Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 AM   #16
vertex.mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
Get rid of the Intel Application Accelerator.
not help

steam platforma not update

Old 11-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #17
phoenix_1619

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
Try disabling the firewall all together.
Nope...nada

Switched the Firewall off completely but still can't update past 30%...same "Steam temp Unavailable" message

Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #18
T!nky

yes.. i have too this problem... bacouse when i delete clientregistry.blob my steam cant update..(30%-60% and restarting)... i from Russia too:-\

Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #19
idolminds

This seems to be the new, larger thread on the subject. I am also having this problem, also on XP and dialup. Did everything suggested, deleted the .blob, reinstalled entirely, firewall exceptions confirmed, ran without firewall at all, etc. The problem remains. As I said in the other thread, Steam is generating a .mdmp file, which seems to be a crash report? I can upload mine if its requested.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #20
vertex.mix

HELP ME PEOPLE STEAM PLATFORMA NOT UPDATE

Old 11-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #21
Tri_71st

Ive tried it all

I have tried all the so called solutions and I get what everyone gets no up date.First Steam starts to update,goes to 28% then closes then starts the platform update gets to 36% and then stops and starts 3 times then says steam sever is no longer avalible.Im also on dial up but not by choice but have to if I want to use the web. Please help.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #22
vertex.mix

PLEASE HELP

Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #23
KillahInstinct

Volunteer Moderator
The following links (and their suggestions) might be helpful:
- Steam Problem: Download always stalls at a certain percentage
- Steam Problem: Stalled download (particularly the ClientRegistry.blob part)
Old 11-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #24
Tri_71st

sry Killah done the first one no good cant get to the part of downloading a game for the second to even help

Old 11-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #25
dark_assasin178

that has been the same case for everyone who is new or is installing a fresh new install of steam. steam is ignoring these problems and that guy who always thinks hes helping by putting urls to possible solutions is just being ??? now. i get it u wanna help but u might want to look around and see that the problem isnt anything to do with the client KillahInstinct y dont u uninstall steam delet ur gcfs and reinstall steam and u will know what we are talking about...

Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #26
KillahInstinct

Volunteer Moderator
Just making sure no (possible) solution is overlooked

Don't have Steam installed currently, my new laptop arrives Friday - so I can't try your suggestion *fingers crossed*
Old 11-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #27
dark_assasin178

Quote:
Originally Posted by idolminds View Post
This seems to be the new, larger thread on the subject. I am also having this problem, also on XP and dialup. Did everything suggested, deleted the .blob, reinstalled entirely, firewall exceptions confirmed, ran without firewall at all, etc. The problem remains. As I said in the other thread, Steam is generating a .mdmp file, which seems to be a crash report? I can upload mine if its requested.
hey thats intresting.. id like to see how u got that.. so if steams making us download a crash report then y dont they fix it now rather than ignore it..
typical steam a suggestion may be to try a pre installed steam like the steam folder from a frend and launch steam with that i dont know if it will actually work or not

Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 AM   #28
KillahInstinct

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by idolminds View Post
Please contact Support with the .mdmp file - which is indeed a crash report.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #29
Ca-Chicken-Soup

Guess I'll post here too, I'm getting the same thing.
Starts at 0%, jumps to 28% then downloads to 32% and restarts. Downloads around 750-850kb before it resets the connection... Deleted client blob, and also the steam dlls that the steam support told me too but still same symptoms.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:08 AM   #30
StianLeRoux

I am wondering why isnt steam technical team not doing anything about the problem come on guys help us.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips