Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Advent Rising

Old 10-15-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
HaVok

Is this game worth it?

I heard it was a huge failure... not what people expected... worth a try? Anyone who has played this speak up.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
RBatty444

Is´s really worth to play for a good story and fun!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Gonhamu

i just dont understand this game, it fails bad.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
SilenzXE

Well... on a scale of 1-10... I would say... 3/10.

Why?

It is short, and not very varying. Plus, the objectives, I found, were VERY annoying. I mean, when you get on the enemy ship (the massive one) it says something like: "Get to the bridge" then once you get there it pulls a fast one and changes to "Find Enorym". This took me about 1 hour to realize I didn't have any idea what to do. So I got a WALKTHROUGH. If you need a walkthrough just to get past a certain point, it makes a game... fail. Anyway, it said: "Go back the way you came and go through the door to the left" Or something like that. Meh buddies didn't follow me either, so that is why I attempted to find some way to the next stretch on the bridge. 1/10

Animations weren't bad, and it made me feel like I was watching a movie... a movie where you can shoot stuff... and strike *odd* poses. 3/10

Glitches such as the one where it makes you constantly aim UP. I fixed this (I THINK) by disconnecting meh joystick. 0/10

IT HAS A TO BE CONTINUED THINGY AT THE END!!! No, I am not kidding, IT DOES. 0/10

I think... that's it.
SilenzXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
bes

I liked this game... give it a 8/10, good story ...fun to play..

its short, and the to be continued thing has to do with GlyphX Games and Majesco Entertainment Company failed to represent the game properly, it failed to sell very well..I think it should have sold much better..but oh well.
bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
x1NeMeSiS1x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenzXE View Post
...IT HAS A TO BE CONTINUED THINGY AT THE END!!! No, I am not kidding, IT DOES.
The reason it has the To be continued was because it was planed to be a trilogy, but since Majesco rushed the dev team like freakin' crazy, they didn't have a chance to get any glitches fixed, because of this and a few other things that I wont mention(ING HALO HYPE) it was panned, if the Dev team would have had the appropriate time to actually complete the game, all the game would have done better, and would probably have a continuation. But I will say this to everyone else, at least give Advent Rising a try(if you have an original Xbox, rent it, trust me it is worth it despite all the glitches.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #7
morpheus2n

I did enjoy the game on the xbox but as with the Pc version it was buggy as hell but other than that if you can get though the buggs the games is FUN
morpheus2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
Sir_Brizz

The xbox version had several more major bugs than the PC version had, particularly one where you had to be lucky to get a certain elevator to move.

I'd give the game 10/10 for originality, creativity and fun, but because of the few glitches it had it probably deserved -1.5, so 8.5/10.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
JackNiko

so far i have to say it was one of the most Underrated game of all time, it has a story, the game play changes, its more about the story than the game play, and the game play changes and adapts, one or two things where a bit annoying but they where not glitchs, but pretty much leaving the player to figure stuff out, for example

it was considered a glitch in a certain elevator would not move, to simply press the button twice coz the ship was falling to bits, another time a certain enemy seemed impossible to beat while later he is very easy, this is of course to demonstate your abilitys have grown strong, and at that time it was simply easy enougth to raise them with one hand using the force etc, then using the weapon in your other hand to shoot him while your holding him in mid air

the only problem your going to have with the game is, vista/amd compatability issues, which is not the designers fault because we have had HUGE leaps in tech since then, and that the game is only part 1 of a unfinished quadroligy
JackNiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #10
RBatty444

the story is the best go for it
Old 02-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #11
Wuzzzy

Just picked it up on gog cheap along with BloodRayne2.
Wuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #12
Jito463

It is frustrating that the trilogy was never fully developed (they even used the URL of AdventTrilogy.com, so they really were optimistic), but if you can forego a proper ending (just imagine it ends before the final boss battle, heh), then it is a really fun game in it's own right. Not perfect, but fun.

It's worth $10, in my opinion. I even bought it on Steam, despite having a retail copy, since I wanted to add it to my Steam collection.
Jito463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
icarus912

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilenzXE View Post
Glitches such as the one where it makes you constantly aim UP. I fixed this (I THINK) by disconnecting meh joystick. 0/10

IT HAS A TO BE CONTINUED THINGY AT THE END!!! No, I am not kidding, IT DOES. 0/10
The fact that a problem was on YOUR end doesn't make the game bad. It shouldn't change your opinion of the game. That point should be ignored

That to-be-continued: So maybe there was a sequel planned, but the game didn't sell well enough. They couldn't have predicted that when they made the game. They (as most developers) would assume that they will be making a second one, and would shape the story in that respect. The fact that a sequel wasn't made shouldn't bring down your review. It's not like they can change the story, after it's been released, when they know a sequel isn't going to be made.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
gregoryashby

Its a good story and, I had fun playing it. I didn't run into too many bugs in the game. My OS was XP pro at that time.
gregoryashby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #15
H2OVapour

I would recommend this game. It one of the very few titles that I've replayed multiple times. The only thing I think is unfortunate about this game is that it storywise is part one of three in a triology that will most probably never be completed. So the story just hangs upon completion. It's very unlikely we'll ever see the story continue as the creator of the game no longer has the rights to it.
H2OVapour is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Advent Rising