" part of the loading screen my game freezes and has to be restarted. I've had no problem playing TF2 in pre-launch Beta. This only started happening the day after the official release. It's really irritating.
uselessrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
No9

here too

freezes after playing a match while lookin for a new one,
have to restart 360
No9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
hajimari

I get the problem when trying to get into a game after I just finished one, the console locks up and I have to manually turn it on and off. I hope they fix this glitch because other then that it's a really fun game.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
nvisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by No9 View Post
here too

freezes after playing a match while lookin for a new one,
have to restart 360
Same for me...
Old 10-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
SApprentice

Red face 360 game Freeze

Here is my issue: I play a ranked match in TF2, then I try to play another ranked match and it freezes ...the entire console . Also, if I try to host a ranked match or play/host a player match, it begins the game and THEN freezes my console . I have not tested yet if you can quit to the title menu and reenter TF2 and clear the problem, thats next.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #9
TF2lagsfixit

I have had this "crashing" problem with TF2, and with HL2. Usually only when its loading maps. (I have not tried the episodes yet, and I was able to play through Portal with no problems.)

Lockups are effecting more than just TF2.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #10
VoodooSix

my box freezes as well, usually on a loading screen or right after a match (if i dont loose connection 1st!)
Old 10-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #11
hajimari

Anyone know if they've fixed the frozen console problem yet?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #12
oilslickshoes

I'm having exactly the same problem. I throw the game in, play a round just fine, then the match hangs at the end and eventually gives me a disconnected error. Hmm not very intuitive. Did my stats get updated? Doesn't look like it. Did I even get points for completing the match..hmm I don't know, maybe.

Then I go into the menu and boom, lock up. Power down, restart and pray that the I don't see red. Occasionally it will let me get as far as searching for another ranked game but it will freeze while it's searching. This happens every game I play and I have to literally power down the 360 and start it back up to play again.

To be honest I really love the game , but as far as functionality and the ui design goes this game could have used a little more time in the oven. I've played almost all of Valves games on the PC and have been a fan for years. This is the first time I thought I'd give the 360 a try being that my surround sound system and the couch = comfort. Let's hope Valve is working out the kinks and we can play more than one game without the temptation of chucking the thing out the window.

Cheers!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #13
thedge

Add me to the list. I am having the exact same problems. After I play at least one round, I freeze either looking for a new match or at the loading screen. I have not to turn my xbox off, I can't hit the xbox button or anything.

This along with the lag issues and disconnects while playing are the most annoying things that really need fixed. I do understand that SOME lag issues are caused by poor hosts, but there definitely seem to be other issues.
thedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #14
MMXBL

Banned
Same problem here.
MMXBL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box