Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
rattustherat

Leave the cheats in?

One of the things I miss about pc gaming is being able to play around with the cheats. Why not leave the cheats in as something that can be voted in for private coop games only?

(Ok, I know why, because the exploit still wouldn't be very user friendly and a vote option would draw attention to it. Still, it'd be nice).

Old 12-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
sharky70

Although playing around with the console commands is fun for the PC, the immediate problem had to be taken care of.

I see your point, but the problem was taking place on sponsored dedicated servers that weren't owned by the people using the commands.
On the PC version people can purchase their own dedicated servers to do what they wish, like using the console commands, on the xbox version, this isn't the case.
Also people were using this exploit to finish their achievements, when using the commands on the PC, it locks the achievements.

For the voting option, I suppose it could be implemented, though I don't see a big benefit from it, and it would take much more time to be updated, which wouldn't have been an option right away, the problem had to be fixed quickly, and it was.
sharky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
Snot_Bubble

Leave the cheats like meleeing the yellow generator infront of the elevator doors in no mercy?

Haveing the smoker trying to pull someone off a roof is a good challenge to keep in though. I have found it to be more satisfying to get my team together to stop the smoker on the hospital roof so no one dies.
Snot_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
xBuTcHeRx

Remove ALL the cheats, I don't want this game to be ruined, please VALVE, remove ALL cheats as soon as possible.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
rattustherat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBuTcHeRx View Post
Remove ALL the cheats, I don't want this game to be ruined, please VALVE, remove ALL cheats as soon as possible.
I thought they already did?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
ZoSo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky70 View Post
Also people were using this exploit to finish their achievements, when using the commands on the PC, it locks the achievements.
Actually you can enter most cheat commands and then set sv_cheats back to 0 and you can get achievements that way (useful for spawning tanks and witches). Though it doesn't matter because achievements don't mean anything. You guys get points for them or something like that though, right?

Though I did do the achievements in TF2 with bots (-bot command is flagged as sv_cheats 1) in order to get the unlockables (which don't belong in an fps...). There's an extra trick for that though.
ZoSo15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead