Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Company of Heroes series

Old 12-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
skogztokig

How do I create a relic online login?

Hey!
Today I bought the company of heroes gold on steam. When I was finished with the download and installation on steam. I started the game and I get in offline mode. So I pressed the button "sign in" up in the right corner. But in there the button "create account" is grey. I cant press it. Whats wrong?
Is the steam version for just offline play?
HElP PLZ!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Beer_N_Cookies

delete the game and re download it. Your probably missing some files that aren't allowing you to make a relic online account.
Beer_N_Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
Servietteski

I Have the same problem.. but i reinstalled the game.. but there is still this problem? whats wrong?
Servietteski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
Mookau

Sounds like it cannot connect to the relic servers.
This could be due to several reasons including:
1. The relic servers are currently down, and you must wait until they are back up.
2. You owned a pirate copy of the game, and modded your hosts file to block the relic servers.
3. Miscellaneous errors relating to your internet connection.
Mookau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
Servietteski

Ok, i finally got this, i tried on another internet connection at my home and it worked..
Old 10-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
Mookau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servietteski View Post
Ok, i finally got this, i tried on another internet connection at my home and it worked..
Good man =]

Glad you solved it by yourself. I can't really do much to help with problem 3. :P
1 and 2 are easy to fix.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #7
gautrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookau View Post
2. You owned a pirate copy of the game
Err no mate the crap game is broken.
Tales of constant updates,constant patches if you own a CD version(which i do also and is why i ended up buying the gold pack off steam as i have never got past the patch issue with my cd copy) not being able to create a relic account ETC(the internet is awash with people who can,t play a game they legally own ).and now i am asked to stick my CD in to verify my paid for steam copy.WTF.
My mate who also bought the game on the same night off steam just so we could play multiplayer managed to create a relic account but when we tried to play on sat night his game broke.he was re downloading the stupid game again instead of playing it.I have also deleted the game from my PC and am re down loading it as i type.
But for a so called finished product from a so called "good " games company and then bought from a so called good system like steam then its a joke.
So please take your pirate posts and shove them where the sun don't shine mate.Some of us are a bit p1ssed off at wasting money on crappy products which no one seems to be bothered about fixing.
This is the first game i have had issues with over steam so maybe that may tell you something.(like oh may be the game is broken)
Old 10-04-2009, 04:25 AM   #8
gautrek

Just an update.
I have now reinstalled the game again and its still broken.
I can't create a relic account so can't play online.
What a f****** joke.
So that 2 lots of money i have paid out for a broken game.Brilliant.
There is no where online to create a relic account either which is p1ss poor to say the least.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #9
Servietteski

you should send an e-mail to steam support
Old 10-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
gautrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servietteski View Post
you should send an e-mail to steam support
I shouldn't have too mate as its a common problem.Thats not been fixed even though its a major issue.
I have just had a quick check and this problem was posted by someone else here on this forum on 04-02-2009.
So its still an issue?WHY?

Last edited by gautrek: 10-04-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
Mookau

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautrek View Post
Err no mate the crap game is broken.
Tales of constant updates,constant patches if you own a CD version(which i do also and is why i ended up buying the gold pack off steam as i have never got past the patch issue with my cd copy) not being able to create a relic account ETC(the internet is awash with people who can,t play a game they legally own ).and now i am asked to stick my CD in to verify my paid for steam copy.WTF.
My mate who also bought the game on the same night off steam just so we could play multiplayer managed to create a relic account but when we tried to play on sat night his game broke.he was re downloading the stupid game again instead of playing it.I have also deleted the game from my PC and am re down loading it as i type.
But for a so called finished product from a so called "good " games company and then bought from a so called good system like steam then its a joke.
So please take your pirate posts and shove them where the sun don't shine mate.Some of us are a bit p1ssed off at wasting money on crappy products which no one seems to be bothered about fixing.
This is the first game i have had issues with over steam so maybe that may tell you something.(like oh may be the game is broken)
I don't know what candyland you live in, but that was one of three possible issues I posted, no idea why you focussed on only one.

Pirating the game involves 'telling' windows to block the relic online servers, which will give you the same problem if you uninstall the pirate version, and install the retail version and you want to play online.

The relic servers being down happens from time to time, and the only fix for that is to check their main page for a downtime notice and wait it out.

Lastly (and this sounds like your problem) there is something stopping the connection on your end, this could range from just about anything like your firewall to your ISP.

Try using your computer at a friends place and see if you can do it, if you can, theres a good chance that its your router/modem that is blocking you. If not (and your friend can) its more than likely a problem with your computer (firewall, hosts file, etc).

You've been saying that its been a problem since 6 months ago and wondering why it hasn't been fixed? Thats because its not a problem that Relic can fix. Its on your end, not theirs.

And more specifically.
Quote:
First off, THQ are s. They may support great games, but that doesn't mean that they aren't just in it for the money. They make ridiculous contracts with the games companies that they support.

Relic on the otherhand (the guys who actually programmed the game) are pretty fantastic. Its a shame that they are with THQ, because, chances are, they are going to get screwed over by them.

Steam don't do anything but offer a download server for the game files. Don't go whining about how steam has failed you. In fact, don't go whining about how either of the 3 companies involved have failed you, when its not their fault.

Quote:
Pirate posts ey? So even mentioning that pirating your game can cause problems makes me a pirate? Seriously, I'd never be able to help anyone out if I didn't play the game online. How the hell would I know what to tell anyone?
First off, learn to read, you missed 1 and 3. Secondly, get your stupid opinions and shove them up your and learn to take advice. If you can't ask for help in a neutral and constructive way, then you're lucky to get help at all.

Quote:
And if you still haven't gotten it by now. This is the first game you have used to connect to RELIC's servers. Besides that, everyone else seems to have solved their problems.
Or are you just waiting for someone to come to your house and solve everything for you?

So, before you post here again, learn to shut that trap of yours before spouting off random abuse and prejudice, and take some advice and FIX IT YOURSELF.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
gautrek

Quote:
So, before you post here again, learn to shut that trap of yours before spouting off random abuse and prejudice, and take some advice and FIX IT YOURSELF.
Yes mate i am fixing it myself.And i tell you what this is one of the crappiest games i have ever tried to get running for years.Relic are a good company with a good product my .
lets see. after having no joy at getting either CoH or OF to play ball on steam i thought i know.I'll uninstall CoH and re install my CD copy.As i knew that connects ok as it keeps telling me to download millions of patches.
So i tried to delete just CoH from steam.well guess what you can't.Brilliant.So i now have to re download OF if i want to play it.Brilliant idea there valve.

So installed Coh off my disc and tried connecting.i got to the patch needed part and thought sod this i'm going to get the patches myself and sort it.as relic must own the worlds slowest server on which they have installed their patches.So i found all the million and one patches i need to get my Cd version current(whats wrong with ONE big batch every now and then).
So i starts patching the game.only for one patch to throw a wobbly and then my game refuses to start.F*** me.

So i un istalled and re installed it AGAIN.

Now i thought i know i'll let the game update its self.So i left it running.i got about 1/3 of the way through a large patch and headed to bed.turning my PC off as i went.So thats 7-30 ish through to about 11-15 dicking about trying to get my legally bought game up and running.

So next day turn PC on after work at about 6-30 and leave it running while i'm messing about with my motorbikes.Keep checking through the night and around 8-30 the patch downloads.I then perk up a bit and let game sort its self out again.fast forward to about 11 ish and i am still downloading patches.So thats the second night f****** about trying get the crappy game sorted.

I get too what i think is the last patch and the game seems ready to play .But NO whats this.I have to download a Relic download program.OH FFS sake how much more is there.
So i downlaod this and it pops up saying oh by the way there are another 4 count them 4 f****** patches to download which we will torrent too you with our new auto down loader program.So i am now waiting for the incredibly slow torrent system to finally finish the updates for the game that to be honest i am losing the will to play the longer it goes on.

This is f***** joke mate.also why am i seeding through relics torrent system.Did i say they could?NO

I have also got a horrible feeling that when i try to
re download OF it will re write over my CoH copy and make it unusable again.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
Mookau

Company of heroes, Opposing fronts and Tales of Valor all use the EXACT SAME FILES.

Don't delete one or you will delete them all.

The reason downloading patches for the original game happens to be so slow is because it uses torrents, and not enough people are seeding them.

Your situation is just... well, bad luck I guess.

Install the latest version on steam, and let steam do all the work. If you still can't log on when you get that done, give me the exact error message you receive and I will try my hardest to help out.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #14
gautrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookau View Post
Company of heroes, Opposing fronts and Tales of Valor all use the EXACT SAME FILES.

Don't delete one or you will delete them all.

The reason downloading patches for the original game happens to be so slow is because it uses torrents, and not enough people are seeding them.

Your situation is just... well, bad luck I guess.

Install the latest version on steam, and let steam do all the work. If you still can't log on when you get that done, give me the exact error message you receive and I will try my hardest to help out.
Well maybe they ought to pay so money out and host them somewhere so i can manually download them.Because around 10 hours to patch a game is p1ss poor.
So deleting one game and the whole lot going.P1ss poor again.
I am one p1ssed off person.
I know i will think twice before giving relic any more of my money.

And my situation is not bad luck its bad programming.What happens if i just own a CD copy of the game and i have a hard drive failure.Oh thats right i have to spend another 10 hours updating my game. BRILLIANT
I can now log on to relic online due to me not going through steam.So maybe it was steams fault all along then wasn't it.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #15
Mookau

I doubt it was steams fault, perhaps a reinstall fixed the issue. (Though, then again, I suppose that would be steams bad as it installed it for you.)

The relic site used to have both torrents and a http server for the patches, however they cut back and now it only hosts the torrents.

Though many other sites offer downloads for the patches.

Glad you got it working, try not to stress too much over it. =\

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Company of Heroes series