Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source

Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #16
Koblentz

And recoil control is a skill! Eventually you'll learn to control your recoil when standing well enough that going prone won't offer any benefit except concealment behind low cover.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #17
Paco

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Good post Shane!!!

I have a little noob question.
Despite I'm a noob and I suck I want to know if sniper can hold his breath for a seconds to shoot accuratelly.

Thanks
Well, there is a command to get steady for a while or not?
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #18
Koblentz

No, there is not. Crouching and going prone will reduce scope sway. Though, a skilled sniper doesn't need to worry about sway because they don't spend more than a fraction of a second looking through the scope.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #19
Tannekr

Be unpredictable
Tannekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #20
laesperanzapaz

noob here: how do you reduce the machine gun recoil? I know you "decouch" or whatever the word is, by pressing MOUSE2 secondary fire [default] but it does nothing! THe thing is, secondary fire works on all the other classes, but on the machine gun holding guy, it doesn't!
Old 07-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
Koblentz

You right-click when prone or when at an object that is waist-high to deploy the bipod.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #22
laesperanzapaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koblentz View Post
You right-click when prone or when at an object that is waist-high to deploy the bipod.
1. by 'prone' you mean crouch? sorry, english is not my first language

2. what does COF stand for? i hear people arguing this al round this forum
Old 07-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #23
Koblentz

Prone means to lie down. The default key is Z.

The CoF (cone of fire) refers to the accuracy of the weapons. This is modeled by a cone originating at the muzzle of your weapon. Usually CoF is a reference to the cone of fire being too large; i.e. the weapon is too inaccurate.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
moodle992

Banned
make sure when you are using k98 rifle u have cover(wall,fence,sandbag), so u can recharge your gun safely. this is most in portent in close range combat.
moodle992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #25
Chan007

When sniping, if an enemy gets within 5 feet or so of you, you're better off trying to shoot them with the rifle without scoping than using the pistol. No scope shots are usually accurate within an area just above your crosshair.
Chan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #26
JimmyJimmington

no scopes fire in a center weighted cone around your crosshair (even though its invisible) just like any other weapon. There is no above or below or to the side.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:31 AM   #27
Callius

Ok, guys can someone explain what is the difference between DOD:s and DOD:s Beta?
Callius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:11 AM   #28
comcastftw1266

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callius View Post
Ok, guys can someone explain what is the difference between DOD:s and DOD:s Beta?
No difference really except some added content in the beta.
comcastftw1266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 AM   #29
Col.Krust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koblentz View Post
The CoF (cone of fire) refers to the accuracy of the weapons. This is modeled by a cone originating at the muzzle of your weapon. Usually CoF is a reference to the cone of fire being too large; i.e. the weapon is too inaccurate.
When we talk about COF fix we don't mean a change in the size of the cone of fire...but rather a switch to one that is center-weighted. in default dod:s before the update your shot had a equal chance of landing anywhere within "the cone" ( a uniform distribution). since the update shots are center-weighted meaning most land towards the center of the cone (sort of like a bell curve if you will centered around the center of the cone). This makes shooting more consistent with less wtf moments in general...and was the thing most folks wanted in this update more than anything.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #30
Fazer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by comcastftw1266 View Post
No difference really except some added content in the beta.
What content? When I purchased DoDS, I was asked if I want to install normal DoDS (which was already preloaded) or/and DoDS beta (which weighted 1500 MB). I chose the normal one, because I read on the forum that beta is over. Did I miss something?
Fazer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source