Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alpha Prime

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
RadDog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Reputation: 3
Posts: 69
Is this game hard or what?

Anybody else find this fps a real challenge? I never thought I'd get out of the scene protecting Warren; had 2 health left and I had to do it on easy! Now I'm hitting and getting hit by all kinds of rockets on the way to the old mining site.
Any advice for someone who THOUGHT they were pretty good a FPS games?
(Shoot, I took Half-life and its offspring all the way through on hard.)

While I like the scenery I find the aiming and movement a little stilted, jumpy, could it be my system? 1 gig ram w/GeForce 6800 (updated drivers) or do others find it a little less than seamless.

Final comment, I'm having a lot of fun playing it even though I'm frustrated at times!
RadDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Zefar
 
Zefar's Avatar
 
Volunteer Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Reputation: 4310
Posts: 28,121
When I was at a lan party where we just played some games vs each other I got to try it out on my friends PC.

I played on normal and boy did it surprised me on how hard it actually was. >.>

Enemy AI have aimbots. And due to most weapons having good aim it just gets anoyingly hard.
As soon as they have seen you they know where you are through walls and react pretty fast.

The weapons are somewhat ok and I hate those robots because if they see you and can get a aim on you they will shoot you like 10+ times without a problem. God I was anoyed by those bots. Well they don't beat those lvl 2 Robots that instantly shoots back once you used the Sniper rifle or any other rifle for the matter and they find you within 0.1 sec and kills you in 5. Whooopee

Oh you wanna know where to go?
Well after those rocket turrets as you only need to drive by them with the car and they shouldn't hit you if you are able to keep up the speed. Just drive to the Shield fence and jump out from the car. Head to the edge of the canion and you will find a place where you can keep walking on.

Follow the trail and it should be pretty easy. The turrets can be taken down by normal firing on them and you can take them out from a blind spot once you gotten past them. Take out all those small robots with snipers, like 2 shots each.
Zefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
Tipperton
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Reputation: 33
Posts: 1,516
Yeah, I played this game on easy and found it very frustratingly hard at times, and pretty easy at others.

The thing that bugged me the most about the game was how wildly varying the difficulty balance was. As you moved through the game and from one area to the next you could go from easy to near impossible, then back to easy, then to hard, then to challenging, then back to near impossible, then to easy... anyway, you get the picture.

I finally got through the game but there was a number of times I was so close to just deleting it and walking away in frustration.

It was a good game but considering the frustration factor, I doubt I'll ever buy another Black Element game.
Tipperton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
RadDog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Reputation: 3
Posts: 69
That might work! But I found, after walking the path and taking out the electric shock orbs, killing the guard and deactivating the post I just ran to the car and sped to the next station dodging most of the rockets, (too bad you can't run the orbs over, I tried,) then at the next station do the same and I was through and at full health.
I appreciate the reply though! Maybe I'll have to play it again to take out the rocket launchers...still, I really had trouble with the scene where I had to defend Warren. Died many, many times before scraping through!
RadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
MADDOGGE
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 11467
Posts: 26,173
Frankly this was the first game I couldn't finish without cheat codes
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #6
cocokiwi
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb HELP! I,m Stuck in a Stinky Locker room

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDog View Post
That might work! But I found, after walking the path and taking out the electric shock orbs, killing the guard and deactivating the post I just ran to the car and sped to the next station dodging most of the rockets, (too bad you can't run the orbs over, I tried,) then at the next station do the same and I was through and at full health.
I appreciate the reply though! Maybe I'll have to play it again to take out the rocket launchers...still, I really had trouble with the scene where I had to defend Warren. Died many, many times before scraping through!


I,m Stuck, I,m in the Locker room Portable LCD looking and talking to Bruce!
How the hell do I get out of there? I back tracked and the Doors locked out! I,ve wondered around,Got to be a VENT somewhere,there were many Earlier,Stood out like sore thumb! I loved the Italian Guy with the Accent! Funny!Well! I got past it! Now I,m driving,I got rid of the Rocket Launchers and found a path that you goto by the Train Support with the Car Bars in front,going up the rocks you will see a Ramp across the gap,follow it round till you hit a clear area,WATCH IT as you enter there are TWO Mines in there,
one very close to the entery location! Sucker is nasty,if they pick you up they will figure where you are and rocket in your direction and Explode!
See them before They see you and ZAP them! Once in the clear area Less mines,there is a Oxy device under the square mesh,you need to clear the area so you can go under the pipe's by the boxes! once through you will climb the gap and stick to the left you will see the Machine as you crest the hill,If you go down you cannot get back,just as when you switch cars you cannot either!
I found noway to turn off the Force field at either end(HOW) I went into the Guard shack took out the guard in both locations(where's the Switch? All thats on the fence is a OXy unit(big help!) Keeps one alive though!
Help!
Cheers Dennis

Last edited by cocokiwi: 07-05-2009 at 04:17 AM. Reason: more stuff
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
MADDOGGE
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 11467
Posts: 26,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocokiwi View Post


I,m Stuck, I,m in the Locker room Portable LCD looking and talking to Bruce!
How the hell do I get out of there? I back tracked and the Doors locked out! I,ve wondered around,Got to be a VENT somewhere,there were many Earlier,Stood out like sore thumb! I loved the Italian Guy with the Accent! Funny!Well! I got past it! Now I,m driving,I got rid of the Rocket Launchers and found a path that you goto by the Train Support with the Car Bars in front,going up the rocks you will see a Ramp across the gap,follow it round till you hit a clear area,WATCH IT as you enter there are TWO Mines in there,
one very close to the entery location! Sucker is nasty,if they pick you up they will figure where you are and rocket in your direction and Explode!
See them before They see you and ZAP them! Once in the clear area Less mines,there is a Oxy device under the square mesh,you need to clear the area so you can go under the pipe's by the boxes! once through you will climb the gap and stick to the left you will see the Machine as you crest the hill,If you go down you cannot get back,just as when you switch cars you cannot either!
I found noway to turn off the Force field at either end(HOW) I went into the Guard shack took out the guard in both locations(where's the Switch? All thats on the fence is a OXy unit(big help!) Keeps one alive though!
Help!
Cheers Dennis
There is no faqs on gamefaqs so no use sending you there. Quite frankly it's been two years at least since I played and I don't even remember driving in the game. LOL You might check and see if there is a no clip cheat. Frankly I liked this game but it is the only one I ever had to cheat on; so I do know that there are some cheat codes. Hopefully someone who knows exactly where you are at will come along and spring yah without resorting to them.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
XerNivek
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocokiwi View Post

I found noway to turn off the Force field at either end(HOW) I went into the Guard shack took out the guard in both locations(where's the Switch? All thats on the fence is a OXy unit(big help!) Keeps one alive though!
Help!
Cheers Dennis
The switches are in the guard rooms. I believe they are red levers on the wall... look closely and you'll see them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
RadDog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Reputation: 3
Posts: 69
stuck in stinky locker room!

PHEW!
Been a long time since I played but I do remember running around chasing my own backside. If it's the same place then look for a knocked over locker and you'll see a grate it doesn't look like you can reach...but you can! Jump up, down, punch it out and get on your way.
Hope that's the right scene dude, sorry for the delay in responding...and go get 'em!
RadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:07 AM   #10
Redboy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 30
Posts: 1,574
Finished for second times. Enemy AI has too sharp shooter I felt so annoyed because it not right they shoot at me like blink before my eyes. I can't ran into open space because likely will die, so everytime I went to corner for lean and shoot them. Lean that what won me
Redboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
bobsbarricades
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Reputation: 566
Posts: 4,106
I think this game is hard...just to be hard. The AI isn't especially good, it's just the situations that they put you in.

I think the deception is pretty solid. I really enjoy that kind of stuff.
bobsbarricades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #12
mriguy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 262
Posts: 1,617
I wish there was a setting between normal and hard.

I usually play all my games on hard. Not that I am a great player, I just feel I get a better appreciation for level design when I have to struggle. This game is impossible in hard, it kind of reminds me of realistic mode in 'Far Cry'. The AI will never miss and the level designer loves to put an enemy in areas you can't see before you get shot.

After getting to level 3 I decided that I was no longer having fun with the game in hard difficulty. Normal seems a little easy, but like I mentioned, I am only on level 3.

It's a good game, I don't like Paolo and hope he gets killed. I have the graphics all maxed out. My only complaint is that they are a little too crisp. Levels seem to lack atmosphere (particle effects, haze, smoke etc...)

Sometimes I think I am having trouble because I have been feeding on console fps ports for so long. Maybe I am just rusty.

Last edited by mriguy: 03-19-2011 at 05:00 PM.
mriguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #13
SPG
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 565
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDog
Anybody else find this fps a real challenge? I never thought I'd get out of the scene protecting Warren; had 2 health left and I had to do it on easy!
You poor thing, I had 3 health, but did it on normal. Don't you just love how they don't give you any health right after this.
SPG is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alpha Prime


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.