Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead

Old 04-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #1306
Armor_Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiophed View Post
In the console window type the following in order:

ss_splitmode 2 *enter*
ss_enable 1 *enter*
exec 360controller *enter* (If you see any errors in the exec file executing bindings for both controllers then you have done one of the steps incorrectly or something is wrong with your config file)

If the 360controller file executed correctly then you are ready to go.

Start the game as Single Player and choose your level. When the game starts hit "~" on your keyboard to open the console. Type "ss_connect" and hit enter. You should now see two screens.

The last step is to assign controller 2 to a player. In the console type "cmd2 jointeam 2" and hit enter. You should now see a notification on player 2's window saying to hit the right trigger in order to join.
Thanks alot, this worked perfectly. Now I just need to figure out how to change the name of the second player from "unnamed" to their real name.
Armor_Biff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #1307
HusTlE

Unhappy Problem with L4D2 ... Pls. Help As well as you all can...

Oke now Start. I better describe what i have done.
Maybe i have made something wrong.

I Have installed the Game.

Than i have delet all the text in the cfg file and put in the
text from the first Page in it.

Than i have run the Game.
Open Console:
And tipe in it:

exec 360controller
Enter
ss_splitmode 1
Enter

No Errors till now.

But when i tipe in ss_enable 1 Enter
Than there are stands Unknown Command.

Then i start single Player and nothing
happened. How i manage That i can Play that
Game Splitscreen.

With one Xbox 360 Controller and with keyboard and mouse ??

Please Help meee ?!?!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #1308
motrin

@HusTlE
trying typing ss_connect and cmd2 jointeam 2 anyways during a game and see what happens.

also in order for the controller to work you need it to be set to player 2. make sure you have downloaded the most recent driver from windows update. i say this because before i did the download the unplugging process during the loading screen would not work for me.
motrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #1309
NeoandGeo

Why can't Valve patch this support into their games so we don't have to n***errig our ? :/

I get as far as being able to see splitscreen, but controller 1 can do everything but attach and pick up items for player 1, and player 2 can look around, but it seemingly fused to the floor, and can see as high as everyones ankles.

I just want a simple splitscreen mode for two 360 controllers. Why the hell is it so hard to achieve?

Last edited by NeoandGeo: 06-11-2011 at 11:34 AM.
NeoandGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:20 AM   #1310
Elitejon

ss_enable 1 doesnt work for me. It tells me unknown command. Can someone help me?
Elitejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #1311
pigosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitejon View Post
ss_enable 1 doesnt work for me. It tells me unknown command. Can someone help me?
ss_enable no longer work (and need)

however... without do all these things...
After you have loading the map ONLY write
Code:
conect_splitscreen localhost 2
Stop.
This guide is better
pigosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #1312
raynebloodonme

Red face DONT EAT ME!!!!

I recently bought Left 4 Dead. One of the reasons for doing so was I read that it had split screen co-op. Many moons ago when me and my sister werent old we used to play on our computer at home playing games splits creen. Either in versus mode or co-op. Which brings me to why I am here:

After I recieved Left 4 Dead in the mail and installed it on my computer, I noticed that there was no "split screen" or "co-op" option anywhere in the game menus. Confused I headed to Gamespot and looked the issue up on the "Answers" portion of the Left 4 Dead page. Someone posted a link that ended up leading me here.

After spending a while looking through things people posted I went to work trying to get these things to work. I have spent a total of 5 hours in 2 days trying everything I could find. Most of the solutions are crap for me since I play using a Logitech Dual Action controller not a 360/PS3/PS2 controller. Me and my sister would like to play this game with one of us on mouse and keyboard and one of us on the gamepad. I found on here links to JoyPro(I think that what it was called) and JoyID. JoyID seemed to work but JoyPro didnt want to. Maybe its because I use a Windows 7 and the website didnt go beyond XP for compatibility(that and it said the website no longer exsisted but the download did. Pretty weird.)

I know Ive already said this but, the two of us(me and my sister in case you forgot) would like to play this split screen. I really dont want to buy a second copy of the game just so we can play co-op. So if you have any ideas that I probably havent tried yet, please by all means tell me. Im open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Last edited by raynebloodonme: 06-24-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #1313
pigosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynebloodonme View Post
I recently bought Left 4 Dead. One of the reasons for doing so was I read that it had split screen co-op. Many moons ago when me and my sister werent old we used to play on our computer at home playing games splits creen. Either in versus mode or co-op. Which brings me to why I am here:

After I recieved Left 4 Dead in the mail and installed it on my computer, I noticed that there was no "split screen" or "co-op" option anywhere in the game menus. Confused I headed to Gamespot and looked the issue up on the "Answers" portion of the Left 4 Dead page. Someone posted a link that ended up leading me here.

After spending a while looking through things people posted I went to work trying to get these things to work. I have spent a total of 5 hours in 2 days trying everything I could find. Most of the solutions are crap for me since I play using a Logitech Dual Action controller not a 360/PS3/PS2 controller. Me and my sister would like to play this game with one of us on mouse and keyboard and one of us on the gamepad. I found on here links to JoyPro(I think that what it was called) and JoyID. JoyID seemed to work but JoyPro didnt want to. Maybe its because I use a Windows 7 and the website didnt go beyond XP for compatibility(that and it said the website no longer exsisted but the download did. Pretty weird.)

I know Ive already said this but, the two of us(me and my sister in case you forgot) would like to play this split screen. I really dont want to buy a second copy of the game just so we can play co-op. So if you have any ideas that I probably havent tried yet, please by all means tell me. Im open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
there isn't any problem
try this

then use connect_splitscreen localhost 2 and enjoy
Old 06-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #1314
Gunzers6

I need help! I tried everything you said too, but nothing worked Please help ASAP.
Gunzers6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #1315
raynebloodonme

Red face I like cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigosso View Post
there isn't any problem
try this

then use connect_splitscreen localhost 2 and enjoy
Which download do I pick dear sir/ma'am? Theres 3 of them.. Ill probably try them all. Unless you wanted me to donate money to them
Umm.. also cant figure out how to get it to work. The instructions dont seem... helpful. Of course that could be due to the fact Ive been awake for a while longer than I meant to be...

Last edited by raynebloodonme: 06-26-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #1316
pigosso

Quote:
Which download do I pick dear sir/ma'am? Theres 3 of them.. Ill probably try them all. Unless you wanted me to donate money to them
Umm.. also cant figure out how to get it to work. The instructions dont seem... helpful. Of course that could be due to the fact Ive been awake for a while longer than I meant to be...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzers6 View Post
I need help! I tried everything you said too, but nothing worked Please help ASAP.

so
first download this
then you have to extract it to a folder and place there the file "xinput1_3.dll" that it's here
After you have open x360ce.exe, it will ask you to create x360ce.ini file. Say yes and you have to arrange the settings now
When you have finished, save and close and you'll have 2 files:
x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll
Put them in \Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead and rename the xinput1_3.dll located in left 4 dead/bin in something else

Enjoy !
Old 06-27-2011, 05:57 AM   #1317
raynebloodonme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigosso View Post
so
first download this
then you have to extract it to a folder and place there the file "xinput1_3.dll" that it's here
After you have open x360ce.exe, it will ask you to create x360ce.ini file. Say yes and you have to arrange the settings now
When you have finished, save and close and you'll have 2 files:
x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll
Put them in \Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead and rename the xinput1_3.dll located in left 4 dead/bin in something else

Enjoy !
Okay. So I did everything(thanks for the help so far). However Im still getting 1 screen only. I type connect_splitscreen localhost 2 in but nothing seems to happen. I get this feeling that Im missing something so simple that Im just gonna feel dumb.. hahaha.
After typing it in I get green lettered stuff that says: Sending UDP connect to public IP (followed by a bunch of nembers). Then it says it failed.
**Okay. Well. I got the screen to split. But thats it. Im thinking I should just give up trying. Spend another 20 bucks to buy a second copy of the game for her. Youd think putting a "splitscreen" button on the main menu would be simple. But they obviously know better. Thanks for your help though.

Last edited by raynebloodonme: 06-27-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #1318
JustAnotherLurk

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_VI View Post
I've got split screen showing with keyboard controlling one and an xbox controller the other.
I want to do what this guy did, though, I'm having difficulty getting the controller working. Could anyone assist me?
Old 08-12-2011, 03:29 AM   #1319
pigosso

Quote:
Okay. So I did everything(thanks for the help so far). However Im still getting 1 screen only. I type connect_splitscreen localhost 2 in but nothing seems to happen. I get this feeling that Im missing something so simple that Im just gonna feel dumb.. hahaha.
After typing it in I get green lettered stuff that says: Sending UDP connect to public IP (followed by a bunch of nembers). Then it says it failed.
**Okay. Well. I got the screen to split. But thats it. Im thinking I should just give up trying. Spend another 20 bucks to buy a second copy of the game for her. Youd think putting a "splitscreen" button on the main menu would be simple. But they obviously know better. Thanks for your help though.
mmhh...
if you are still interested try this (http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/xinput...%203.1.4.1.zip)

you need to open then the x360ce.ini file and invert [PAD1] with [PAD2] (after spending some time with the setting) and then putting it in the folder \Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead
Old 09-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #1320
kyle7412

Here's if you have two controllers, It's insanely easy. DON'T change the 360config.cfg, just have the default one.

1. ss_map (eg: ss_map c1m1_hotel)

2. (L4D2 ONLY!!) connect_splitscreen localhost 2

3. exec 360controller

4. done.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead