Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beyond Good & Evil

Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Bear_crab142

good title bad game

when you read the title of this game Beyond Good and Evil it amkes you think. It makes you think about things liek dragons verse knights and evil wizards verse good wizards.

But then I bought the game LOL it was bad. Not so good at all.

Didn't live up to my expectatiosn at all.

Don't buy it.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Bear_crab142

So who agress with me?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
in.meinem.turm.

^^No one.
There is a demo in the net and you would definitely find out by playing it, that there are no dragons in it. Even by clicking on the screenshots you should have seen, that there are no wizards. Get a life and stop ing on this game.

Last edited by in.meinem.turm.: 08-04-2008 at 11:42 PM.
in.meinem.turm. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:11 AM   #4
Oni Gryphon

What I'm wondering is what do dragons and knights have to do with the title to begin with. When I think of the title, it makes me think of "looking beyond the norm," like what is beyond the obvious and there in lies the truth. And it's also one of my favorite games ever, so no, I don't find it horrible.
Oni Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
Diminuendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Gryphon View Post
When I think of the title, it makes me think of "looking beyond the norm," like what is beyond the obvious and there in lies the truth.
Which is exactly what the game is about...

I can't tell if this guy is a troll or just got dropped on his head as or child, or maybe still is a child. Regardless the game is awesome and everyone should at least consider it.

(Warning: Not for idiots.)
Old 08-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
Oni Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diminuendo View Post
Which is exactly what the game is about...

I can't tell if this guy is a troll or just got dropped on his head as or child, or maybe still is a child. Regardless the game is awesome and everyone should at least consider it.

(Warning: Not for idiots.)
Who knows. And yeah, I'd have to agree, this game is not for the middle school and under crowd since it discusses things that kids just wouldn't understand.
Oni Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 AM   #7
Linkor

Banned
I do really hope you didn't buy the game just because it had a cool title. But rather because you played the demo, looked trough the screenshots, read a rewiev, looked at a gameplay movie, or simply something which actually say something about the game.
Look at one of the best games ever (according to me) Half-Life 2, what do you start to think about when you read that name?

What I want to say is that If you really dont do any research about the game, and just buy it because 'it sounds cool' then you really have to suit your self when you buy games you don't like.

This game is good, and if you lok at other games there are far far worse games with cooler titels.
Linkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
CrimsonTwilight

Beyond Good & Evil stands as my favorite game of all time.

Very well executed, mature, and fun. The storyline was beyond engrossing.

No. Your description of "Beyond Good & Evil" is absolutely the wrong idea. You are thinking "Good & Evil". Notice the cleverly placed "beyond" before you go spouting off about the game.
CrimsonTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
You should have at least checked up some pictures and maybe read a bit about it.

I found it very charming and it was fun looking for those animals and see what they looked like.

It was really an unique game and good at it to. Last boss was thou REALLY anoying. >.>
Zefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
MiEsAmericano

Beyond good and evil is one of my favorite games of all time...

I can't imagine playing with M+KB so I still have the disk for my PS2, and I'm really looking forward to BG&E2.

The plot, characters, gameplay, humor.... It's short, but considering how cheap it is now, the price is okay.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
Woutsie

You're pretty dumb if you buy a guy without knowing what game it is...

Stop buying games.
Woutsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
breeks

ummm.... You do realize that the title of the game is a direct reference to philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche's work, right?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #13
Psamathos

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeks View Post
ummm.... You do realize that the title of the game is a direct reference to philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche's work, right?
I don't think he even knows who Nietzsche was, let alone being able to recognize the title of one of his books.
Psamathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #14
KiteX3

=/

I wouldn't say it's a bad game, but it certainly wasn't what I expected.

I had expected a dark, dystopic 1984-like game. Instead, about five minutes in, I found a talking pig, a bunch of freaky looking "children", and a giant plant thing. Throw in an offensive stereotypical Hispanic hologram, and I think almost anyone can understand why my hopes were shattered.

Now, none of those facts make the game bad. Children's games have their market, and this game would perform spectacularly there, but it's certainly not the dark, dystopic game I had hoped for. I suppose I should have looked at the screenshots before I bought the game. >.<
KiteX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #15
Spidery_Yoda

It's definitely one of the best games of last gen.
Spidery_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beyond Good & Evil