Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
gta-man

Thumbs down Multiple Steam Problems Plz Help

Hi all, first excuse me if my inglish isnt good, im from Argentina.
I used to have steam like 2 years now, no problems at all, but with the new steam update i get this:

I have multiple problems with steam:

- steam is unestable, if i stop or start a download or do other things like cancel a install of a game, it crash, so i cant install "the orange box"

-steam have slow download rates on my country, i never get more than 15 Kb/s. When in a normal FTP i can download at 400Kb/s

plz help me

PD:i have reinstalled steam , delete ClientRegistry.blob like 10 times and try "delete all in steam folder but dont delete the steam.exe and the steamapps folder", so it dont solve my problems, also i have installed steam on another pc and it have the same problems.

I really jarateed off.

Last edited by gta-man: 09-18-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
richard.eid

At this point, it seems your only choice would be to reinstall Steam. No need to uninstall anything at this point, but a reinstall seems quite necessary.

Click here to download and install the Steam client. Let it run through it's paces and report back with whatever problems you may still be having.

As far as the slow downloads go, it seems that there is no Content Server available in Argentina, so you'll be connecting to the next closest one...theoretically. And wow, it looks like the closest one to you would be somewhere in the U.S. So that may explain the problem. I'm not sure what to suggest for you on this topic. "Just deal with it" is about all I can come up with.

But let's start on getting your Steam client working again and we'll go from there.
richard.eid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
gta-man

Thanks richard.eid, i get it working but i had to install half life 2 year edition before orange box, outside it crash at the "coping data to you cache" thing.

Now my major problem is the download speed, its SLOOOOOW (15kb/s), i dont know why steam cant find a good content server, brazil, for example, is more close to my country than EEUU, why it dont pick a brazil content server to speed up my downloads?

plz help
gta-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
AciD

Volunteer Moderator
Take a look at this FAQ:
Slow Downloads and Connection to Content Servers
AciD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
phenominon32

i have got the same issues and i live in alamaba and have a 2 week old computer that i reformated yesterday. i cant even update steam anymore.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
richard.eid

What problem are you having? Slow downloads or the other Steam issue that was described?
richard.eid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:17 AM   #7
delano10

hi,

my problem is:
steam is updating but it stays at 0% after about an hour it says: steam is currently unavailable.
ive tried to reinstall steam and uninstall but it doesn't work?
i dont know what to do now.
i think it crashed because the update from 12 january, but im not sure.
so i hope someone can help me!!!
thanks guys.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
PwNiAc

Help too

I try to launch Cs Source but it says it needs to validate some files. But a second later it says Steam Server is to busy to handle ur request plz wait a few minutes. i've waited 3 days and nothing
Old 11-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
MGgoose

Exclamation alike problems

i am having a similar problem.i have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and it lways says the same thing, Steam.exe (main exception): to run steam you must first connect to the internet.

it says that even though im connected to the internet and on websites. help me please i had it for about 3 months and it worked fine then around November 23, 2010 it stopped working.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #10
Anohrok Kal

TF2 played fine yesterday. Today...ah jarate.
Im logged into steam but tf2 dont show it
Anohrok Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #11
bigdady43

One error

I have Call of duty Black Ops On the PC and every time I open the multiplayer on the screen shows ERROR: Call of Duty: Black Ops server is not avaible at this time. Please try again later or visit http//www.callofduty.com/blackops for updates.

The game is Downloaded.Please help me. What I need to do?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #12
tjfria

I was excited about RAGE, until I realized that Steam was activated during setup, and now the game crashes every time it starts. So I re-installed, and after 3 hours, it crashes again. What is this scam????
Old 10-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
Drakth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta-man View Post
-steam have slow download rates on my country, i never get more than 15 Kb/s. When in a normal FTP i can download at 400Kb/s
There is something wrong with either your pc or your internet connection. Im also from Argentina, and i can download at 400/600 Kb/s, a few times a bit less, but never seen 15 kb/s.
Drakth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips