Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Eternity's Child

Old 08-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #31
AaronKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Gill View Post
You do realize moving platforms reset themselves now?
Yup. Actually, that's what causes the problem. There's an area in the map where blades and platforms are moving along the same path (they're spaced apart, though. You'll know it when you see it). If you die, the platforms reset while the blades don't, so it's possible for the blades to end up overlapping the platforms.

Last edited by AaronKI: 08-16-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #32
AaronKI

Bananacake, are there enough gems in "Memory" to finish it?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #33
LucBernard

Eternity's Child
AaronKI

That level is really hands down awesome I am ing impressed, add me on Steam or send me a IM

you basically well did things that even I can't do with the level editor

Since you and bannacake are doing great things with this well to get other users motivated I have a plan

Last edited by LucBernard: 08-16-2008 at 07:14 PM.
LucBernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #34
AaronKI

I hope a PM will work instead. I'm currently running back and forth from the computer to other parts of the house, so I can't handle a real-time conversation over an IM at the moment. :P
Old 08-17-2008, 02:07 AM   #35
Bananacake

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronKI View Post
Bananacake, are there enough gems in "Memory" to finish it?
yea there are, there are eight gems in the stage. Two gems are above the goal while the other six gems are hidden through the level.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:21 AM   #36
AaronKI

EC + Photoshop = I hope Luc doesn't mind that I just destroyed his art.

I might make a full level in this style when I get done recoloring the trees and the forest platforms. I'll also have to figure out if it's possible to add new level themes. And how to activate the falling rose petals that are seen on the title screen. I've been making various guesses about how to add them and make them constantly fall, but none of my attempts have worked so far.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:13 AM   #37
Bananacake

AaronKI I already tried this and it didn't work.
it always said "incorrect" map theme when using the map editor. And it doesn't seem to be possible to change that. I tried all the .ini and .xml files I could find.

I think a "theme" is a folder, currently there are two themes crystal and forest. I made my own theme (, recolored forest, in a new folder) but it just wouldn't work with the map editor. I edited the .xml files and the .ini files but it would still say incorrect map theme.

And it's too much of a hazzle to have to replace .ini files (with configuration settings) just to be able to play one level.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:24 AM   #38
AaronKI

Dang. Well, thanks for the info. You saved me from a lot of hair-pulling and frustration. :P

Can you post a screen of your recolored forest? I like seeing the different ways that people have changed the game with either edited graphics or custom content.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:37 AM   #39
Bananacake

Quote:
Dang. Well, thanks for the info. You saved me from a lot of hair-pulling and frustration. :P

Can you post a screen of your recolored forest? I like seeing the different ways that people have changed the game with either edited graphics or custom content.
I've deleted it. Everything was grey except the moon and water (which were red).
Old 08-17-2008, 05:46 AM   #40
AaronKI

It seems that we think alike. Or maybe removing all of the colors except for one is just a really obvious thing to do. Time to figure out a new level "hook".

Anyway.. after playing all of the custom levels currently available, I think I prefer the regular-style levels like Jump the Shark, Outskirts, Midnaight, Platform Panic and Memory. Bananacake's challenge levels are just too evil. :P
Old 08-17-2008, 06:17 AM   #41
Bananacake

Quote:
It seems that we think alike. Or maybe removing all of the colors except for one is just a really obvious thing to do. Time to figure out a new level "hook".

Anyway.. after playing all of the custom levels currently available, I think I prefer the regular-style levels like Jump the Shark, Outskirts, Midnaight, Platform Panic and Memory. Bananacake's challenge levels are just too evil. :P
I like Memory. It's an easy level, you just have to find the hidden gems.

I like the challenge levels, they are difficult. I can barely complete them myself :p

I added music to all my levels. If you want music in the levels you can download the bananacakechallenge.zip file again. Remember to put the .ogg files in the music folder.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:33 AM   #42
LucBernard

Eternity's Child
Quote:

EC + Photoshop = I hope Luc doesn't mind that I just destroyed his art.

I might make a full level in this style when I get done recoloring the trees and the forest platforms. I'll also have to figure out if it's possible to add new level themes. And how to activate the falling rose petals that are seen on the title screen. I've been making various guesses about how to add them and make them constantly fall, but none of my attempts have worked so far.
I actually like that , I wanted to do a whole red world for Chapter 2 but someone called it too EMO :P
LucBernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 AM   #43
Bananacake

Bananacake Tutorial (ver1.1)

bananacakechallenge.zip

short stage

misc stuff goes into the misc folder.

Until the usermap site is up i'm gonna collect all my maps in the .zip

EDIT: Fixed some stuff at the start of the level. Can no longer fall through the ground after the 2nd sign.

Last edited by Bananacake: 08-17-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #44
Nero_

Good tutorial, I can see something like that be included in the game for new people. Although I like to figure out things myself it's good to have.

Also a new level from me.

Run Angel, run!

Download

I drew this level on paper this night at 3am when watching the olympic games and Michael Phelps getting his 8th gold medal, good stuff there. Not the best work but it's a fun concept that I might expand on later.

Last edited by Nero_: 08-17-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: small edit
Nero_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #45
Fmo101

Actually, what you can do is replace the art like you do when you mod the characters. So you can release say a mario sprite mod, then release maps that are meant to play with those items. The user just needs to remember to save the original art and keep it somewhere.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Eternity's Child