Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 09-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
NakEd.

Lightbulb My ideas...for steam

Hello ....

1st]steam must create a video player for dem. files or steam could create a look a like console but not in game s we can view our demos without entering the game at all.

and

2ond]Steam should/must add Paysafe card a payment method for it games cause many clients don`t have credit card`s or paypal ....

Thanks for viewing my thread i hope steam notice my thread and act..

Sorry for my bad English i am Greek

Old 09-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
Peewi

I don't think you understand how demos work. They're not videos, but info about what happens in the game. It is impossible to view it without the game.

Also Steam already has PayPal as a payment option and I'm pretty sure you can get a PayPal account without having a credit card.
Peewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
theyarecoming4u

PayPal works fine for debits cards, as that's exactly how I use it.
theyarecoming4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 AM   #4
Seth.Sekhmet

a .dem file records the actions performed by players and server commands, not the actual frames you see. So, to make a .dem player that would actually be a program that incorporates all valve games and all their versions - not just last update. I don't think it's feasible to have a .dem player with a size of 40Gb
Seth.Sekhmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
IcarusNine

And that's not even taking mods into account.
IcarusNine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
NakEd.

ougk....ok let me say something 1st.steam could release a program that LOOKS LIKE HLTV/CONSOLE MENU so we can easy watch our dem`s.easy enough to understand 2ond.in my country Paypal isnt famous enough but even if it was..i am a client of steam 4 years with many games in my acc,so i think that it would be a good idea....PAYSAFE CARD PAYSAFE CARD PAYSAFE CARD..
Old 09-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
Adradis

"ougk....ok let me say something 1st.steam could release a program that LOOKS LIKE HLTV/CONSOLE MENU so we can easy watch our dem`s.easy enough to understand"

You don't understand: DEMOS ARE NOT ACTUAL VIDEO FILES.

All the demos are is just a giant list of what happened in the game. Where players moved, where they aimed to fire, etc.

When you view a demo, your completely reloading the game, running inside the game engine, and the match is rebuilding itself from the demo file. There's nothing to the demo other then a giant list of what happened and when.

That's why a demo player cannot work. It would require EVERY game you want to watch a demo for to be installed, and if the game is updated, you can't watch the demos (Since they are now too different from the game, and thus cannot be accurate). If you wanted to build redundancy into the demo player so that you could watch demos from anytime, you would have 250 GB of game files or more after several larger updates.
Adradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #8
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
If you have a bank you can transfere funds to your Paypal account and it really isn't hard.

You could ask your bank for more information about how this works to. Or just ask on the forums and you will most likely get an more detailed answere.

A .dem player would still need to load the game and the match and all the other things every time you would want to watch a video.
There is a reason those files only take about 500 kb. Otherwise you have the best compressed file you could find in the whole world.
Zefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:23 AM   #9
Kill_Bill74

pay safe ist a very good idea
Old 12-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #10
spoonyboy123

pls pls i bag, take paysafe, and paypal is not paysafe it makes a big differend for me!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
z_man_200

I really would like Valve to keep their game demos available to the public! I want to play L4D demo again!!!
z_man_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
tanonang22

Well, i would like to be able to pay by phone.
tanonang22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas