Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Indigo Prophecy

Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Zombywoof83

Banned
dialogue gets cut off mid-sentence

I just bought this game today, and found that a character's dialogue will sometimes get cut off when making a transition from cutscene to gameplay.

It happened consistently during the tutorial. It made for a good laugh, but I just brushed it off, hoping it wouldn't happen in the actual game. But it did!

Is there a fix for this? I checked briefly through the ATARI forums, but nobody seems to mention having such a problem. But some on Steam have.

Thanks for any help.

-ZW
Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Zombywoof83

Banned
Anyone? I tried reinstalling. Didn't work. I know I'm not the only one who had this problem. At least two others have mentioned it on these forums, though no one has said anything on the official forum on Atari.

Could it be a problem on Steam's end???
Zombywoof83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
x02

I've been playing this game for almost six hours (gotten halfway through it), and I haven't ran into this problem yet. I'm sorry, my friend.

I would suggest re-installing it, but as you've already done this, that wouldn't likely work.
x02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
EvaUnit02

The game may not like multi-core CPUs (particularly common with consoles ports from that era). Try patching the game's EXE to only use one core. Remember to backup your EXE beforehand.

Also if you're running an AMD CPU, then install the Dual Core Optimizer driver.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the age of this thread. I'll the post alone for the benefit of anyone else whom comes along with a similar problem.
EvaUnit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
BrknPhoenix

I played through the whole thing last night/this morning and while I did experience the problem frequently in the tutorial, it was very rare in the actual game. *shrug* How far have you played.
BrknPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
rothrin

Sorry for bumping this older thread, but I had the same problem described by the OP and I fixed it by changing my sound cards output from 48khz down to 44.1khz. Something to try for anyone having the same issue.
rothrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #7
teroteki

I was still getting the sentence cut outs even after changing the output to 44.1khz.
Enabling V-Sync inside Fahrenheit fixed the issue for me

Last edited by teroteki: 01-18-2011 at 07:06 PM.
teroteki is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Indigo Prophecy