Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 11-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Half-Mule

Banned
The Orange Box Episode 2 Demo *Basic Spoilers*

Ok, demos are getting bigger and bigger in size nowadays, and they are also getting shorter and shorter in gameplay time. But I really must say that the Episode 2 demo is the shortest least gameplay mechanic 'show off' demo i've ever played. Ok sure, just after it ends contains a spoiler scene in a way; but really, we didn't even get to use any guns, only the gravity gun, which for this particular level, you barely even get to use anyway.
Sure the demo did show off the new graphics and world physics (cinematic), but it didnt really show the amazing gameplay that Half-Life 2 has to offer.
It's length! OMFG! GOELGFAGNEF!!!!!! I didn't even contain all of the already pretty short first level! It could have atleast showed off the hunter by including the Alyx getting stabbed scene and then fading into black, instead of when you walk out the tunnel the game randomly fades to black and game over.

It's a fantastic game, sure; It's one of my most favorite of all time. But I think the demo really blowed.

Also the Blacksite demo (I thought it was great) but it was so short! It was longer than the ep 2 one but still. wowowowwwow short!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Grievous117

its a....demo?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
You are not going to be able to use the new bending physic with the gravity gun what I have noticed.

It's mostly new shadows and a better look on the game. With loads of great gameplay. Also there are no new guns except for one thing and the guns have thou new sounds so you should hurry.
Zefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:09 AM   #4
Half-Mule

Banned
What? bending new physics with the gravity gun?

By world or cinematic physics i implied an big event, like the railway bridge collapse or the houses exploding at the end from the striders.

And grievous i know its a demo, im just mainly talking about its length more than anything, i personally think its incredibly short for a demo and if a person who was considering buying the Orange Box (and hasnt played HL2) it wont show them the weapons avaliable. I belive it would have been better to show off some of the hive, where you start to collect guns and the intense antlion fights. Maybe include some of the antlion stand off in the central shaft.
Half-Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Well when the bridge fall down the metal bars bend quite a bit and Gravity gun can't really make that happen what I have noticed.

The house blowing up is only one part and if you are good that won't happen.
Zefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
Half-Mule

Banned
I dont understand what your point is. If you're saying that the gravity gun cant do those things then I know. Those 'events' happen from some other cause like a portal storm or a laser shooting.
Half-Mule is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box